the black kid in Billy Elliot...huh?

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:14pm

Updated On: 5/1/09 at 11:14 PM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#51here comes my lecture........
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:16pm

Who cares? The post was already bumped up to the top and is bound to get deleted anyway, eventually, when the mods come to their senses.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

iluvtheatertrash
#52here comes my lecture........
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:17pm

This thread is disgusting, even though some instances of color blind casting baffle me.

I saw a Korean boy when I was in London. It did bother me to an extent, though he was undeniably talented. It had nothing to do with his race, just how blind casting really can go... it seems a bit of a stretch sometimes. Hope I don't offend anyone by saying that...

However, to say, "are we down south now?"... DISGUSTING.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:19pm

Updated On: 5/1/09 at 11:19 PM

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#54Responding only validates what the OP said.
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:25pm

it is almost impossible for a topic like this NOT to get posted or bumped only hours since created. It is a cycle

messed up topic= arguing msgs.= tries to stop msgs.= even more messages to come.

It has a method to its madness

*cackles*

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Khashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
#55Responding only validates what the OP said.
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:30pm

This thread is hilarious.

"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#56Responding only validates what the OP said.
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:31pm

"Then why bother responding? People are complaining that this thread is here, yet they keep bumping it up. Why? You don't want to hear my answer to that."

You could say the same for yourself - it's a cycle. Geez. I posted in here because I wanted to say what I thought, and I hope the OP reads it.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Mekroth
#57Responding only validates what the OP said.
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:33pm

This person is obviously just saying these things to rile you up. It's blatantly fake.

Still not funny, but quite fake.

SporkGoddess
#58Responding only validates what the OP said.
Posted: 10/15/08 at 11:59pm

Yeah, definitely don't feed the troll.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#59Responding only validates what the OP said.
Posted: 10/16/08 at 12:13am

That guy lying on the ground looks like the narrator from Rock of Ages...

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#61When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 1:39pm

You silly half wit. Everyone knows that child is the offspring of Dad and his first wife, who was Tonkinese (but really black) and ....

(oops. wrong show)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Updated On: 10/16/08 at 01:39 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#62When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 1:41pm

I thought he was black because of the magical potion that the dad gave the mom.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

somuchtodo
#63When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 1:43pm

You silly half wit.

(That's all I want to say.)

gypsy4
#64When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 1:46pm

raceist who cares who performs as long as they have good talent thats all i care about. is this the return of averagejoe36.
Updated On: 10/16/08 at 01:46 PM

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#65When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 1:46pm

>>> I thought he was black because of the magical potion that the dad gave the mom. <<<

Well, the dad works in the coal mines so yeah, I'm sure that would change the color of his ermm... liquids!

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

blondebaby589 Profile Photo
blondebaby589
#66When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 2:34pm

galinda, you're truly an idiot. I don't know if you actually feel this way or you're just doing it to rile people up, but either way you're still an idiot.

www.tinydancer5.tumblr.com

PiraguaGuy2
#67When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:09pm

Maybe all the soot from the mines turned him black.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

WishingOnlyWounds2
#68When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:22pm

When do the White Billys play?

i read the others thread and happily i'm not the only who who thinks this type of ethnic casting is weird and makes no senses. so let me ask my question again. "When do the white Billys play?"
OMG ALL THE BILLY'S ARE WHITE!!! Why does it matter?

Also, I don't like your avatar.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Broadwaynerd101
#69When do the White Billys play?
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:34pm

How did the OP get deleted and NOT the poster.