News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Cary Shields

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#50re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/22/05 at 12:20am

Their contracts are both up the third week of July, but there is certainly the possibility of one or both of them signing another one.

And Cary, yeah, he was on FIRE last night at Mark Ford's last show. On fire.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#51re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/22/05 at 9:08am

ooooh, karmine as elphaba...interesting.

ReNtHeAd04
#52re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/22/05 at 2:27pm

i like cary, but i miss jeremy. out of alll the roger's i've seen jeremy is def. my fav. cary is very talented though, but i feel like he kinda smiles too much and at least in the beginning of the play and obviously playing roger, i dont think he should really be that smiley?.. idk just my opinion.. but i do think the man is talented. his glory was amazing.

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

GirlfriendFromCanada
#53re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/22/05 at 5:23pm

I think Cary's a great singer, but it bothers me a LOT that I get absolutely nothing out of his portrayal of the character. I've seen 13 Rogers, I can practically write a thesis on a few of them (longest go to Joshua Kobak and Dan Rosenbaum), yet ask me to tell you details about Cary's Roger and there's nothing there. So not a good thing. I would really love to see Dan come in from the tour when Cary's contract is up this summer, because he's seriously the best Roger I've ever seen and really should be on Broadway, rather than the same few coming back all the time (which has it's advantages too, I don't deny). Vocally though, I do like Cary a lot, and that's a lot more than I did before I saw him in Taboo.
Updated On: 3/22/05 at 05:23 PM

FabalaYero85
#54re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/22/05 at 5:47pm

I love Cary and all *swoon*, but my replacement choice for him is Jay Wilkison. I love Jay on One Life to Live, and he has sung on it so I know of his singing abilites. Jay is the understudy for Matt and Cary right now, but I think the powers at ABC will allow him to make a fulltime commitment to RENT, hell Kathy Brier did Hairspray, while she was on One Life.

Ok back to the regular scheduled Cary swooning

hmm...

i love adam p Profile Photo
i love adam p
#55re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/22/05 at 8:29pm

re: Cary Shields

haha found this on the caryshields.com forum and thought it was necessary to post here!!

"honestly, the day i got Rent was one of my best memories. i remeber jumping down the street and laughing and smiling. really felt on top of the world. yeah, way beter than my divorce." -cary shields

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#56re: Cary Shields
Posted: 4/15/05 at 5:10pm

broadway.com's new RENT image...

re: Cary Shields

ikmbway
#57re: Cary Shields
Posted: 4/15/05 at 5:19pm

He played Roger the first time I saw Rent and he was the star of the show. I love him! He was amazing and i want to see him again!!!!!!!!!!1

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#58re: Cary Shields
Posted: 4/15/05 at 6:25pm

i love that this thread keeps getting bumped every once in a while.

i soooooo heart him re: Cary Shields

Videos