News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Cary Shields

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#0Cary Shields
Posted: 2/16/05 at 7:55pm

Hey I am new here and I just thought I would post about www.forum.caryshields.com - its the official forum for Cary Shields and he has posted a lot on it and its pretty amusing. Since there are so many glowing reviews of him on this board, I thought you guys might enjoy it!

Also if you havent, check out the website .... www.caryshields.com
The Cary Shields Forum

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

i love adam p Profile Photo
i love adam p
#1re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:11pm

we should start a cary shields forum on BWW

"honestly, the day i got Rent was one of my best memories. i remeber jumping down the street and laughing and smiling. really felt on top of the world. yeah, way beter than my divorce." -cary shields

BSoBW2
#2re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:13pm

...Hmmm....

I think this is it...

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#3re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:14pm

yea for Cary Shields!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

ponine24601
#4re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:14pm

or a love thread, which is what you probably meant ilap.

i love cary! he's in my top 3 favorite rogers! yay!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

i love adam p
#5re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:15pm

re: Cary Shields

he IS my favorite roger.. considering ive only seen him, jeremy k and manley

"honestly, the day i got Rent was one of my best memories. i remeber jumping down the street and laughing and smiling. really felt on top of the world. yeah, way beter than my divorce." -cary shields
Updated On: 3/8/05 at 08:15 PM

i love adam p
#6re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:25pm

anyone have any cute cary quotes?

TabooWickedFan
#7re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:37pm

hmm i have a lot of them and a lot of funny encounters. i love when i say something to him and he just laughes at me and says thank you or something. he is such a great guy and actor.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#8re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:39pm

"314? THAT'S MY FAVORITE NUMBER. I have it tattooed on my back." -- Cary Shields

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

i love adam p
#9re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:39pm

hah yeah he seems so down to earth.. care to post any?

ponine24601
#10re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:40pm

i have one from when i saw it. During the performance, his guitar was so not working with him.

So at the stage door as he was signing my playbill, i was joking around with him and said 'i loved the guitar playing. *laughs*'. he laughed and said ' i was about to go all rock star and smash it on the floor....or hit Karmine with it. JUST KIDDING!! *makes a cute face*'

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

i love adam p
#11re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:42pm

hahah he is a funny guy... not to mention hot.

TabooWickedFan
#12re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:57pm

um at his gig he was nervous so i cracked this joke to him saying how i heard this guy named Cary shields wasnt that great but i had read it on the cover of rolling stone, he looked at me laughed and gave me a hug and said thank you. it was funny

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#13re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 9:01pm

yay! i adore him! his return definitley helped to renew my feelings for RENT!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#14re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/8/05 at 9:03pm

Oh, I do enjoy him. My favorite Roger... that I've seen. re: Cary Shields

A work of art is an invitation to love.

carymetorent2
#15re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 1:29pm

I enjoy Cary. He has a great sense of humor ... a lot of people quote his journal entries from hsi site. I like the one where he talks about staying in school or don't because he didnt and now he is on Broadway.

i love adam p
#16re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:26pm

will you post the link to his journal?

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#17re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:28pm

Cary is amazing. One of my top three favorite rogers (and I have seen ALOT of rogers!) and he's really really nice too! Awesome guy

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

BWayBoy88
#18re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:36pm

I haven't seen him in Rent, but he was so good in Taboo.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#19re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:42pm

yeah, i liked him in taboo,but rent is just..it leaves me speechless. His voice is incredible, and he plays roger very well. He connects to roger more than most others who have played the character.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#20re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:43pm

I'm so partial when it comes to Roger, and Cary stole my heart. re: Cary Shields

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LetMeLeave
#21re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 3:52pm

oh my goodness. Cary Shields should be in everything....seriously.

carymetorent2
#22re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/9/05 at 4:07pm

Go to www.caryshields.com, enter the site and click on Cary's corner ... he hasnt updated in a while but a new entry should be up rather soon.

He also has posted 75 times on the forum if you want to check all of those out.

i love adam p
#23re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/11/05 at 1:38pm

aww i love cary's corner!

HumpersTheCamel Profile Photo
HumpersTheCamel
#24re: Cary Shields
Posted: 3/11/05 at 2:01pm

"He also has posted 75 times on the forum if you want to check all of those out. "

Hmm Really 75 times, I could have sworn it was only 72. Camels love counting.

Love Always,
Humpers

Videos