News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 43

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1050Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 7:47am

Hmm, way less Wednesday tickets now and noticing this new price point for Thursday, essentially half-price from the $400 they cost earlier in the week. Wonder if that is how they also dumped a lot of the Wednesdays in the same areas? So yeah, looks like Madonna will sell this venue out! Madonna bitch

FindingNamo
#1051Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 8:34am

Congratulations Madonna on filling those seats by any means necessary!  Oh wait, maybe they leaked. 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#1052Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 9:16am

Lol conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy, hilarious. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

FindingNamo
#1053Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 9:44am

It's not a conspiracy.  It's optics.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1054Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 9:54am

Maybe the Madonna blogs meant only seats at nosebleed prices were still available? Then everything would line up...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1055Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 10:27am

Nice to see that this is a big moment for Amy...

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1056Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:15pm

Any idea when Amy will actually go on? Says be there at 8. Is that when she starts or when Madonna starts? 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1057Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:15pm

Any idea when Amy will actually go on? Says be there at 8. Is that when she starts or when Madonna starts? 

FindingNamo
#1058Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:50pm

You're sweet to wonder if Madonna gets on at 8.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1059Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 3:09pm

Well I saw Kelly Clarkson at Radio CIty and we got there around 7 and missed most of the opening acts, so just trying to get the FULL experience this time.

ArtMan
#1060Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 4:46pm

The opening act should start on or after the time on the ticket.  Ripped Man, if Kelly's opening acts started before the time printed on the ticket, then I'd would have had a talk with the venue manager.  Look at your Kelly ticket stub to see the time.  I would suspect it stated 6:00 -6:30.  I have been  to only one concert where the opening acts started before the time printed on the ticket.  I was sent an email, that the starting times had changed to earlier.  But I knew that in advance.

Updated On: 9/16/15 at 04:46 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1061Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 4:56pm

MSG is usually good about warning people when things are starting right on time, or later, and this is their tweet for tonight, so I'd expect Amy on shortly after 8... probably 8:15-8:20. Madge has been going on at 9:30 and that time probably won't change, but you never know...

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1062Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 5:48pm

Thanks! I'll shoot for 7:30ish. 

Regarding Radio City, I think you're right. I probably didn't read the directions, ha. 

songanddanceman2
#1063Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 6:20pm

And tonight's show has now sold out. Enjoy and hope you have fun.

FindingNamo
#1064Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 6:22pm

The seats have been filled, thanks seat fillers for helpin' a gal out!!

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#1065Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 7:09pm

Have a great time tonight RippedMan and let us know how it was. I'm seeing her next week and can't wait!!!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1066Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 8:19pm

Just got a text from a friend asking if I want to join them, since their friend couldn't find anyone to buy their tickets... so she is just giving them away. But they asked me AFTER I would already miss Amy, so I had to decline. I also told them to stop texting people and get their ass inside they're missing the best part...

FindingNamo
#1067Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 8:33pm

That's how a  LOT of the seats were filled.  BELIEVE ME.

songanddanceman2
#1068Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 10:32pm

Nano you really are a grade A idiot. Believe you, why? How did she sell out Montreal and Washington on this tour? She didn't have Amy then. You need to let it go, the tour is a success, dates are still been added. You are starting to sound like a crazy person.

FindingNamo
#1069Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 10:43pm

Gurl.  I told you how night two of the Reinvention Tour "sold out" in Worcester Mass.  Same thing now.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1070Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 10:49pm

songanddanceman2 said: "How did she sell out Montreal and Washington on this tour? She didn't have Amy then."

By reducing the ticket price until she hit a price point where people thought it had value to buy them?!

I don't think Amy Schumer is helping move NYC tickets, just like a $400 ticket elsewhere probably didn't sway a Diplo fan.

Updated On: 9/16/15 at 10:49 PM

FindingNamo
#1071Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 11:04pm

Another strategy:  Buy back the tickets, donate them to a 501(c) non-profit organization, take an in-kind donation tax write off, give the tickets to workers and clients of said organization, fill the unsold seats with grateful recipients who are probably even more eager to enjoy themselves than the people who paid for $400 seats right next to theirs.  I know, because it happened to people I know!!!!!!  

There's nothing wrong with it.  It's win-win for the artist, especially the artist with fans for whom having a "sell out" show is for some reason a reflection on them and their taste or something.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1072Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 11:19pm

My friends are being good about their gifted tickets, though. Posting pics on Facebook and talking like they are the biggest Madonna fans... so the follow-through is spot-on.

FindingNamo
#1073Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/16/15 at 11:22pm

It's a symbiotic relationship.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1074Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:22am

So, as I've sated, not a huge Madonna. Not for any reason, she's just not my Diva of choice (Our Lord and Savior: Kelly Clarkson). But I was super pumped to go. 

Amy Schumer killed it. She did quite a long set. She said "My time is up, but if it's cool, I'll stick around a bit longer since Madonna won't be on for awhile." And so she did almost an hour. She was hilarious and you could tell she was super excited to be there. And she announced she's playing the Garden in June. 

Madonna: First, I'm a HUGE tech geek. I love sets and design and all that. So I was just astounded by the sheer technical aspect of the show. So many trap doors and flying objects, etc. She comes in a big cage from the ceiling. It's all so overblown and epic. I loved it! The tone of the show was just fun. Music sounded great, etc. She was def. singing to a track for the dance numbers, but damn she went all out. She's 57 and she was killing it. There are stripper nuns. There is a big steel staircase that ascends from the ceiling. There's a huge video platform that does all sorts of tricks. She did a lot of acoustics sets. I didn't know she played the guitar, but she played the electric guitar, acoustic, and the ukulele. And on those numbers, to me, it sounded like she was singing live and she sounded great. She was a little awkward with her banter, but hell, maybe she was nervous. I was surprised to find she didn't really acknowledge the band or the back up singers. Or even introduce the dancers or anything. Maybe that's a little passe, but I figured she'd have a number where the back-up singers got to sing. They did a few numbers with just the dancers while a video played on the screen and pre-recorded track played. Which sounds lame, but those were honestly some of the best numbers. Really, really well done. 

My only quibble was, as a newbie, not hearing the classics "as is." They were all sort of new arrangements, which I guess most of the people there were die hard fans, so maybe that was fun for them to hear? I didn't hate it. She did an acoustic "Who's That Girl" that was quite pretty. And the ending felt a little "Oh, now we're done." Like, usually, you'd end the show. The lights would go to black. The crowd would scream, and then the singer would come out and do like one or two songs. But there really wasn't a true sense of "oh this an encore." She ends the show by flying out and saying "Thanks, it's been great." 

Oh! And the highlight of the evening to me was during Unapologetic Bitch, Amy Schumer came out and Madonna bent her over, ass out, and spanked her and humped her - much like the guy in Montreal? - and then Amy did this super cute/awkward/hilarious dance with the backup dancers. It was a highlight for sure. 

Videos