Nine Movie Excitement Thread

esparza 333
#1Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 3:33pm

I Know there are many months to go but I can so excited for this. Rob Marshall directing sounds phenomenal after Chicago. He is just perfect for this kind of film. I know we have a whole year to go but you just dream of Oscars when all of the big roles are being played by oscar winning actors. I know some people are sad about Javier Bardem dropping out but I feel Daniel Day Lewis will be brilliant as he always is. This is in my opinion one of the best film casts in years and I am so pumped for this film.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#2re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 4:01pm

I WANT A TRAILER!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 4:02pm

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

....but the world goes 'round

singinsilly Profile Photo
singinsilly
#3re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 4:10pm

trailertrailertrailerninenineninecan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitwantNOW

HSM- it looks like someone took a shit on Footloose.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#4re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 4:29pm

Didn't everyone on here say that Antonio Banderas was too old for the part? Well he looks no older than Daniel Day Lewis!

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#5re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 5:12pm

I just love the fact that iw ill now star six Academy Award winning actors and an Academy Awarding nominated director.

Rob Marshall (nominated for Chicago, lost to Polanski)
Daniel Day-Lewis
Marion Cotillard
Penélope Cruz
Nicole Kidman
Judi Dench
Sophia Loren

...and of course

Fergie and Kate Hudson

God I'm excited for this.
Updated On: 2/23/09 at 05:12 PM

esparza 333
#6re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 5:35pm

Another amazing thing is that all the Oscar winners are international exports. It's so wonderful to see so many brilliant actors and actresses coming from all around the world and not only winning an oscar but starring in such a huge Hollywood motion picture. Just see

Daniel Day Lewis is from Ireland
Penelope Cruz is from Spain
Marion Cotillard is from France
Nicole Kidman is from Australia
Sophia Loren is from Italy
Dame Judi Dench is from England

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#7re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/23/09 at 5:52pm

At least Kate Hudson is an Oscar-nominated actress. I mean, it's a hell of a cast really. I hope they don't overhype it like they did with DREAMGIRLS and let it stand on its own. I really cannot wait. It opens Nov. 25! I'm beyond excited about it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

esparza 333
#8re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 7:13am

Okay I know this is stupid but as far as Oscars go for the women which roles will land oscar recognition do you think.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#9re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 12:17pm

Y'know it's funny - until I looked it up I had assumed Rob Marshall had won the Oscar, had to correct that. And until you said so, ray, I completely forgot that Hudson was nominated for an Oscar for Almost Famous. So wow that's a lot of talent.

being.jeremiah
#10re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 12:20pm

During awards season, I think they should campaign for all-or-nothing for all the women roles.

HAH. Just excitedexcitedexcitedexcitedexcitedexcitedexcited. (",)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#11re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 1:09pm

I forgot which of the film's producers already stated that NINE will be getting a huge campaign during awards season with a heavy Oscar push. Similiar to what was done with CHICAGO and DREAMGIRLS.

esparza 333
#12re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 1:45pm

Wasn't that Harvey Weinstein.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#13re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 1:48pm

While I have high hopes for this, I'm still disappointed that Daniel Day-Lewis was chosen. I would have MUCH preferred Robert Downey, Jr. I will get over it, but I'm not there yet.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#14re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/24/09 at 2:06pm

esparza- I'd expect Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, (and) or Judi Dench to be nominated, like their predecessors. That said, the film could be completely reworked and some other actresses might get moments to shine in the film that their characters did not get on stage.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#15re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/25/09 at 7:20pm

I kinda don't think that any actresses (nor the main actor) will get nominated simply because they have all won things recently and stuff like that.
However, we will just have to see how the translation to film is...I doubt we will see Sophia Loren actually singing "Nine"...but who knows.

laura is broadway Profile Photo
laura is broadway
#16re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/25/09 at 10:15pm

I'm so excited!

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#17re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/25/09 at 11:18pm

Mtvmann- I don't see your logic.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

#18re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 2/25/09 at 11:27pm

I want a trailer too!

esparza 333
#19re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 3/4/09 at 4:44pm

I can't wait to see Penelope's rendition of this song.
Call From The Vatican

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#20re: Nine Movie Excitement Thread
Posted: 3/4/09 at 4:48pm

Dammit, everytime I see a new post in this thread I keep expecting to find a trailer!

November 25th release date? I should think we'd be seeing a teaser trailer soon, or at the very least a poster!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Videos