I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!

maddiem
#1I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 9:21am

I went to see the show and can't stop thinking about it, especially James Barbour he was just fantastic! I'm going back next week with more friends and I will be getting the CD this time.

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#2re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 9:41am

Glad you enjoyed the show. You'll probably be greeted by most as a shill, however I agree with your statement. I loved A TALE OF TWO CITIES both in Florida and in New York. I consantly am refering it to friends who, after seeing the show, wonder what the critics were thinking because they had a great time at the show.

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

maddiem
#2re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 10:11am

I dont understand it either. It is such a moving and beautiful story and it has stayed with me since I have seen it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 10:34am

You dirty shill

Just kidding. Glad you enjoyed it . We will see it in a few weeks.

Poster Emeritus

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#4re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 10:40am

Well, I think everyone's entitled to their own opinions. You can't expect everyone to love a show the same way every show will have its supporters.

Personally I didn't love the show, but I am glad I saw it and I did enjoy it. It's one of my favorite books so I wanted to see it if for that reason only. But I will agree with you in saying James Barbour was fantastic. His voice definitely blew me away!

HITcards
#5re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 1:20pm

I have always thought that it is incredibly unfair to judge a show before seeing it, though I will admit I went in with not very high expectations. After seeing it last night, I was very moved by the story and performances, especially James Barbour. Sure, it's hard to ignore the similarities to Les Miz, especially the end of act 1, and I was not at all a fan of the set design, but the story alone made me really enjoy the show. I guess that's why they say don't judge a book by its cover.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#6re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 1:52pm

I'm really glad you enjoyed the show. It really warms my heart to see so many people enjoying this production.

"I was not at all a fan of the set design"

I enjoyed the simplicity of the set in Florida and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the exact same set from that production.

I'm really looking to seeing the show in a few weeks and seeing what sort of changes have been made.

Also, it seems to be (IMO at least) that the most active naysayers are people who have not seen the production. I believe that's a pretty unintelligent stance to take because it's very hard to form an opinion when you have nothing to base it on.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#7re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 1:58pm

I loved it too...the reviews were very harsh.

Mattbrain
#8re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 2:13pm

I personally wanna see this show because I like musicals adapted from novels and I like power ballads and I like James Barbour.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

susanlynn
#9re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 2:41pm

He was terrific in this. When he sings I can't Recall it is a show stopper! I'm just waiting for the CD to come out.

EthelMinnelli Profile Photo
EthelMinnelli
#10re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 4:48pm

I loved this show! It was the best show I've seen in a long while!!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#11re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 6:03pm

I totally agree with WAT !!! I will be back to see it Tues !

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#12re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 6:21pm

Some people in back of us today @ Speed said they saw ATOTC & loved it. They said they were surprised after the way the critics crapped all over it.

We are looking forward to seeing it in a few weeks.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 10/5/08 at 06:21 PM

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#13re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/5/08 at 10:41pm

I greatly enjoyed the show as well, maddeim.

And if anyone wants to call me a shill for it, they obviously don't know me on these boards.

bwayguy22089
#14re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 12:06am

Loved it as well re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!

maddiem
#15re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!
Posted: 10/6/08 at 7:26am

Glad you loved it Robert..:) Its just one of those shows that have stayed with me, I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Not just the love story aspect also I keep thinking about what an awful time in history this was.

Videos