News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

Zeppie2022
#125Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 9:55pm

"​​​​​​I don't find ANYTHING funny about political violence."

You are correct, bad term to use in this context and my apologies. 

Zeppie2022
#126Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 10:03pm

"His Project 2025 literally will have illegals put in detention camps. Like the MAGA base wouldn't be celebrating Biden's assassination if it happens tomorrow."

What does the term illegal mean to you? To me, it means you broke the law and you should be punished. Sorry, this country should not have to put you up in a Hilton when you cross the border illegally. You do not want to be in a "camp", don't come here illegally and lets have these people deported as soon as possible. I believe over 1 million people a year immigrate to the US legally, that seems enough to me.

Actually as much as the MAGA base annoys the hell out of me and ruined the chance of a nominee under 70, they do not believe in violence of their political opponents. If MAGA nuts were polled, they would vote to keep Biden in the race -lol.

Zeppie2022
#127Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 10:10pm

"Why did they (secret service) let him stand up right away? Why was the event not immediately shut down? Why was the crowd not scrambling for cover?"

Why don't you ask the pundits from CNN or MSNBC to find you some answers -lol

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#128Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 10:26pm

Zeppie2022 said: ""Why did they (secret service) let him stand up right away? Why was the event not immediately shut down? Why was the crowd not scrambling for cover?"

Why don't you ask the pundits from CNN or MSNBC to find you some answers -lol
"

Any cable news ain't news. It's all a bunch of opinions and pointing blame.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#129Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 10:36pm

When right-wing scum tried to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, Republicans made excuses. 

When a lunatic beat Paul Pelosi with a hammer, they made jokes. 

And when Trump sent a mob to attack the Capitol, they made up lies. 

Don’t lecture us about condemning violence.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

fosterfan2
#130Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 11:01pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I have zero sympathy for Trump right now. Am I a bad person?

If you could go back to 1920s Berlin, would you shoot Hitler?
"

My sister got really pissed at me when I said something similar. I can certainly see her point,but I also think it's a little sad that the only person who understands what's at stake right now it is a stranger a message board. (No offense,btw) Updated On: 7/13/24 at 11:01 PM

Zeppie2022
#131Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 11:08pm

"When a lunatic beat Paul Pelosi with a hammer, they made jokes."

You really need to look at some of the vile comments on X tonight about the shooting and get back to me.

"Don’t lecture us about condemning violence"

I did not lecture anyone about condemning violence. Jay Lerner-Z asked if he was bad person for not having sympathy for Trump and I answered him. I actually praised Joe Biden for stepping up tonight and condemning violence and wishing the Trump family well. Guess you overlooked that part of my post -lol

"And when Trump sent a mob to attack the Capitol, they made up lies. "

Really. It is not hard go to youtube. You can find clips of people on Jan 5th saying they were going to march on the Capitol the next day which was before Trump's speech. Trump said in his speech to go to the Capitol and protest peacefully, that does not sound like mob attack. I would be the first one to admit Trump was a freaking egomaniac fool for having a rally that day. It did not take a genius to know there was possibility of something bad happening. I

Zeppie2022
#132Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/13/24 at 11:19pm

"but I also think it's a little sad that the only person who understands what's at stake right now it is a stranger a message board."

What is at stake is the current POTUS is senile and the media "turned a blind eye" to it for years. Now when the debate exposed Biden, the media acted shocked -lol. Tonight you had a person try to kill former POTUS and Republican nominee in 2024. In other words, this act was trying to undermine the 2024 election. What really was at stake was months ago when Republicans stupidly nominated Trump again when they had IMO better choices. Also Biden showed his problems to anybody who actually tried to pay attention long time ago, that was the time to address a different nominee.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#133Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 8:05am

Zeppie, I compared him to 1920s Hitler. Anyone who knows their history can surely see the parallels. A pivotal moment in time where crisis could have been averted. Before Hitler threw democracy in the trash can and appointed himself dictator. Three Supreme Court justices can see my point, I'm sure.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#134Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 9:09am

The shooter was a 20-year old white male, a registered Republican and a member of the NRA. The rally was held in Pennsylvania, an open carry state, and bags and backpacks were not being checked at the rally. The MAGA crazies were blaming liberals last night when they need to point the finger at their own for once.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#135Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 10:03am

ACL2006 said: "The shooter was a 20-year old white male, a registered Republican and a member of the NRA. The rally was held in Pennsylvania, an open carry state, and bags and backpacks were not being checked at the rally. The MAGA crazies were blaming liberals last night when they need to point the finger at their own for once."

He was also an Act Blue donor. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#136Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 10:37am

I see the Assassins thread over on the main board has been deleted. This is just a test post to see if I've been banned... again. Hopefully not.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#137Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 11:28am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I have zero sympathy for Trump right now. Am I a bad person?

