News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 9

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#200Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:26pm

henrikegerman said: "barcelona20 said: "Theatre star or someone from movies/tv?"

Jordan answered "Both.... ?"

I'm going to take a very wild guess because she's someone I think could be a sensational Eliza (and because in spite of what might be taken as a hint suggesting otherwise, hasn't it already been fairly well established that Benanti is out of the running?):
Lara Pulver.

"Star Lara Pulver has joined the cast of Amazon’s upcoming Amazon anthology series “Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams.”

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#201Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:29pm

^thanks Robbie.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#202Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:33pm

LAURA BENANTI?

In July 2017, it was announced that Benanti would be unable to return to the series for its third season due to her work schedule and that Erica Durance would assume the role of Alura.

In 2015, Benanti joined the cast of Supergirl, where she has a recurring role as Alura In-Ze, Zor-El's wife and mother of Kara[43] and Alura's twin sister General Astra, who wants to take over earth as its new ruler and destroy her niece Kara.

METEOR SHOWER 

ALSO, hmmmmmmm...An official announcement has not been made, but it is expected that the play will open in November 2017.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Steve-Martin-Eyes-Amy-Schumer-Laura-Benanti-to-Lead-METEOR-SHOWER-on-Broadway-20170615

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 7/17/17 at 02:33 PM

Mickey3309
#203Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 4:20pm

I've heard it's Ashley Park!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#204Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 4:33pm

Mickey3309 said: "I've heard it's Ashley Park!

"really...anybody know her agents at BRS/Gage?

froote
#205Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:19pm

So in this thread we have people that have heard it's Sierra, people that have heard it's Laura and people that have heard it's Ashley.

Yeah I think I'll wait for the official announcement.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#206Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:31pm

A friend of mine called me today and told me that she had also heard that it was Benanti and another emailed me saying that it was Park.  Maybe it came down between the two of them, but no one is really sure who has actually been offered the role.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#207Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:38pm

Maybe someone's starting all these rumors just to throw us off.

Updated On: 7/17/17 at 05:38 PM

Collingswood
Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#209Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:52pm

^ Get that Julie Andrews gig :)

(though we can say same thing for Laura Benanti). I want Kerstin Anderson to be on Broadway, but this might be too big of a fish for her to bite in her first NYC foray. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

GeorgeandDot
#210Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:52pm

^Ok, but is there any reason to be believe she's in the running?  I haven't heard about her from anyone inside the industry.  She is not among the names that I have heard thrown around for this role.

I think it may be safe to assume that it's between Benanti and Park.  Both are fabulous and would give terrific performances.

BeingAlive 2
#211Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:18pm

Gosh both Park and Benanti are thrilling choices. As a non-white artist myself,  the idea of someone as brilliant as Ashley getting this opportunity is so exciting on its own but then you add in how historic it would be its truly wonderful. And Benanti- gosh I've been wanting to see her do this role for over a decade- she'd be stunning. I gotta say, the suspense is killing me (although I'm guessing its Laura since Jordan's clues lead more directly to her and Jordan has delivered time and time again with the scoop). Either way Eliza will be in tremendous hands. 

Updated On: 7/17/17 at 06:18 PM

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#212Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:27pm

I really want it to be Laura Benanti.

broadwayboy223
#213Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:42pm

I will explode with joy if it's Laura

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#214Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 7:05pm

Bart Sherr was being interviewed not too long ago and was talking about auditions and how difficult they can be. He was asked if someone really unknown to him had come in and just had a fabulous audition and won the role outright. He mentioned this Brazilian opera singer of whom he had never heard and of whom he didn't have high expectations who auditioned for the role of Emile.

Paulo Szot gave one of the best auditions that Sher could remember.

So I guess Sherr is open to casting someone unknown to him. Like a Julie Andrews.

GeorgeandDot
#215Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 7:15pm

^Yes I'm sure many unknown actresses were taken into consideration, but from what I'm hearing from my friends (who work in casting and marketing and design) is that it probably won't be an actress that they pulled off the street.

Also, Julie Andrews was not an unknown when she was cast in MFL.  She's wasn't a superstar yet, but she wasn't an unknown.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#216Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 7:39pm

As I've mentioned before, Bartlett Sher stated in an interview with Broadway Box back in April that he wanted to find his Henry Higgins first before moving on to Eliza Doolittle. Michael Riedel did recently report in his column almost three weeks ago that the creative is still hoping Colin Firth would commit to it. I guess we shall see.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#217Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/18/17 at 6:15am

Well. First, plans change. Secondly, maybe they've already found him. Maybe they found him a day after he said that. Maybe they already had someone in talks when he said that. Third, maybe they haven't found him but are announcing Eliza first because that is, objectively, the more anticipated casting choice? 

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

jonlow09
#218Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 2:35am

BeingAlive 2 said: "Gosh both Park and Benanti are thrilling choices. As a non-white artist myself,  the idea of someone as brilliant as Ashley getting this opportunity is so exciting on its own but then you add in how historic it would be its truly wonderful. And Benanti- gosh I've been wanting to see her do this role for over a decade- she'd be stunning. I gotta say, the suspense is killing me (although I'm guessing its Laura since Jordan's clues lead more directly to her and Jordan has delivered time and time again with the scoop). Either way Eliza will be in tremendous hands. 

"

Just want to second both of these sentiments. I can't shake the thought of Park, but Benanti would also make me jump up and down. I also feel like I'm going to be sad for whoever doesn't get it.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#219Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:21am

I heard from some friends of mine who live in the city that they are considering someone from Minneapolis.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#220Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:18am

Right. Julie Andrews made her Broadway debut in The Boyfriend in 1954 and L & L saw her there.

She loves to tell that story about auditioning for Richard Rodgers and he asks her if she has auditioned for anything else and she answers "Yes, for My Fair Lady" and he tells her to take that role if offered it, otherwise he can use her.

I guess she would have made that decision without his advice.

(Aside. It's so weird hearing Bob Dylan singing torch songs. What aging pop/rock star has still not recorded an album of standards? Mick Jagger?)

But seriously, Emma Stone ??, Reese Witherspoon ????

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#221Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 11:28am

Not for nothing but Benanti has been liking a handful of tweets over the past few days dreamcasting her as Eliza. Hmm... can't wait for them to just announce already!

froote
#222Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 11:31am

Interesting. I once knew of someone that got blocked by Benanti for suggesting Kelli as Eliza. I think dream role may be a bit of an understatement haha.

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 11:31 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides
#223Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 2:55pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Not for nothing but Benanti has been liking a handful of tweets over the past few days dreamcasting her as Eliza. Hmm... can't wait for them to just announce already!"

Or maybe she just likes that her fans would love to see her in the role.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#224Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:09pm

Alright, enough speculation. Everything is just rumours so let's wait for the official announcement.

Videos