News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 122

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3025Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/14/23 at 7:03pm

I miss Terra C as Velma Kelly!   https://youtu.be/Y9AB-GcSAw8?si=rAheD4PzwkiGMiSE

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3026Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/16/23 at 7:11pm

Jayke Workman is back as the Mary Sunshine standby for two weeks as Joseph London is on vacation.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Seb28 Profile Photo
Seb28
#3027Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/16/23 at 7:26pm

A wonderful version of "We both reached for the gun" in Korean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCWBWXyUh2Q

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3028Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/20/23 at 5:47am

The newest Cellblock Tour is getting ready to take the show on the road.  The following pics are of the tour cast in rehearsals.  Photography by Jeremy Daniel.  The leads of the cast include:  Kailin Brown as Velma Kelly, Kate Frieden as Roxie Hart, Robert Quiles as Amos, Illeana Kirven as Mama and Connor Sullivan as Billy Flynn.  

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Photography:  Jeremy Daniel

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 10/20/23 at 05:47 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3029Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/20/23 at 5:49am

Updated On: 10/20/23 at 05:49 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3030Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/20/23 at 5:52am

Updated On: 10/20/23 at 05:52 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3031Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/20/23 at 5:54am

Updated On: 10/20/23 at 05:54 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3032Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/20/23 at 5:59am

Updated On: 10/20/23 at 05:59 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3033Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/20/23 at 6:01am

Updated On: 10/20/23 at 06:01 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3034Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/21/23 at 11:08pm

https://youtu.be/oYJ3HQI6Uj4?si=8dL2BmRetCtDVzZY   Chicago in London 1997.  I haven't seen this documentary in such a long time.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3035Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/24/23 at 10:33pm

The cast and creatives of the Chicago Cellblock Tour....coming soon to a town near you.  

QueenTwinnied
#3036Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/25/23 at 1:38am

Is this just a continuation of the ongoing non-eq tour or a new production hitting the road?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3037Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/25/23 at 5:12am

QueenTwinnied said: "Is this just a continuation of the ongoing non-eq tour or a new production hitting the road?"

it's the second year (or third if you count the shortened COVID 2020 tour) of a non-equity tour. Most of the cast is new though.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3038Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/25/23 at 2:11pm

What joy!!   Max Von Essen is the new Billy Flynn, beginning on November 6th!   I remember mentioning  him as a possible Billy Flynn on his IG page some time ago.   As some of you might know, I would love to see Leigh Zimmerman as Velma!!!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3039Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/25/23 at 3:24pm

Let's hope they bring in a new Velma and Roxie, soon, too.

SisterGeorge
#3040Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/25/23 at 5:05pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "What joy!! Max Von Essen is the new Billy Flynn, beginning on November 6th! I remember mentioning him as a possible Billy Flynn on his IG page some time ago. As some of you might know, I would love to see Leigh Zimmerman as Velma!!!"

OK, now this is the first Billy Flynn casting I've been excited about in a very. long. time.

Sister George

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#3041Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 12:18pm

Max Clayton will also be joining the cast on November 6th as Fred Casely.

This casting team really looked at the numbers Jinkx pulled and said “We need the gay dollars again.” Lord knows they have mine.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#3042Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 12:24pm

Posted this on the discount thread:

Chicago is offering $27 tickets ($36 with fees) for performances on Tuesday evenings (excluding 10/31), Wednesday evening 11/1, and Saturday and Sunday matinees through 11/19. No code needed, sale ends tomorrow at noon.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3043Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 12:33pm

Max Clayton as Fred Casely means he'll be mostly shirtless. Just an FYI.

Also, Brian O'Brien left the show abruptly. Anyone know why?

Colt Adam Weiss will be an additional swing for the show through the end of the year

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3044Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 12:38pm

Also, Max Clayton and Robyn Hurder are best friends. I wonder if Robyn might leave ABN soon to play Roxie for a brief stint?

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#3045Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 1:39pm

Max Clayton as Fred Casely is one of the randomest castings ever. It's basically an ensemble part. Wonder if he'll be the Billy understudy, or step in after Van Essen leaves. Either way, I need a return trip to the show and Clayton and Van Essen are enough for me.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3046Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 2:23pm

Who's ever played Fred Casely has always covered Billy.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3047Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 5:50pm

Marty Lawson is listed as the current Fred Casely.   It's strange not to see Brian O Brien as a cast member.  What the hey?

Dolly80
#3048Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 11:41pm

This is just such a bizarre move from Clayton. I know he’s not Hugh Jackman, but surely he doesn’t need to  do this.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3049Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/27/23 at 11:43pm

Dolly80 said: "This is just such a bizarre move from Clayton. I know he’s not Hugh Jackman, but surely he doesn’t need to do this."

I wonder if he'll get to play Billy for a short sting after Max Von Essen w/Robyn Hurder?

Videos