The New Nederlander Theatre

BRDWYrobb Profile Photo
BRDWYrobb
#1The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 2:29pm

Passed by the nederlander last night and saw some nice new things
cant wait to see it finished and lit up!

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#2re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 3:51pm

cool I can't wait to see the G & D marquee

Manny2
#2re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 7:47pm

I heard that they were keeping a little bit of the graffitti on the green doors, and the alley in the back as well. Anybody know anything about that?

newyorkrbust
#3re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 7:51pm

I know they have a wall backstage somewhere where everyone that has ever been in RENT and JL and a bunch of other people have signed and written notes. I wonder if they will keep that?

It really said US Navy, but hey, I worked with what they gave me ok.

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#4re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 7:52pm

The green is GONE.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#5re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 7:54pm

I love that marquee!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

RentBoy86
#6re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 9:23pm

It's okay. I sort of like the "goth" feel of the old Nederlander sign, even if it was a bit small, but that's not bad either. I'll have to see it in comparison with the rest of the marquee.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#7re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 9:29pm

I know they have a wall backstage somewhere where everyone that has ever been in RENT and JL and a bunch of other people have signed and written notes.

Jonathan Larson died before the show opened off-Broadway, so unless he came back from the dead to sign, he never signed the wall at the Nederlander.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

lstbutifulgrl2
#8re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 9:45pm

there is still some green on the loading dock doors, but only because they have not painted the lower portion of the theater yet. from what i've been told the "wall" in the alley is still intact.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

jagfkb
#9re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 9:58pm

All of the Rent stuff has been either removed and preserved, or just thrown away. It's amazing how with other shows, people never care about small little things being taken down or away nonce it's closed. But with Rent, it should be preserved forever and never taken down! Honestly guys, it's show buisness, and currently, that new marquee looks great, an amazing improvement from the old, un Rentified one. Here's to the future, and never looking back!

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#10re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 10:08pm

It's a major improvement over the old marquee - with the small dimly lit red letters that were barely legible. And just about anything will be an improvement on the mishmash of styles that occurred under the old marquee, with its faux Tudor rows of lights, a couple of bent and broken displays cases, and the decades of whorehouse red paint covering the brick exterior.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 12/29/08 at 10:08 PM

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#11re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 11:20pm

I'm really liking the new marquee. I'm looking forward to seeing Guys and Dolls' logo up there.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#12re: The New Nederlander Theatre
Posted: 12/29/08 at 11:25pm

I can't really tell how good it will look without it being lit up or with a show logo in it.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris

Videos