News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thinton

Member Name: thinton
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Debating between Gatsby and Outsiders  Apr 16 2024, 02:16:07 PM

These are my two favorite shows of the season, and they couldn't be more different. I agree with what's been said on here: Gatsby is a lush spectacle and The Outsiders is an emotional rollercoaster.  All that said, The Outsiders is one of my favorite things I've ever seen on stage and is definitely my recommendation if you can only see one.  

April 2024 show suggestion  Dec 22 2023, 04:31:53 PM

I saw The Outsiders at La Jolla, and it is insanely good!

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Reviews  Dec 4 2023, 06:16:16 PM

Since both stars are above the title, it's possible to get an exchange or refund if one is out, correct?  Not sure if I should wait until closer to the performance to buy a ticket.  Especially if there's a guest star I'd especially like to see.  How early have they been teasing them?

British transfers?  Dec 4 2023, 05:48:25 PM

I agree with Jordan about Time Traveller's Wife.  It's an enjoyable show but not mind-blowing.  I may have actually enjoyed Backstairs Billy more.  I did like both of those more than Operation Mincemeat (although it was entertaining) and I'm curious to know how a transfer for OM would do.  No one has mentioned The Little Big Things.  There was no flying the night I saw it because of technical issues, but I thought it was a solid show with a great score.&nb

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting  Mar 16 2023, 04:36:26 PM

I agree with what's been said here.  Beautiful performances and costumes, and the set had its moments but was ultimately underwhelming.  The sound design was far too quiet and dry.  Rather than be immersed in the story and characters, I felt completely removed from them because I wasn't enveloped in the sound.  I got an assisted hearing device for Act II, but this still took me out of it.  It was very disappointing because I love the show and performers a

The Outsiders at La Jolla Playhouse  Mar 14 2023, 07:45:47 PM

I saw this the first performance after opening, and I agree with Alessio2.  I had no previous exposure to the source material and was blown away that this was one of my favorite theatrical experiences ever (and I see a lot of Broadway shows). The book and score were beautifully written and character driven.  The direction, choreography, and performances were absolutely world class, and the realistic set, stunning effects, and haunting lighting were incredibly impactful.  The sh

PARADISE SQUARE will release an original Broadway cast album  Feb 2 2023, 10:42:57 PM

How many more songs do we think were recorded but not shared by Jason Howland?  There are several remaining, but most are reprises or closely tied to the book.  Really hoping they were recorded as well and are on their way as they were some of my favorite numbers.  I loved the show and am grateful to have access to these.  There must be something that can be done to crowdfund the album and get Howland and the cast paid!  

Shucked to begin on Broadway at The Nederlander on March 8th 2023  Nov 14 2022, 12:25:21 PM

I saw it opening night at Pioneer Theatre Co., and it was really enjoyable. Looks like Taylor Trensch might not be transferring, unfortunately. Here are my review and interview with Robert Horn for a lot more details:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/salt-lake-city/article/Review-Pioneer-Theatre-Companys-Broadway-Bound-SHUCKED-Deserves-to-Be-a-Corn-Fed-Hit-20221031 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Interview-Tony-Winner-Robert-Horn-on-His-New-Broadway-Bound-Musical-SHUCKED-20221029 

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews  Nov 9 2022, 05:50:03 PM

There have been a couple mentions of language in this thread.  About how many f-words would you guess there are in the show?  Just trying to gauge whether I should take my kids.

Why did 'Shucked' at Nederlander change it's name from 'Hee Haw'  Nov 2 2022, 09:02:20 PM

It turns out that "Shucked" is actually a brand new piece that isn't connected to "Hee Haw."  I saw it opening night, and it was really enjoyable.  Here are my review and interview with Robert Horn for a lot more details:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/salt-lake-city/article/Review-Pioneer-Theatre-Companys-Broadway-Bound-SHUCKED-Deserves-to-Be-a-Corn-Fed-Hit-20221031

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Interview-Tony-Winner-Robert-Horn-on-His-New-Broadway-Bound-Musical-SHUCKED-20221029

Moulin rouge stage door  Jan 14 2020, 04:12:56 PM

I've stage doored at Moulin Rouge three times, and Aaron didn't come out any of the three, unfortunately.  Karen came out twice.  

Freestyle Love Supreme  Dec 23 2019, 03:48:46 PM

Daniel M said: "thinton said: "The age recommendation for this on the website is 14 and up. Is this because of language? How often is the f-word typically used in a show, for example? Just wondering if this is something I'd feel comfortable bringing my family to."

Last night at the 7pm show thef-word was used only a handful of times, and swear words themselves are usually just filler to get to a punchline or generic intensifiersand glossed over prett

Freestyle Love Supreme  Dec 23 2019, 01:53:44 PM

The age recommendation for this on the website is 14 and up.  Is this because of language?  How often is the f-word typically used in a show, for example?  Just wondering if this is something I'd feel comfortable bringing my family to.  

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread  Dec 1 2019, 12:12:44 PM

Has anyone seen A Christmas Carol from the balcony?  I know its steep, but I'm willing to brave it for the prices, especially in such a small house.  My big worry is that I won't be able to see what's happening on the thrust.  Can anyone share if the view of the thrust is obstructed from the balcony?  Which seats there would be ideal?  

Upcoming Waitress casting  Nov 4 2019, 08:58:38 PM

What are the chances of a discount code coming out for the last weeks with Katharine McPhee?  If there is one, how soon would the code be released?  Trying to decide if I should buy a ticket now or wait...

Best understudy you've ever seen?  Oct 2 2018, 04:01:41 PM

Alison Luff as Molly in Ghost.  Incredible!

FROZEN Replacement Contracts/Scheduled Absences  Aug 29 2018, 03:09:38 PM

I saw both Alyssa and Aisha last Tues.  It is crazy that Caissie was out the entire week of Patti's vacation.  Very disappointing, as she was also out when I saw Ghost.

PRINCE OF EGYPT will finally premiere!  Aug 29 2018, 12:03:25 AM

To get to Tuacahn from Las Vegas, it's an easy trip up 1-15 to St. George (where as has been mentioned, are a number of nice hotels) and then just 15 minutes up a major road to Tuacahn and its truly beautiful and unique red rock backdrop.  The show is worth traveling to see!

PRINCE OF EGYPT will finally premiere!  Aug 28 2018, 11:59:33 PM

The creative team made changes for this production and are continuing to work on the show moving forward, so it is not the frozen TW version.  There hasn't been a cast album announced, but fingers crossed...

PRINCE OF EGYPT will finally premiere!  Aug 28 2018, 02:25:34 PM

The new production at Tuacahn is incredible!  Both Stephen Schwartz and Phillip LaZebnik were involved in rehearsals, and it is the spectacle everyone was hoping for.  Here's my review and the newly released video highlights:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/salt-lake-city/article/BWW-Review-THE-PRINCE-OF-EGPYT-at-Tuacahn-is-a-Breathtaking-Gift-20180803

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/VIDEO-Get-A-First-Look-At-The-New-Production-Of-THE-PRINCE-OF-EGYPT-at-Tuacahn-Ampitheater-20180828

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You