News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 123

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3050Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/4/23 at 9:16pm

The full tour schedule for the national tour:  https://chicagoontour.com/home

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3051Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/5/23 at 5:49pm

Is anyone seeing the show on Monday, November 6th?  Please share your thoughts as Max Von Essen undertakes the role of Billy Flynn.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3052Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/6/23 at 6:02pm

Max Von Essen will be out Dec. 3 - 7. So if anyone wants the chance to see Max Clayton as Billy, this will be the best week. FYI, Jeff Gorti & Barrett Martin also cover Billy.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3053Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/6/23 at 9:54pm

Kimberly Marable has extended through Jan 14, 2024.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3054Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/6/23 at 10:40pm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzVAYpxt9ki/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link    Max Clayton and Max Von Essen in their Chicago debut.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#3055Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/7/23 at 11:18am

ACL2006 said: "Max Von Essen will be out Dec. 3 - 7. So if anyone wants the chance to see Max Clayton as Billy, this will be the best week. FYI, Jeff Gorti & Barrett Martin also cover Billy."

Tough call. I'd love to see Van Essen, but as someone who's seen the show a million times, part of me wants to see Barrett or Jeff.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3056Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/7/23 at 12:29pm

I wonder if Max Clayton got asked to join the show since Brian O'Brien left abruptly?

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3057Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/7/23 at 2:05pm

When did Kimberly Marable begin her run?  She has had a long contract, possibly even surprassing AFW.  Sigh, I had hoped for Leigh Zimmerman.   

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3058Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/7/23 at 3:46pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "When did Kimberly Marable begin her run? She has had a long contract, possibly even surprassing AFW. Sigh, I had hoped for Leigh Zimmerman. "

April. She was only supposed to do 6 months, but kept keeping small extensions. Still seems like her extensions are only being given to her to do no other past Velmas being available. Unless someone new joins in January, it's likely going to be Marable for the long-term future.

yyys
#3059Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/7/23 at 4:34pm

I wanna go back but don't wanna see Charlotte as Roxie..

Nolan LuPone
#3060Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/8/23 at 8:20am

yyys said: "I wanna go back but don't wanna see Charlotte as Roxie.."

Considering her attendance record, that shouldn't be an issue.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3061Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/8/23 at 6:56pm

Max Clayton, kids!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzZvScdPwfZ/?img_index=1

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3062Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 11:13am

FYI, Dylis Croman is in as Roxie this week as Charlotte is on vacation. Marabe is also out this weekend and Christine Cornish is on as Velma. Might be a good day to go catch the show today if you can.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3063Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/14/23 at 4:59pm

Happy 27th Anniversary, Chicago!! Curious to hear what kind of special event is planned for tonight.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3064Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/14/23 at 6:52pm

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3065Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/16/23 at 4:19pm

James T Lane is returning to the show, but this time as Amos, beginning next week.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3066Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/21/23 at 3:28pm

https://broadwaydirect.com/max-clayton-and-max-von-essen-on-joining-broadway-cast-of-chicago/

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3067Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/22/23 at 1:49pm

Here are some pictures of Chicago veterans who recently played at Carnegie Hall.  Here is Matthew Winnegge in a solo pose.  (pictures were taken by various persons)

Updated On: 11/22/23 at 01:49 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3068Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/22/23 at 1:52pm

Some familiar faces:  Colt Adam Weiss on the left.  Bianca Marroquin and Brian Spitulnik in the middle and Matthew Winnegge to the right.

Updated On: 11/22/23 at 01:52 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3069Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/22/23 at 2:00pm

Dylis Croman as Roxie, Bianca Marroquin as Velma Kelly and Ryan Silverman as Billy Flynn.

Updated On: 11/22/23 at 02:00 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3070Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/22/23 at 2:08pm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3071Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/22/23 at 7:47pm

Max Clayton mentioned he got the phone call to do Chicago and started rehearsals the following day. Had about a week of rehearsals before he started last Monday.

Still never found out why Brian O'Brien left abruptly.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3072Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/22/23 at 8:10pm

ACL2006 said: "Max Clayton mentioned he got the phone call to do Chicago and started rehearsals the following day. Had about a week of rehearsals before he started last Monday.

Still never found out why Brian O'Brien left abruptly.
" I had the chance to see him as Billy Flynn back in 2012 (during my three show weekend).  He had a very long "the" in Both Reached For The Gun.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#3073Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/23/23 at 12:12am

Sharon Lawrence only had a week of rehearsal before she started as Velma Kelly

anyway 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYvCtWqf0n0

happy thanksgiving !!!

Marilu w reinkings voice and Jeff w David’s voice  🦃😜

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3074Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/23/23 at 9:26am

I am watching the CBS Thanksgiving Parade coverage.  Keltie Knight (Canadian personality) is playing Roxie in a one time opportunity.  I heard her singing.  Apparently she's a former Rockette.  I'm looking forward to her dancing.  

Videos