News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 44

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1075Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:27am

A video posted by perezhilton (@perezhilton) on

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1076Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:55am

Also, for what it's worth, it looked sold-out to me. Is there Standing Room at MSG? I was in the 200s, and there seemed to be a lot of people standing along the railing in the back? I loved my seat. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1077Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:58am

RippedMan said: "Also, for what it's worth, it looked sold-out to me."

No one ever said all the seats wouldn't have people in them by the time Madonna took to the stage.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1078Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 2:39am

I don't really care about any of that. I mean, if they want the house to look sold-out, then by all means do it? I don't care. I'm still happy I went. Also there: Jennifer Lopez, Andy Cohen, Kelly Rippa, Chris Brown, Ariana Grande. 

I was surprised at how many people left throughout it. I guess it went on a bit long, and it started late? 

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 02:39 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1079Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 3:22am

RippedMan said: "I don't really care about any of that. I mean, if they want the house to look sold-out, then by all means do it? I don't care."

OK, but that bit you don't care about is the whole context for the "sold out" discussion in here, heh.

RippedMan said: "I was surprised at how many people left throughout it. I guess it went on a bit long, and it started late?"

I'm not sure how that works. I would expect Madonna to go on between 9:15 ad 9:30 and end right before 11.  But at shows anymore, people are seemingly shocked when things aren't starting "on time."

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#1080Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 6:48am

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

songanddanceman2
#1081Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 6:52am

She seems to be going on about 9.30pm, the show is 2 hours so I'm sure that's causing people a few issues transportation wise, I wish she would get on earlier.

glad you enjoyed the show RippedMan.

first reviews are out for NY and they loved it.

The Gaurdian - 5 stars

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/17/madonna-at-madison-square-garden-review-rebel-heart-tour-no-other-performer-like-her

Billboard - 4 stars

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/140249

Newsday loved both ladies 

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/amy-schumer-brings-laughs-to-madonna-s-rebel-heart-tour-at-madison-square-garden-1.10853713

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 06:52 AM

FindingNamo
#1082Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 8:38am

"I guess it went on a bit long..."

Or, like you, some maybe wanted to hear the hits sounding like the hits and decided to cut their losses?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#1083Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 8:38am

I was there last night too and had a great time.

It's a fun, upbeat show throughout. Gone are the bizarre "dark" sections and there's no heavy handed political statements. One of the highlights for me was Like a Virgin. I also l liked the "Day of the dead" section much more than I thought I would. The reworked greatest hits medley is lots of fun and comes off much better live than it does in a few of the cell phone clips I've seen. I never thought I would be a fan of Madonna sitting on stage with a ukulele but those songs were some of the best of the show. I also loved the whole flapper section. And Amy Schumer was hilarious. I was going to sit this tour out, but after last night I'm glad I didn't.

Also....looks like she has stopped turning the AC off. I was up and dancing the full two hours and didn't even break a sweat.

And Artman...to answer your question she uses the extended catwalk a lot. Whole sections of the show are performed on it.

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 08:38 AM

songanddanceman2
#1084Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 8:51am

Glad you had fun.

Namo you are cracking me up, you are like a little pit bull desperate to be heard haha. She plays way more hits on this tour then ever before so give it a rest. The tour, attendance and reviews are fantastic. Sit yourself down and wait till the next tour to predict her doom, you never know, you might get it right one day.

another review

http://popcrush.com/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-new-york-city-review-amy-schumer/

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 08:51 AM

FindingNamo
#1085Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 8:52am

"Namo you are cracking me up..."

I think you've got it!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#1086Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 9:11am

From the PopCrush review:

" At one point, she spotted a man in the crowd with a 1985 Virgin Tour tee. “Were you there?!” she delightfully shrieked, pausing the show to kneel down and grasp his hand and thank him. "

Awwww!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1087Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 11:04am

songanddanceman2 said: "The tour, attendance and reviews are fantastic."

I'm glad we're calling it attendance now, rather than saying she sold these venues out. Much more accurate...

Also, though, you do realize the critical concert review is sort of a fictional thing you created? It almost never exists. You give someone great seats to an expensive show, and all they are meant to do it write what happened from a pretty neutral perspective. She did this many songs, went on for this long, the crowd seemed to like it, etc., etc. When I was a newspaper reporter, we would fight over who got the review tickets to certain shows, hehe. Album reviews are where people feel like they are meant to weigh in and examine the material...

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#1088Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 11:25am

haterobics said: "songanddanceman2 said: "The tour, attendance and reviews are fantastic."

I'm glad we're calling it attendance now, rather than saying she sold these venues out. Much more accurate...

Also, though, you do realize the critical concert review is sort of a fictional thing you created? It almost never exists. You give someone great seats to an expensive show, and all they are meant to do it write what happened from a pretty neutral perspective. She did this many songs, went on for this long, the crowd seemed to like it, etc., etc. When I was a newspaper reporter, we would fight over who got the review tickets to certain shows, hehe. Album reviews are where people feel like they are meant to weigh in and examine the material..."

