pixeltracker

"High mercury levels" force Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW- Page 7

"High mercury levels" force Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#150One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:28am

Heh. The fish story is starting to stink even more. A rather revealing article on Dr Quack-- er, Colker:

Meet Mercury-Poisoned Jeremy Piven's Fishy Celebrity Doctor

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Morgaine885
#151One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:43am

I honestly think the fact that Raul was getting so many accolades had something to do with this.

Didn't a few reviews come right out and SAY, "Sure, people are coming to see Jeremy Piven, but Esparza is the true star here?"

And I think one said something like, "Esparza runs away with the entire show when Piven is not looking." (Which I don't think is entirely true, because Moss is great in her role, too.)

He couldn't handle not being the one everyone was falling over...and he acted like a spoiled child and wanted-out.

Well, Mr. Piven...when you go home and polish all your Emmy and Golden Globe awards, remember that guy who was passed over for a Tony for what most feel was the best performance by a leading actor in a musical in years...and still comes to work every day and gives his best in every show he's done since then.

This has done nothing but make me respect and admire hardworking, humble stage actors even more.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#152One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:46am

This all is only going to make Raul look even better.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Morgaine885
#153One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:51am

Exactly...and I think even Raul's performance will be even better know because of these new additions to the cast.

luvtheEmcee
#154One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:54am

Oh, definitely. I spoke to him briefly last night and I think he's as excited about working with Norbert as I am to see them share a stage! It's gonna be explosive, I can't wait.

Updated On: 12/19/08 at 11:54 AM

Morgaine885
#155One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:59am

Wow, he seemed to look pretty sprightly at these film premieres just a week ago.

http://www.wireimage.com/celebrities.aspx?so=4,d&s=Jeremy-Piven
http://meetthefamous.com//search/?search=Jeremy%2520Piven

And, honestly? I didn't even realize he was such a big "star". (Then again, I don't watch HBO).

Isn't he also the one who made all those comments that he and John Cusack's friendship fell apart because Cusack was so jealous of the fact that Piven became more famous than him??????

What an egocase.

Betcha he'll be all smiles and energetic at the Golden Globes in a few weeks.

Morgaine885
#156One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 12:04pm

"It just says so much about a person if he has space for other people's success."

Piven said that about Cusack...made me laugh-out loud.

Hey...maybe the producers could get John Cusack in if the show extends :)

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2007/01/10/jeremy_piven_feels_that_john_cusack_cant_handle_his_success_john_cusack_lifts_weights_and_talks_football_to_counter_pivens_giving_people_the_impression_that_theyre_queer_or_something.php

LadyDramaturg2
#157One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 12:32pm

Yero and Jordan, re: Cedric, I was only referring to his OWN comments in interviews he gave in the run-up to opening, when he commented in this wide-eyed kind of way --

Gee you have to memorize the whole thing all at once (not a direct quote, I'd have to go digging for the articles).

And also, when asked how he felt about his B'way debut, he said, like, -- well, I kinda wanted to have that on my resume.

I know!

Wouldn't you have had more respect for the theater than that? That's all I was talking about.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#158One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 12:39pm

Oh, ok. I don't really follow him, so I didn't know about that. But I do remember Terrence whining about 8 shows a week ~ I think he compared it to slavery.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

touchmeinthemorning
#159One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 1:22pm

I'd also like to add that Piven was the weakest thing about the show when I saw it in previews. He didn't know lines, didn't know the style of the show, and was outclassed by his co-stars.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#160One heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 1:23pm

From an article in The Gothamist:

Producers are extremely skeptical of [Piven's] diagnosis and may take legal action to demand a second opinion. One tells the Post, "We didn't have star insurance, but we should have had asshole insurance."

And when asked about his co-star's mercury poisoning excuse outside the theater, the brilliant Raul Esparza said, "[If] that's what he says, that's what he says...We have not heard from him. We do not know where he is. It's very disappointing when your co-star leaves."
Piven's Mercury Poisoning Seems Fishy to Producers

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#161one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 1:29pm

i just hope that none of you haterz are ever forced to face the heartbreak of high mercury.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#162one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 1:59pm

They just ran the story on our locak news saying that he ate too much sushi.

I have a few friends in NYC who have had contact with Mr. Pivens and they weren't impressed. He also bailed on a big event that he and Raul were supposed to attend. In the evening of the event, from what I was told. Raul showed and I was told was very charming. (And he looked charming in the pics my friend sent me!)

Just give the world Love.

Morgaine885
#163one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 2:06pm

Even the producers of the show are making no secret that they think this guy isn't being truthful.

http://www.theproducersperspective.com/my_weblog/2008/12/favorite-quotes-volume-xv-my-response-re-jeremy-pivens-departure.html

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#164one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 2:09pm

Wait, Piven said that stuff about Cusack? It's not that I had any respect for him to begin with but my lord, what a douchebag extraordinaire.

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#165one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 2:17pm

Interesting link, Morgaine...

"Speed the Plow holiday party! The show and the party must go on! (and actually, it's going to be a lot more fun)" Wow...

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#166one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/19/08 at 11:02pm

More on Jeremy's celebrity doctor:

one heck of a fish(y) story
Meet Mercury-Poisoned Jeremy Piven's Fishy Celebrity Doctor

Kevn520 Profile Photo
Kevn520
#167one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:08am

Best comment to that posted article:

"I'm surprised he didn't just go to Dr. Leo Spaceman."

nexttoelectric Profile Photo
nexttoelectric
#168one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:17am

Why is everyone so suddenly shocked that Jeremy Piven is a douche bag? Was it not obvious before?

Plum
#169one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:20am

Was it? I thought he just played them, though admittedly I never really read articles about him.

FindingNamo
#170one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:33am

The thing is, mercury poisoning is serious. I think people might be responding blithely to it because they don't hear much about it anymore. But the fact is, thanks to the easing of environmental restrictions on pollution-generators (do I even need to spell out which administration did the easing?), it's strongly recommended that pregnant women nowadays NOT eat fish while gestating. I know somebody who tuna salad every work day because she thought it was healthy and she ended up with mercury-related illness and she needed treatment for a year.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Chrysanthemum62001
#171one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:35am

Yeah, I always respected him very much as an actor. I've never watched Entourage, so I just figured he was just really great at playing the jerk.

I had NEVER heard that bit about John Cusack and I find it down right laughable. Please. I seriously doubt Jeremy Piven has ANYTHING for John Cusack to be jealous of.

And the fact that Piven was quoted as saying he was bored out of his mind infuriates me. Especially cause he was always the one dropping lines. What a LOUSE.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#172one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:52am

Wait, he was quoted as saying he was bored out of his mind? (ETA: nevermind, found the quote.) Really smart thing to say when you're trying to get out on account of your health.

If he really is suffering from this health problem, I certainly feel bad, but the fact remains that sick or not, he's kind of handling this like an ass.

Updated On: 12/20/08 at 12:52 AM

nexttoelectric Profile Photo
nexttoelectric
#173one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:58am

he's kind of handling this like an ass.

He's not handling it like an ass, he IS an ass.

FindingNamo
#174one heck of a fish(y) story
Posted: 12/20/08 at 1:09am

I would totally do that doctor and he wouldn't even have to give me a script afterwards.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos