pixeltracker

Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre- Page 3

Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#50re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/29/10 at 8:55pm

Yeah, it sounds like a fun family favor to me.

and I'll bet Audra isn't quite ready to let go of Lizzie just yet. I think somewhere I read or saw that she is, our of all her work, most proud of what she did in 110 in the Shade (and I should say so - she was absolutely incredible. I'll never forget that scene where she set up the picnic, and finding that File wasn't coming, putting it all away again.)

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#51re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/30/10 at 12:30am

I'm so incredibly jealous of anyone who gets to see this! I saw the show twice on Broadway and I adored it...Audra is perfection in the role.

Dsiggy15
#52re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/30/10 at 1:21am

Will and Audra have been going out for a while

AUtahFann
#53re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/30/10 at 2:18pm

thinton, thanks for your report. Where were your seats? I can't wait to go next week!

thinton
#54re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/30/10 at 3:51pm

I was in the corner on the second row in the "restricted viewing" seats. I didn't find the view restricted, though. Audra was still only a few feet away most of the time. Have fun at the show!
Updated On: 6/30/10 at 03:51 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/30/10 at 4:08pm

Are they using real water for the finale like they did on Broadway?

Jon18
#56re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/30/10 at 11:23pm

From what I've heard, they're not only using real water, they're using real flies!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#57re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/1/10 at 1:34am

I was being serious. I've seen a production where they just used a rain sound effect and it was a bit of a let down after reading about how it was done on Broadway.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#58re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/1/10 at 6:29am

Actually raining IN a theater is very expensive: because of the immenent water damage that will happen to the stage floor.

Additionally, what a great experience for the local actors and techies involved in the show!

I, too, am jealous!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

thinton
#59re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/1/10 at 1:10pm

Yes, they are using real water for the finale scene. It was a very cool effect, especially when the stage is so close to the audience. They used real flies as well. The flies buzzing around in the stage lights made it seem really authentic (and I'm not joking here).

Jon18
#60re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/7/10 at 12:07pm

Saw it last night. I did a full write up here: http://jon-low.blogspot.com/2010/07/simple-little-things.html

My gosh it was incredible. I've never felt an such an electric energy in one of our local theaters, or really in any theater come to think of it. This was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Will and Audra gave spectacular, but also very humble performances and the production is perhaps the best local production I've seen in here in Utah. Very talented cast across the board.

MrJNLong
#61re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/8/10 at 4:30am

Saw this tonight. Kind of amazing. Very strong supporting cast. It was so unique to experience Audra's gift in such an intimate way. Her acting was such an amazing thing to experience. Wow. Very cool. And I didn't even hate Will Swenson. re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre Oh, and yes there is real water in in the end. Very effective. Especially so up close and personal. The actor who played File didn't go on because his wife went into labor 20 minutes before curtain. So we saw his understudy go on for the first time on very short notice. But he did a great job as well. Audra seemes super excited for him at curtain call.
Great show. Y'all should fly in to see it. re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre

Luv2goToShows
#62re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/8/10 at 10:00am

Great write up Jon, show sounds amazing, so wish I could go.

AUtahFann
#63re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/10/10 at 12:52am

It's such an incredible show. I loved it.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#64re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 7/11/10 at 2:20am

I saw it this afternoon. My seat was on the front row, so close in fact that I had to move my legs when the actors came in so I wouldn't trip them. I got pretty wet when the rain came down too. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it. The caliber of performers on that tiny, tiny stage just a few feet from me, still giving themselves completely to the audience like that. What a gift. God bless them both.