Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#1Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 12:40am

I am very interested in this rush, but I am curious if anyone could shed any light as to the quality of the limited tickets they set aside for the rush? I would be willing to freeze my skin off to get a close ticket for my mom for this show.

Thanks! :)

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Broadway Baby 2
#2re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 1:46am

I did do rush and I got great seats. They give 24 seats per show to general rush $26.50 cash only. I got there at 9 am on a Sunday. They sell the tkts 1 hour before the show.

lalarox
#2re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 3:13am

Sometimes it's 16 tickets and sometimes it's 24 - ask the box office when you get there to find out.

I have done it twice. The seats are in the front row and are all amazing. The first time I went, I got there at 1 pm and was the first in line. The second time, I got there at 1 pm and was last in line. My advice is to get there by 11 am or noon on weekdays - earlier on weekends, obviously.

It is definitely worth the wait.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#3re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 3:17am

^ Thank you so much for the above info. I really appreciate it.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#4re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 9:24am

I got there at 1 last Saturday and was third in line. They let you wait inside, but the lobby is freezing, so dress warmly.

Lately, they've only had 14 tickets. Someone on Saturday asked at the box office how many and they had no clue. At about 5:30 PM, a woman finally came out, counted us, and said, "We only have 14 tickets tonight, so everyone after this man, don't bother."

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#5re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 2:40pm

If it's rush, you'd think they'd just give them out in the morning when the box office opens and be done with it.

HollyDiver
#6re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/23/08 at 3:16pm

Just wanted to double check- even though the box office may open much earlier than the 8pm performances, you still have to wait till 7pm (1 hour before the show) to get a ticket?)

I'd rather be reckless than rockless.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#7re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/24/08 at 12:14am

Yes. First of all, they don't know exactly how many tickets they have available until 5-ish. Second, they make everybody wait until 7 PM, even if the line has been full for hours. I guess they want to weed out the hardcore Liza fanatics from the people who are just bored and looking for cheap tickets to something.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

HITcards
#8re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/24/08 at 1:17am

Anyone know if it's 1 ticket per person or 2? Thanks.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#9re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/24/08 at 4:41am

^ Oh yes, that's right. I assumed it was 2 per person but is it 1 per person?

Thanks to all for shedding light on this.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#10re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/24/08 at 8:31pm

so curious around what time have people been starting to line up.

coolkid11776
#11re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/26/08 at 8:58pm

Bump Is it 1 ticket per ID or 2?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

broadfan327
#12re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/27/08 at 12:18am

It is 2 per person. I was unlucky number 15 today. There were only 14 tickets. The box office woman thought they would have a ticket for me, but an hour and a half later she said she only had 14 tickets. I had gotten there at 2:30 PM. The show was on TKTS so I bought myself a ticket there.

HITcards
#13re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/27/08 at 2:31am

I also did it today. The first people in line got there before the box office opened at around 8 and 9. The person who got the last of the 14 tickets got there around 1 or so. It's 2 tickets per person. Broadfan, sorry you had to wait with us only to lose out in the end.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#14re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 12/27/08 at 4:24am

i was #1 on line today.
i actually got to the theatre around 7:45am...but no one was there so i walked around a bit and came back a bit after 8am.
#2 in line arrived around 9am.
#3 arrived around 11am.

stopped paying attention to when others arrived but the line was closed before 2pm.

the number of tickets varies from night to night. tonight was 14 tickets. most nights there's 16, some nights there have been 24. according to the box office woman it all depends on how many tickets the producers need each night.

HollyDiver
#15re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:13pm

Any updates on this? I am going tomorrow and was wondering when a good time to arrive is. I am thinking of 930am as of now.

I'd rather be reckless than rockless.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#16re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/2/09 at 10:19am

HollyDiver please let us know how it went...Im going tommorow :)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#17re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/2/09 at 10:23am

I'm confused. Don't the tickets go on sale one hour prior to performance, and not when the box office opens?

So are people getting there at 9:30am and waiting inside until 7:00pm to buy tickets for the 8:00pm show?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

broadfan327
#18re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/2/09 at 10:38am

>I'm confused. Don't the tickets go on sale one hour prior to >performance, and not when the box office opens?

>So are people getting there at 9:30am and waiting inside until >7:00pm to buy tickets for the 8:00pm show?

Yes.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#19re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/2/09 at 10:39am

Wow.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

coolboi952
#20re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/2/09 at 2:55pm

i did the rush last Sunday and I got there at 7am and I was the first one. Thy said they Only had 12 tickets so they cut the line off at 12 sent everyone else home. Then more people came after 12 and waited and they ended up giving 16 tickets away. So I don't even think they know the total till a hour before the show. Also not all seats were in the front row some were In like row M. I recieved seats 101 and 103 in row AA. I was talking to some friends the other day and they want to do it on Sunday but are talking about getting there really early.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#21re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:24pm

yes i as well will be doing it on sunday which is the last show. so i am getting there at like 7am . going to be tired, and have coffee and a bagel with me , but it's all for liza haha.

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

NYUrickydrummer
#22re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:35am

I want to rush the last performance. How early do people think the theatre staff/powers that be will LET people wait? My guess is that 7 AM for the last performance may be too late?

broadfan327
#23re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:41am

The box office does not open at 7 AM I don't think, so you will be waiting outside. I doubt they would have security outside either.

NYUrickydrummer
#24re: Liza's at the Palace - Anyone attempted the 16-ticket rush?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:44am

True. But security isn't really necessary to form some semblance of a line. The security people don't do all that much even when the box office IS open. It's still up to those waiting to police themselves and make sure people don't cut.

Videos