News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

Pauly3
#150Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 11:34am

dadaguza said: "Other people died because of this!… comparing him to Hitler, get a grip! People sayingcrap like that is the reason this happened and yes, shame on anyone who is happy about it or saying too bad they missed. The side that preacheshow incitingpolitical violence is wrong and going on about January 6th ..blah blah. You’re just a bunch of hypocrites at this point and Trump has now secured my vote becauseof people like you."

Jay Lerner-Z then said: "Sound reasoning, sure. Vote for the most dangerous man in America because somebody on a message board annoyed you. People like you make me think twice about democracy. Should you even be allowed vote? Sadly, yes. It is what it is."

Jay Lerner-Z, it is your reasoning that isn't sound.  It is obvious dadaguaza believes over-the-top comments about Trump are absurd (e.g. anything related to Hitler).  With this understanding, again obvious, it is not difficult to then understand dadaguaza doesn't share your belief that Trump is the most dangerous man in America.

Allow the slightest bit of reasonableness, and it is also not difficult to understand dadaguaza's reasoning for voting from Trump is much more likely a "last straw" type of thing rather than the entire basis for his vote.

Pauly3
#151Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 11:56am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I have zero sympathy for Trump right now. Am I a bad person?

If you could go back to 1920s Berlin, would you shoot Hitler?
"

You (and others) are suggesting it is OK to shoot Trump because of what you perceive he has done and what you perceive he will do if elected president - and incorrectly equating the "justification" with what Hitler actually did.

Two entirely different situations.  One involves 20-20 hindsight - and implies defense of others being killed, which no one would disagree is indeed justified killing.  The other involves perception, NOT based on any credible evidence and therefore would be 1st degree murder.  Unjustified murder.

Saying or implying it is OK to shoot Trump is dangerous.  NOT perception.

Pauly3
#152Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 12:15pm

kdogg36 said: "I'm sure bad things will come out about Thomas Matthew Crooks, but for now I'm comfortable calling him a hero. He will be remembered and honored like the July 20 plotters are in Germany."

Regardless of how reasonable you are capable of demonstrating, you are entirely unreasonable when it comes to Trump.  So unreasonable, you spew crap WORSE than anything Trump has ever spewed.  You admire a murderer.  Not just an attempted assassin.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#153Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 12:34pm

How many deaths has Trump (indirectly) caused? How many will he cause in the future?

How many gay suicides? How many school shootings? How many racist assaults? Etc.

Elections have consequences, as they say - anybody who votes for the GOP is complicit.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Pauly3
#154Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 12:39pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "How many deaths has Trump (indirectly) caused? How many will he cause in the future?

How many gay suicides? How many school shootings? How many racist assaults? Etc.

Elections have consequences, as they say - anybody who votes for the GOP is complicit.
"

There are EXACTLY zero deaths Trump has caused, indirectly or otherwise - or will cause.  There is not one credible spec of evidence to suggest otherwise.

Jay Lerner-Z
#155Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 12:46pm

Not even the victims of the January 2021 insurrection?

Sure.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Pauly3
#156Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 12:51pm

Trump did not cause anyone to die on January 6, 2021 - and not on any other date.  To think otherwise is based on many emotional assertions rather than evidence.

Jay Lerner-Z
#157Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 12:56pm

Since when has Trump required evidence… for anything?

If evidence is a dealbreaker for voters like you, then Trump is NOT your man.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#158Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:06pm

So, the RNC HATE FEST begins. 

FOUR  MORE  YEARS FOR BIDEN/HARRIS ADMINISTRATION  !!  

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#159Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:07pm

I require evidence.  You don't.

Related to this argument, it is irrelevant whether Trump requires it or not.

Highland Guy
#160Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:14pm

Pauly3 said: "I require evidence. You don't.

Related to this argument, it is irrelevantwhether Trump requires it or not.
"

You support a convicted FELON?  Seriously?  You support a dictator-wannabe?  Seriously?  You support a thug who sexually assaults women?  Seriously?

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z
#161Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:16pm

The years 2016 to 2024 have given us all the evidence we need to come to the conclusion that Trump is a force for evil. I don’t know what else you need to be convinced. Open your eyes.

Pauly3
#162Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:23pm

Highland Guy said: "You support a convicted FELON? Seriously? You support a dictator-wannabe? Seriously? You support a thug who sexually assaults women? Seriously?"

I made no such argument of support for anything other than against murder.  Why is it difficult to argue against the argument made?  Or am I wrong and you are arguing that it is OK to murder convicted felons, even when convicted of felonies that are really misdemeanors?

Pauly3
#163Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:28pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "The years 2016 to 2024 have given us all the evidence we need to come to the conclusion that Trump is a force for evil. I don’t know what else you need to be convinced. Open your eyes."

The argument isn't about the simpleton and irrelevant belief that Trump is "generically" evil.  It is about whether there is evidence sufficient to justify killing Trump.  Why is it so difficult to stay on point?  And if it's because the point you have made was/is absurd, then the reasonable thing to do would be to concede you said something ridiculous and not instead move on to an argument that has not been made (by me).

Highland Guy
#164Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:28pm

The CONVICTED FELON is expected to announce his VP pick today.  Notice there are no females among the final three.

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#165Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:33pm

Pauly3 said: "Why is it so difficult to stay on point?"

Do you not understand that this is a Chat Room, always evolving?  We are not required to respond to your ridiculous right-wing propaganda.

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#166Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 1:57pm

Highland Guy said: "Do you not understand that this is a Chat Room, always evolving? We are not required to respond to your ridiculous right-wing propaganda."

I understand fine.  You quoted me and responded specifically to me.  I addressed the ridiculousness of your counter-argument. You don't seem to understand that.  You also don't understand that defending against murder isn't ridiculous and is also not right-wing propaganda.  Nothing I wrote was propaganda, right-wing or otherwise.  Your "evolving" argument is as empty as your last one.

Highland Guy
#167Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:18pm

Never mind.  Some other time, perhaps.   smiley

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/15/24 at 02:18 PM

Zeppie2022
#168Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:38pm

"You support a thug who sexually assaults women? Seriously?"

Bet you supported Bill Clinton. 

Zeppie2022
#169Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:40pm

"Notice there are no females among the final three."

So is there a new job requirement for VP that only females should apply?

Updated On: 7/15/24 at 02:40 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#170Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:50pm

No, but there is a requirement that women should at least be considered. I doubt they were.

Zeppie2022
#171Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:50pm

"The MAGAs showed no empathy for any school shootings but suddenly caring about one after all of these years. what a pile of garbage this is."

That is such total BS. There is not one person I have ever known that did not show empathy for school shootings. Millions of us have children who went to school and the thought that this could have happened to them sends chills up your spine. 

Highland Guy
#172Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:52pm

VP announcement scheduled for 1:30 p.m. ET, but scuttlebutt on cable news is that the choice is Vance.  No females in final contention from this convicted felon, but perhaps he will surprise us at the last minute.  Yeah, right.

Non sibi sed patriae

Zeppie2022
#173Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:56pm

"No, but there is a requirement that women should at least be considered. I doubt they were."

Wrong. Congresswoman Elise Stefanic and Governor Kristi Noem were mentioned as potential picks by trump at one time.

Jay Lerner-Z
#174Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 2:57pm

Pauly, I don’t recall going so far as to actually endorse murder. I probably would not be able to personally pull the trigger myself.

All I said was that I feel no sympathy whatsoever for Trump. I genuinely feel worse for the unfortunate snail I accidentally stepped on over the weekend.

Videos