News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 124

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3075Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/27/23 at 7:35pm

Dylis Croman is filling in as Roxie tonight (Nov. 27) and tomorrow (Nov. 28).  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3076Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/27/23 at 8:02pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Dylis Croman is filling in as Roxie tonight (Nov. 27) and tomorrow (Nov. 28)."

Charlotte will be back on Thursday, Nov. 30. She's been out since Nov. 13.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3077Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/1/23 at 6:17pm

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Dylis Croman is on as Roxie from today (Dec. 1, 2023) ---thru Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 12/1/23 at 06:17 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3078Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/1/23 at 6:53pm

winkhttps://www.theatermania.com/news/breaking-george-santos-to-play-roxie-hart-in-chicago-on-broadway_1590189/?fbclid=IwAR0M1Bj_wLrc2PilCfwbJOGcgcqbPN3yTouYEtxK6kjZ1JAN_DePJesOSDI

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3079Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/2/23 at 8:11am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Dylis Croman is on as Roxie from today (Dec. 1, 2023) ---thru Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023.

"

At this point, I wonder what's up with Charlotte? She's been out for several weeks now. Bringing in Dylis and having the Roxie u/s cover is bizarre. Just give Dylis a short run instead if this was something scheduled for Charlotte.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 12/3/23 at 08:11 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3080Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/2/23 at 10:33pm

She must have a good reason for her absences....possibly health related.  I hope she gets well soon.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3081Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/4/23 at 7:17pm

Charlotte's IG is very active. She posted about Chicago over the weekend, but not saying she was out of the show. FYI, Jessica Ernest is Roxie tonight & tomorrow.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3082Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:56pm

ACL2006 said: "Charlotte's IG is very active. She posted about Chicago over the weekend, but not saying she was out of the show. FYI, Jessica Ernest is Roxie tonight & tomorrow."

So Charlotte is injured, hence why she's been out for about a month now. Dylis will be Roxie when she's available, otherwise it'll be either Jessica Ernest or Angel Reda(the two Roxie u/s).

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#3083Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/5/23 at 11:01pm

Speaking of absences, anyone a little surprised Clayton is already on vacation? I mean, if I was going for him I'd be upset, since he's not anywhere near the title for a refund.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#3084Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/5/23 at 11:08pm

I’m not surprised because we knew about this in advanced. It was announced at the same time of his casting and I remember him posting about it again after on his socials. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3085Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 5:12am

everythingtaboo said: "Speaking of absences, anyone a little surprised Clayton is already on vacation? I mean, if I was going for him I'd be upset, since he's not anywhere near the title for a refund."

I think the show was in an odd situation with Brian O'Brien leaving suddenly. Clayton was likely the first one available to accept the role and jump in with little notice. His vacation was likely planned prior to signing his contract.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3086Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 9:52am

“Dancing with the Stars” finalist Ariana Madix will join the cast as Roxie for eight weeks only, starting January 29. 

Oh look, a bibu!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3087Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 9:58am

This will be a hot ticket. She is huge right now. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3088Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 10:30am

I’m not surprised they got her for Chicago. I just hope she has time to heal before going in the show since she was injured during DWTS and that hobbled her finale performances a little bit.

Honestly, they probably could’ve gotten Alyson Hannigan as Roxie too (though I can’t remember if she sings). 

Jason Mraz could be a good Amos (since I think he has too much of an “Aw Shucks” demeanor for Billy)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3089Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 10:32am

WOW! This is going to be a pretty hot ticket for her run.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3090Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 4:39pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "“Dancing with the Stars” finalist Ariana Madix will join the cast as Roxie for eight weeks only, starting January 29."

if Charlotte is going to be out "until further notice", they should just have Dylis Croman listed as Roxie through Jan. 28 if she's available for most of the next 7 weeks.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3091Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/6/23 at 5:11pm

I am totally unfamiliar with Ariana Madix.  But, the Weisslers and casting know what they're doing.  They need a recognizable name/talent for the lean winter months.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3092Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/10/23 at 6:05pm

Charlotte posted she was back today in Chicago.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3093Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/10/23 at 7:45pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "WOW! This is going to be a pretty hot ticket for her run."

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3094Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/12/23 at 2:03pm

Kristine Covillo (West Side Story, On The Town, New York, New York, Evita) has joined the cast as June.   

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3095Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/21/23 at 10:33pm

Hello all.  I wrote down the name of my current trip thread to NYC, but it's nowhere to be found.  Anyway, I'm excited to see the Big A one more time.  I should be sleeping.  I always get anxious before a trip.  It would be cool to meet some of you.  I hope to visit Marie's on Friday night.  Our temps here in Austin were in the low 60s.  I'm bracing myself for y'all's cold weather.  Roman in Austin, Texas

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3097Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/27/23 at 3:28pm

with Mary Claire King (who played Velma Kelly) on Fri. Dec. 22, 2023.

Updated On: 12/27/23 at 03:28 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3098Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/2/24 at 12:04pm

https://chicagoontour.com/cast   The tour is currently situated in Toronto, Canada until Jan. 6.  As an aside, I have decided to step back from promoting Chicago here on BWW....at least for a while.  I am putting myself on "recurring status", let's just say.  No earth shattering reason.  

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123

Videos