News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17- Page 2

Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#25Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 7:25pm

It's been on repeat. I have a problem. Actually, no. No I do not.

JerBearLuv Profile Photo
JerBearLuv
#26Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 7:54pm

Im So in love with This song I can't wait for the whole Cast Recording

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#27Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 8:06pm

Its funny if you pre-order from the show website it is $25 and it says it won't ship until late June and if you order from SHK Boom it is $14.99 and will most likely ship early.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 8:28pm

"Hello!" sounds fantastic. Such a great opening number.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#29Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 10:38pm

I am SOOO excited for this because I really want to hear Man Up! The audio recording I of course don't have because it would be illegal to use any kind of recording device in a Broadway theatre cuts off the first act half way through Sal Tlay Ka Siti.
Updated On: 4/26/11 at 10:38 PM

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#30Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 11:05pm

It's really convenient that the song repeats after it's over...

bwayfan7000
#31Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 11:13pm

Love that I at least have one great quality song to tide me over!

PS, I was sitting next to two Mormon missionaries today on the bus. White shirts, black pants, ties, books and all. I really wanted to start singing that song. It took all I had to hold back...

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Orangesaretuesdays
#32Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 11:23pm

While the song is great and the quality was great. I don't think this is the best song they could have used to get the South Park crowd in. I think like Turn it Off or Man Up would have peaked their intrest more. But I'm glad this song will hold me over until May 17th!

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#33Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/26/11 at 11:48pm

They don't need to draw the South Park crowd in. The show's already a massive hit. This is probably the least spoilery song in the show, so it makes sense it's the one they would release as a teaser to tide people over.

willep
#34Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 12:00am

YES! Ahh I love this. It sounds so great. Can't wait until I can listen to the rest of it over and over.

Updated On: 4/27/11 at 12:00 AM

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#35Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 8:47am

Never heard the music but am coming to NY in June and have tickets. Can't wait as I see on here it's getting amazing reviews so have pre-ordered it on iTunes for 10.99. Love the Hello song. So catchy!

Am curious...does price go up once it's released? Updated On: 4/27/11 at 08:47 AM

ace33
#36Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 10:01am

It's amazing to see the marketing tactics... the show is a huge hit and they don't need to "draw anyone in" right now. Meanwhile I've seen about a million Ad's for Wonderland, Baby its You, etc etc.

I agree that Hello! is the least spoliery and is perfect to release now: most of the other songs, while great on their own, are just so much funnier when seen with the acting/in context with the show.

I predict that they will use Hello for the Tony performance or at least during the opening, how great would it be for the tonys to start with the Doorbell chime!?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#37Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 10:05am

I think it'd be great for the opening number, but not for their actual Tony performance. It cuts out half the ensemble. I could see them doing what The Producers did and doing "Man Up", including the act finale.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ace33
#38Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 10:13am

I'll be on the edge of my seat... i love that half the songs are too vulgar for daytime TV!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#39Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 10:44am

I'm curious as to what they can get away with for the Tony's and still have the entire cast/ensemble.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#40Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/27/11 at 10:36pm

so this is interesting... the email specifically says:

"Your credit card will not be billed until shipment occurs."

and my card was charged on the 26th. i hope they do the same thing they did with WOTV and that means what i think it does!!

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#41Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/28/11 at 12:45am

I pray that "Hello" opens the Tonys!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#42Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/28/11 at 1:03am

I doubt the CDs are being shipped this early. I bet the charge will be dropped in a few days- that happens occasionally when pre-ordering.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#43Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17
Posted: 4/28/11 at 1:14am

I pray that "Hello" opens the Tonys!

I think it could be fun if they visited the houses of various characters from this season.

Videos