If you could go back to 1920s Berlin, would you shoot Hitler?
"

No, you're not a bad person and yes, I would shoot Hitler. I'm sure bad things will come out about Thomas Matthew Crooks, but for now I'm comfortable calling him a hero. He will be remembered and honored like the July 20 plotters are in Germany.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#138Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 11:56am

details are coming out about the attempted assassination. A piece of glass grazed his ear, not the bullet. Where did the glass come from? A teleprompter, but none were shown to have any damage once the event was cleared out. Why is Jr. already marketing merchandise with his mug shot and the phrase "they missed"?

The MAGAs showed no empathy for any school shootings but suddenly caring about one after all of these years. what a pile of garbage this is.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#139Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 12:26pm

Also, why was the secret service delayed in shielding him and why did they let him standup with his fist in the air shouting "FIGHT!"? Why was nobody running for cover?

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#140Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 12:54pm

UPDATE:

Sorry,  Posted wrong time.  President Biden speaks from the White House today at 1:30 p.m. ET

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/14/24 at 12:54 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#141Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 1:28pm

ErikJ972 said: "ACL2006 said: "The shooter was a 20-year old white male, a registered Republican and a member of the NRA. The rally was held in Pennsylvania, an open carry state, and bags and backpacks were not being checked at the rally. The MAGA crazies were blaming liberals last night when they need to point the finger at their own for once."

He was also an Act Blue donor.
"

Yep, which could throw a twist into this. People on the right have been pointing out that Dems were switching parties to get Nikki Haley in. I don't know how true that is but they are already spinning this.

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#142Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 2:10pm

The media reported on the wrong guy. Thomas Crooks, who donated 15 bucks to Act Blue, is a 69-year-old Democrat who lives in Pittsburgh and just happens to have the same name as the Republican who shot Trump.

The Thomas Crooks involved in the assassination attempt has no ties to Act Blue. But has donated to the NRA.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#143Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 3:06pm

Highland Guy said: "President Biden is scheduled to speak again tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET, this time from the Oval Office"

Imagine if the reverse happened and Obama was shot at during #45's term. He wouldn't dare make one kind word or any positive statements. It would and will always be about him.

Jay Lerner-Z
#144Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 3:19pm

It is within Biden’s power to have Trump legally murdered. For the good of the nation. Maybe he will give the order live on air tonight.

Unlikely, but theoretically possible. Frightening, really.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#145Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 3:33pm

Highland Guy said: "President Biden is scheduled to speak again tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET, this time from the Oval Office"

Honestly, I think Biden's statement yesterday was enough. He should just let the FBI do their job at this point. And honestly, I just don't want him to possibly make another public gaffe during all of this. He scared me yesterday when he said he had his opinion on this. Just let the investigation happen and then maybe make another statement. Just my opinion.

Updated On: 7/14/24 at 03:33 PM

Highland Guy
#146Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 3:51pm

uncageg said: "Highland Guy said: "President Biden is scheduled to speak again tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET, this time from the Oval Office"

Honestly, I think Biden's statement yesterday was enough. He should just let the FBI do their job at this point. And honestly, I just don't want him to possibly make another public gaffe during all of this. He scared me yesterday when he said he had his opinion on this. Just let the investigation happen and then maybe make another statement. Just my opinion
"

Biden is our President.  He is doing what the American public elected him to do, and he's doing it well.  This is not the time (nor is there any time) for him to retreat into the shadows.  

Non sibi sed patriae

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#147Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 3:56pm

Highland Guy said: "uncageg said: "Highland Guy said: "President Biden is scheduled to speak again tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET, this time from the Oval Office"

Honestly, I think Biden's statement yesterday was enough. He should just let the FBI do their job at this point. And honestly, I just don't want him to possibly make another public gaffe during all of this. He scared me yesterday when he said he had his opinion on this. Just let the investigation happen and then maybe make another statement. Just my opinion
"

Biden is our President. He is doing what the American public elected him to do, and he's doing it well. This is not the time (nor is there any time) for him to retreat into the shadows."

Yes, I totally understand that but in this political climate it just, to me, feels like what should happen. But it is a double edged sword. If he did what I suggested then the media would be all over him for not making public statements.

Also, does anyone have a link to the information about the information on the shooter getting mixed up? I can't find anything and I am just staying away from TV News until this evening.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#148Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 4:17pm

So nice to see #45 golfing today considering the terrible event that happened to him yesterday... What a f*cking TOOL!!

Highland Guy
#149Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/14/24 at 9:17pm

My focus since before last night's event has not changed.  I am a proud Queer American Veteran who will not abandon my Democratic Party for any reason.  And after listening to President Biden's impassioned address to the nation this evening, I remain convinced that for the safety and future of our country, we must return the Biden/Harris Administration to FOUR  MORE  YEARS  !!

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/14/24 at 09:17 PM

Videos