News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#175Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:05pm

He'll pick his VP that's the furthest up his ass.

He also just promised to put Project 2025’s author, Tom Homan, in his Administration. Everyone needs to read Project 2025.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Pauly3
#176Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:06pm

Jay, While you haven't officially endorsed murder, you have made it abundantly clear you have no problem with someone else attempting to murder Trump - and you have made it crystal clear you believe there is good reason to take Trump out (i.e. Murder him).  That you might not be able to pull the trigger is irrelevant.  You're hiding from your own argument.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#177Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:13pm

Zeppie2022 said: ""His Project 2025 literally will have illegals put in detention camps. Like the MAGA base wouldn't be celebrating Biden's assassination if it happens tomorrow."

What does the term illegal mean to you? To me, it means you broke the law and you should be punished. Sorry, this country should not have to put you up in a Hilton when you cross the border illegally. You do not want to be in a "camp", don't come here illegally and lets have these people deported as soon as possible. I believe over 1 million people a year immigrate to the US legally, that seems enough to me.

Actually as much as the MAGA base annoys the hell out of me and ruined the chance of a nominee under 70, they do not believe in violence of their political opponents. If MAGA nuts were polled, they would vote to keep Biden in the race -lol.
"

The term “illegal” does not mean squat to me in terms of immigration. Humanity first. You forget that over the years, the ”legal” route into the country has been narrowed more and more. I have little respect for laws introduced purely to keep people in need out.

Anyone whose ancestors came to the US over a hundred years ago never had to deal with “legalities” or visa applications. Everybody was welcome. The American Dream was not just for a select few.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#178Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:15pm

Vance, it is.

Biden selected a remarkable female of color to be his VP.  In 2024, or any other year, that MATTERS.

The convicted felon selects another white dude.  

Non sibi sed patriae

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#179Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:21pm

Vance is on record calling #45 "America's Hitler" and fully supports Project 2025. Vance supports defunding Social Security and Medicare. This ticket is openly anti-Ukraine, anti-NATO, and for a weaker and isolated America. Vance also trashed #45 just months ago on Faux News saying that "any American would have to be an “idiot” to vote for him"

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jay Lerner-Z
#180Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:23pm

Exactly when, and why, did JD Vance sell his soul?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Highland Guy
#181Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:26pm

And now, the convicted felon has enough votes to become the official Republican nominee for President of the United States.

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#182Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:40pm

And push back against 'Trump Derangement Syndrome" may be why Trump is the nominee.  At least in part.

Highland Guy
#183Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 3:55pm

The arena where the RNC is being held is very colorful with all the red, white and blue flags and bunting and hats and such.  

But it's not enough to mask the true hate and bigotry and nastiness that lurks within.  

The world shudders.

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z
#184Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 4:06pm

It sickens me how the GOP have hijacked the American flag to act as a symbol of white supremacy.

The exact opposite of what it should mean.

Jay Lerner-Z
#185Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 4:37pm

Is this  Ron Howard's fault? :(

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#186Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/15/24 at 6:55pm

Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please

Jay Lerner-Z
#187Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/16/24 at 2:11pm

Anybody watch the Lester Holt interview?

Joe did okay, mostly. I think he is mentally competent, it’s his physical health that concerns me.

Updated On: 7/16/24 at 02:11 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#188Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/17/24 at 1:54pm

Just got an email from the President telling me that Elon Musk will now be donating $45 million per month to the Trump campaign.

Is that even legal?

Highland Guy
#189Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/17/24 at 6:09pm

Joe Biden has tested positive for COVID.  Get well soon, Mr. President.

Non sibi sed patriae

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#190Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 7:22am

Highland Guy said: "Joe Biden has tested positive for COVID. Get well soon, Mr. President."

saw a report he still flew to Las Vegas last night to campaign this weekend. Not sure if its true or not. As us Broadway folks know, COVID surge is happening now based on the amount of u/s and swings on that past few weeks.

dadaguza
#191Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 5:39pm

Pauly3 said: "dadaguza said: "Other people died because of this!… comparing him to Hitler, get a grip! People sayingcrap like that is the reason this happened and yes, shame on anyone who is happy about it or saying too bad they missed. The side that preacheshow incitingpolitical violence is wrong and going on about January 6th ..blah blah. You’re just a bunch of hypocrites at this point and Trump has now secured my vote becauseof people like you."

Jay Lerner-Z then said: "Sound reasoning, sure. Vote for the most dangerous man in America because somebody on a message board annoyed you. People like you make me think twice about democracy. Should you even be allowed vote? Sadly, yes. It is what it is."

Jay Lerner-Z, it is your reasoning that isn't sound. It is obviousdadaguaza believes over-the-top comments about Trump are absurd (e.g. anything related to Hitler). With this understanding, again obvious, it is not difficult to then understand dadaguaza doesn't share your belief that Trump is the most dangerous man in America.

Allow the slightest bit of reasonableness, and it is also not difficult to understand dadaguaza's reasoning for voting from Trump is much more likely a "last straw" type of thing rather than the entire basis for his vote.
"

Took a break from reading these boards for a few days, but wanted to sign in just to say thank you  Pauly smiley

Jay Lerner-Z
#192Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 5:49pm

Trump: “I will be a dictator from day one!"

Dadaguza: “It’s absurd to compare him to Hitler!”

dadaguza
#193Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 6:59pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Trump: “I will be a dictator only on day one!"

Dadaguza: “It’s absurd to compare him to Hitler!”
"

Yep. It is. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#194Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 7:18pm

What’s absurd is you even considering voting for this evil monster.

Highland Guy
#195Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 7:39pm

Shameful that anyone would willingly support a convicted felon and wannabe dictator as President of our United States. 

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/18/24 at 07:39 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#196Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 7:49pm

With all the news tonight on how Biden is being thoroughly encouraged to step down, it would seem to be impossible for him to run. We're happy here.

Stephanatic

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#197Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 8:14pm

South Florida said: "With all the news tonight on how Biden is being thoroughly encouraged to step down, it would seem to be impossible for him to run. We're happy here."

Do the Dems go with Harris or someone else?

Jay Lerner-Z
#198Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 8:21pm

Sickening scenes coming from Milwaukee right now.

Highland Guy
#199Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/18/24 at 8:36pm

ACL2006 said: "South Florida said: "With all the news tonight on how Biden is being thoroughly encouraged to step down, it would seem to be impossible for him to run. We're happy here."

Do the Dems go with Harris or someone else?
"

We're not happy here.  But, should President Biden choose to step away, he can do so knowing that he has devoted the entirety of his life to public service, and we can all thank him for that..

I would, of course, support the new Democratic nominee.  I assume that would be current Vice President Harris, but the selection process seems a bit......involved..  

Non sibi sed patriae

Videos