News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07- Page 3

BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#50re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 2:12pm

They use Polaroid so the celebrity can either sign the bottom of it immediately or, what they started doing recently, is putting it in paper frames that the celebrity signs for you.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#51re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 2:18pm

I heard there's also some big auction at this event- is there? And if so what type of stuff is auctioned?

ashley0139
#52re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 2:37pm

From the BC/EFA website:
The highlight of the Flea Market is the Grand Auction, in which singular items and opportunities such as walk-on roles in Broadway shows, television programs and films are available to the highest bidder.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#53re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 3:59pm

Thank you!

One other question: anyone ever volunteered there? How was that? How do you sign up to volunteer?

misschung
#54re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:20pm

I'm getting really excited for this!

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Rymes_With_Witch Profile Photo
Rymes_With_Witch
#55re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:28pm

I worked a table at the Flea Market last year, which mostly had stuff donated by Cameron Mackintosh (one of the organizers of the booth works for him). I volunteered through a theater company I'm involved with...I don't know how you'd do it normally, since I don't know what the requirements are to have a table there. It was great fun though. Bebe Newirth spent some time at the table next to ours; I just kept glancing over at her in awe, lol. Quite a few actors actually sat at the tables; especially those belonging to running shows, like Hairspray and Avenue Q. A lot of the understudies were there and it was cool to get to talk to them.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#56re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:43pm

I'll definately be in attendance for the market, as will C is for Company.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#57re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:43pm

I'll definately be in attendance for the market, as will C is for Company.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ashley0139
#58re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:58pm

Reading this thread gets me so excited. re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07 I can't wait.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Dollypop
#59re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/25/07 at 11:55pm

>>>"Maybe Dollypop will deign to actually introduce himself to me"<<<

Roxy, if you are tastefully attired, I actually might talk to you. Remember, appearances are everything to me and I eschew men who wear flannel shirts and baseball caps to public events.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#60re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/26/07 at 12:08am

Oh, God, I'll be there if I have to crawl on my knees every step of the way. Of course, that probably won't be necessary, since my dad loves taking me to stuff like this. Now all I have to worry about is my high school planning a freshman picnic or something that day.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#61re: BC/EFA Flea Market 9/23/07
Posted: 8/26/07 at 12:17am

I am SO excited. SO SO SO excited.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Videos