pixeltracker

Green Day's "American Idiot" announced for Sept debut at Berkeley Rep- Page 4

Green Day's "American Idiot" announced for Sept debut at Berkeley Rep

lstbutifulgrl2
#75American Idiot
Posted: 7/22/09 at 3:08am

according to his facebook status, Matt Caplan is also a part of this production.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#76American Idiot
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:36am

Yeah, someone already mentioned that in this extremely awkward intro:

I heard Matt Caplan is one of the leads...he's married to Karen Olivo....he's an amazing singer/songwriter!

Not like Matt Caplan hasn't been on Broadway for 8 years now or anything- obviously he would only be known as Mr. Karen Olivo.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

lstbutifulgrl2
#77American Idiot
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:47am

^ thanks, must have missed that awkward intro. has Matt left SP yet? I still have not seen it and would like to.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life

broadwayhoofer Profile Photo
broadwayhoofer
#78American Idiot
Posted: 7/22/09 at 12:43pm

Updated On: 7/22/09 at 12:43 PM

gnosis404
#80American Idiot
Posted: 7/22/09 at 3:58pm

Love Alysha Umphress...literally.

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#81American Idiot
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:57pm

Updated On: 8/3/09 at 11:57 PM

Leia947
#80American Idiot
Posted: 7/23/09 at 3:05pm

Okay, so not a Greenday fan, but Declan Bennett, Theo Stockman and Matt Caplan? Where do I sign up? Transfer to Broadway please and keep all the principals!

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#81American Idiot
Posted: 7/24/09 at 12:16pm

FUSE was doing a green day special yesterday and they had an interview with them talking about the musical. i didn't get to watch all of it. they said that they really liked how it was coming along and that they used songs from all the albums and that after the workshop they'll probally do some re-writing. they also said that there wasn't much dialoge compared to song. i was never a huge fan of theirs but i do like their music and the group of actors so hopefully this comes to Bway!

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#82American Idiot
Posted: 7/24/09 at 5:04pm

I fully anticipate a clash of audiences, but it still sounds interesting. I wonder which songs from the new album they'll be integrating...

Were Caplan and Bennett involved with the workshop? Or are they replacing others?

lstbutifulgrl2
#83American Idiot
Posted: 7/24/09 at 5:21pm

I don't know about Matt but I know Declan was involved in the workshop.

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#84American Idiot
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:00pm

Mayer talks to a Poughkeepsie station about the rehearsal process:
Idiot at Vassar

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#85American Idiot
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:07pm

They are all en route to CA (or already there). Looking forward to hearing more.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#86American Idiot
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:43pm

The cast is incredible, and it's going to be a huge production. Very impressive design elements. I wish I could see it at Berkeley, just to see how they're going to pull off some of the stuff they want to do.

Both Tony Vincent and Michael Esper are also attached as leads.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

jrnelson90 Profile Photo
jrnelson90
#87American Idiot
Posted: 7/27/09 at 3:01pm

I have tickets to see this opening day on Sept. 4 and am way excited!

Just so you all have another resource, we over and the Green Day Community also have a long thread about this, I which I have found and update often a lot of info about this show, so maybe come join us? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=67157

So far, I have been able to confirm the following people in the cast:

- John Gallagher Jr. as Johnny (or Jesus of Suburbia)
- Tony Vincent as St. Jimmy
- Theo Stockman
- Gerard Canonico
- Alysha Umphress
- Brian Charles Johnson
- Mary Faber
- Declan Bennett

We also have list of the principle roles and are working hard to link names to roles:

Johnny: CAST. Early - late 20s. From suburbia, but desperate to leave it. Must have a great rock voice. Ability to play guitar preferable.

St. Jimmy: CAST. Early 20s - early 30s. Charismatic, urban and a bit dangerous. Must have a great rock voice.

Will: CAST. Early - late 20s. Forced to stay in suburbia and deal with obstacles in his life while all of his friends leave to find bigger and better things. Must have a great rock voice.

Tunny: CAST. Early - late 20s. Drawn to the military; gets sent off to the Middle East. Must have a great rock voice.

Whatsername: CAST. Early - late 20s. Alluring city girl. Must have a great rock voice.

Heather: CAST. Early - late 20s. Dealing with an unexpected circumstance in suburbia. Must have a great rock voice.

Extraordinary Girl: CAST. Mid - late 20s. Could easily be an object of one?s fantasies. Exotic and beautiful. Must have a great rock voice.

Updated On: 7/27/09 at 03:01 PM

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#88American Idiot
Posted: 7/27/09 at 4:03pm

Could be wrong, but I think Esper's playing Will.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#89American Idiot
Posted: 7/27/09 at 4:04pm

I honestly always felt that CD would translate well to the stage.

CYAPollyanna Profile Photo
CYAPollyanna
#90American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 11:15am

Sorry Skittles if that was awkward for you...

I was just sighting it as a point of reference because they're BOTH so talented, so it's cool that they are married.
Sorry I didn't sight all his credits. I never called him Mr. Karen Olivo....you did.

I also know that he is playing the role of Tunny in AI which he has played since the original reading and in the workshop. I also know that he turned down "Turn off the dark" to do AI.

Basically, I'm a huge fan of his....I happen to find him much more interesting as a performer than his possibly more famous spouse.

P.S. To JRNelson90...Rebecca Naomi Jones from Passing Strage is playing Whatsername. Michael Esper is Will and Mary Faber is Heather

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#91American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 11:30am

Did anyone else here see Green Day at the Garden last night or on Monday?

I can't wait to see this show if it transfers.

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#92American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 12:03pm

So I think that clears up most of the casting, then? Tony Vincent has definitely been confirmed as well.

I hope Esper gets a chance to play guitar too. He's extremely talented.

jrnelson90 Profile Photo
jrnelson90
#93American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:36pm

Thank you for the updates!

I can hardly wait to see this.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#94American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:40pm

some (all?) of the cast went over a few different days (Where were they right before MSG?) and I have a friend that was on the floor last night..but I havent heard from him yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#95American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:48pm

They were in Albany and Hartford over the weekend I think.

jrnelson90 Profile Photo
jrnelson90
#96American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 4:05pm

They all left this weekend, some stayed to see the Green Day concerts at Albany and Madison Square Gardens. They are all over in the Bay Area now, and started rehearsals at Berkeley Rep yesterday.

BTW CYAPollyanna, how were you able to find who everyone was cast as?

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#97American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 5:57pm

Yup, the majority stayed to see the concert in Albany.

Not sure what CYAPollyanna's source was, but I'll vouch for the accuracy. That's the lineup according to someone in the cast.

jrnelson90 Profile Photo
jrnelson90
#98American Idiot
Posted: 7/29/09 at 6:10pm

You two are taunting me, lol. The need to know can be annoying at times

Videos