I have read plenty of bad concert reviews. Some of them for Madonna!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1089Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 11:52am

ErikJ972 said: "I have read plenty of bad concert reviews. Some of them for Madonna!"

I'm not saying they don't exist, but it's like 1 for every 100, usually with the reviewer making it about themselves in the process or reviewing the show they thought it should be rather than what was presented onstage.

songanddanceman2
#1090Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:22pm

What are you talking about? As well as a playwright and director I work as a critic here in the UK, we don't just give something a good review because we got great tickets, that's the most stupid thing I have ever heard, you are sounding like Namo, and he's nuts.

Plenty of concerts get bad reviews, I've read them for Madonna concerts so please don't talk nonsense. And sorry I will stick to sold out because the tickets sold, again like Montreal a large queue formed yesterday for last minute people buying seats. Honestly this odd trying to bash her for everything is so bizzare, let her have her damn success and her fans to enjoy it. I expect it from Namo because he's as crazy as you can get.

FindingNamo
#1091Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:32pm

I'm not nuts.  I've received review tickets and published plenty of reviews in my day (please note, Liam's Armband).  But nowadays there aren't very many real reviews.  Just chat about what the person who gets the free seats saw happening around them.  That's why there's so many "She's still got it!" reviews.

Liza's Headband
#1092Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:34pm

I've received review tickets and published plenty of reviews in my day

Yes. Yes, you have. Although you've been fairly quiet in recent weeks... Guess you're exclusively on about.com now? Corporate sellout. 

FindingNamo
#1093Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:54pm

Actual criticism is pretty much a thing of the past. Most reviews of everything nowadays are chatty little advertorial puff pieces 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1094Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:22pm

ArtMan: To answer your question, she uses the whole space pretty well. There's a huge video screen that moves and big set pieces that get rolled onto the big main stage. Then halfway down - the middle of the "cross" is a big circle platform that she uses quite often, like when she plays the ukulele. And then further down, at the 'tip' that is heart shaped, she uses for a few acoustic songs. And that's where the staircase flies onto. I think, judging from what you said, that sounds like an awesome seat. I wouldn't want to be right up front, as a lot happens on the catwalk, but I think I'd wanna be somewhere near the Cross section of the catwalk. 

songanddanceman2
#1095Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:33pm

Oh come off it Namo, if she would have recieved bad reviews you would have gone on about them for years to come in here, the critics would have mattered then.  Bottom line she has won over audiences and critics with this tour receiving some of the best notices for one of her tours in a long time. Deal with it.

another great review 

http://m.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/madonna-concert-review-pop-icon-takes-manhattan-with-nyc-tour-stop-2015179

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/17/madonna-rebel-heart-review

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 01:33 PM

FindingNamo
#1096Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:40pm

You're much better than me at keeping up with the various blogs like Holy Cow I Saw A Show.com and the like.

FindingNamo
#1097Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:45pm

Yes. Yes, you have. Although you've been fairly quiet in recent weeks... Guess you're exclusively on about.com now? Corporate sellout. 

Oh you white boys can't control it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-314lnkj3c

songanddanceman2
#1098Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:48pm

You mean blogs such as The Gaurdian, US, Entertainment Weekly, Newsday etc? You really are starting to come a cross desperate and catty again, it's not a good look on an adult. 

Here is another  silly blog review for you Namo, Rolling Stone http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bitch-shes-madonna-nyc-stop-showcases-genius-of-rebel-heart-tour-20150917

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#1099Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:48pm

And another from Rolling Stone:

Bitch, She's Madonna: NYC Stop Showcases Genius of Rebel Heart Tour

"You know what they say — it's lonely at the top," Madonna told the crowd near the end of her New York show last night. "But it ain't crowded!" And on the second U.S. show of her hotly awaited new Rebel Heart tour, Our Lady spent three hours proving what a goddess she is, not to mention what an Unapologetic Bitch. Damn right it's not crowded, because there's nobody else near her throne. The whole night was a tour of everything only Madonna can do. She's not the same. She has no shame. She's on fire.

She hasn't reached so far onstage, musically or emotionally, since her 2001 Drowned World extravaganza. Her last couple of tours had spectacular performances, but dodgy set lists. This time Madonna has much stronger new songs to play with, from Rebel Heart — and she brilliantly revamps the hits. She played a Flying V for a punked-out "Burning Up," dropping to her knees for her guitar solo — the first time she played Madison Square Garden, 30 years ago, she got on her knees in front of the male guitarist while he played a solo, and don't think she doesn't remember these things."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bitch-shes-madonna-nyc-stop-showcases-genius-of-rebel-heart-tour-20150917#ixzz3m1FqmaHq 
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Videos