pixeltracker

In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You- Page 2

In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You

Noel&Cole
#25re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 11:02am

Does anybody else find it funny that the article says IN THE HEIGHTS "continues to play to capacity crowds" Since when? I dont thinkt hey have had more than two sold out weeks and now it ranges between 75% to 90%. That is not capacity. Wicked and Jersey Boys are capacity.

Also Lin has done some very admirable work. It is a pity they arent using the movie as a chance to get a decent script. Hudes book is the thing that brings ITH down. Cut her out of the movie.

tinysinger87 Profile Photo
tinysinger87
#26re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 11:53am

I will boycott if JLO ends up in this movie...

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#27re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 12:04pm

I'm hoping that Olga will do the movie.

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#28re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 12:16pm

Seeing as Zac Efron is now required to be in every movie musical from now until the end of time...I'm putting my request in for Zac!Benny.

PiraguaGuy2
#29re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 12:33pm

Are you HIGH?
That might be the worst casting I've ever heard.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#30re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 12:51pm

Besides Lin if they get to keep any of the OBC I want them to keep robin and olga. Especially Olga. Seriously, Pacienca Ye Fe brought me close to tears when I saw the show. She is just a great performer giving a wonderful performance in this role and I think itd be a shame to recast her. Robin is just hilarious and I would love to see him in the movie. After all, he was in Camp so maybe to the younger theatre going demographic he might mean something.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#31re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 12:52pm

I'm joking, lol.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#32re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 1:26pm

Zac Benny opposite Demi Nina - brilliant! I think that even has the right age difference! How about Nick Jonas for Sonny? Ohhh, we are SO good at the casting y'all! re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You

Mattt Profile Photo
Mattt
#33re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 3:27pm

I predict In the Heights will be a smash hit. They will get a lot of the MTV crowd.

As for casting, pleaseeee keep Eliseo as Pirgaua Guy! No one sings it like him! I saw him as Kevin once nad his u/s was on and it just wasn't the same at all. If they go with more of the Broadway cast in the movie, I think Krysta Rodriguez would be amazing in either Nina or Carla. She's amazing on film, she young, and she can act and sing the roles. She needs her big break, now!
Updated On: 11/7/08 at 03:27 PM

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#34re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 3:29pm

We can all agree that JLO is going to be Daniella, right?

love you forever Profile Photo
love you forever
#35re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 3:36pm

I can see Rosario as more of a Vanessa than a Nina.

Electricity sparks inside of me. And I'm free, I'm free! - Billy Elliot the Musical

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#36re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 3:43pm

We can all agree that JLO is going to be Daniella, right?

lol I *totally* just said that to someone! hee

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#37re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:03pm

To be fair, while Jennifer Lopez is no Andrea Burns (who is?), she would probably be quite funny as Daniela. Though Ana Ortiz is really as ideal for the role as it gets--yes, I know, typecasting.
Rosario Dawson is completely wrong for Nina, but she would make a really nice Vanessa--even if she couldn't really sing the part as written.
Rita Moreno would make quite a good Abuela Claudia, if she manages to play a Cuban woman instead of Puerto Rican (yes, there is a difference). She's better-suited for the Priscila Lopez role, but not only is it too small, but she is too old for it by now.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#38re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:07pm

Did everyone forget what happened when musical movies used performers from the Broadway cast? Rent, The Producers...etc.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#39re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:07pm

i can't wait for this...Karen and and Olga have to be in this with Lin!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#40re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:10pm

You really can't blame OBC for for The Producers' failure. The only 2 in the movie that didn't have a Hollywood career before hand were Gary & Roger.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#41re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:12pm

Movie audiences do not want to see the OBC aka unknowns. They want STARS. It's sad but true. Look at Chicago, Dreamgirls, Hairpsray, Mama Mia, etc.
Updated On: 11/7/08 at 04:12 PM

fetzles1490
#42re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:28pm

I agree that Rosario would be a better Vanessa than Nina... if she were a decent singer. I just can't see her pulling off It Won't Be Long Now.
But Krysta as Nina... I can see that! Well, obviously I'm not the only one since she's the understudy, lol.

I'm pretty surprised and not really all that thrilled about this becoming a movie, though. I feel like it's just too soon.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#43re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:32pm

As much as I would love the OBC to be able to do it, some of the actors are far too old to translate well to film. It's so much easier on stage where you're not in close up but on film? No way.

I feel they should recast Nina and Vanessa as well as Kevin but that's for other reasons.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#44re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:33pm

Exactly. I'm still surprised Lin-Manuel Miranda is starring in this, though I'm sure it has to do with him having rights over the actual property. Either way, Miranda is enough, they need to surround him with a stellar cast of renowned Latino actors. The issue is that there aren't any actual Latino stars that are hot right now AND are actually right for the roles.
Salma Hayek, Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas, and Javier Bardem are the only Hispanic actors who can sell tickets that I can think of. I'm sure there's a couple more but that's about it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

dg22894
#45re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:36pm

I think it would be nice for the In the Heights to do theirs like cats, rather than like Rent, but either way it was good. I think for wicked it was coming Idina should be Elphaba in the movie.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#46re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:37pm

Crossies on keeping Olga! And most of the original cast.

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#47re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:39pm

I will take a knife on ANYONE who tries to replace Olga.

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#48re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
Posted: 11/7/08 at 4:48pm

Well for Zack Efron. Benny is african american... He's not.

Any way I would not see it if he is in it. This is my favorite show of all time and I am happy but sad about it becoming a movie. I hope they don't mess it up.
(I vote OBC and some Star as Kevin) I wonder what songs they will cut...
I can't wait!

I think they could cut "Inutil" and replace it with a scene. I think they will cut "Piragua" but I don't want them to. Updated On: 11/7/08 at 04:48 PM

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights