News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??- Page 5

Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??

Esther2
#100re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/10/05 at 2:26pm

I think you're right.THANKS..What about the west side thing

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#101re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:23pm

Wicked was mind blowing and powerful
Rent was more fun

...and by what people say Piazza is suppose to be amazing, wish i could see it!

sassypanz
#102re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:44pm

Is Piazza as good as they were at the tonys? They werent good at the tonys. Oh by the way, Defying Gravity.

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#103re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:56pm

Wicked, "Defying Gravity"
I mean come on, DUH, it's the ultimate...

Sweet Charity, "I'm The Bravest Individual"
Simple song, but it's greatly funny and I loved it! I didn't want the scrim to go down!

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

forget regret <3 Profile Photo
forget regret <3
#104re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:57pm

well i'd have to say wicked... just because defying gravity is unbelievable and during the show i like couldn't breathe during the ending of that song.

i love la vie boheme too... and one day more is my favorite song from les mis so that must be amazing too, though i've never seen the show. say it somehow is my favorite piazza song. its sooooo beautiful. i haven't gotten the opportunity to see it yet but it must be amazing.

"forget regret <3, I love your post.....you give me hope for the next generation!" -Elphaba

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#105re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/10/05 at 8:26pm

I love Ragtime's Act 1 Finale, as well as Dream Girls, and Sweeney Todd. I really like Sweeney's finale.

YankeesFan175
#106re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/27/05 at 7:03pm

wicked, movin out's was just beautiful (i posted this on another thread, but i couldnt resist). it was one of the most touching things ive ever seen in musical theatre (granted i havent seen a lot of stuff)

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#107re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/27/05 at 7:05pm

This thread sickens me.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

yipper Profile Photo
yipper
#108re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:02pm

"Sunday" from Sunday in the Park with George. Hands down.
Breathtaking!

Follow the Fellow who Follows a Dream...

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#109re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:07pm

One Day More and La Vie Boheme
2 of my favorite songs ever

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

I<3Idina
#110re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:43pm

IMM flying HiGh DeFyIng GrAvEiTy!!! <3 the best. everrr

boytobroadway
#111re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 1:43am

One Day More is definately my favorite. I will never know one to be as good as it. It is powerful, touching, beautiful, I don't know, I am not good with words. IT IS THE BEST.

Always loving Les Mis,
B2B

#112re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 3:05am

RENT
Wicked
Piazza

Kathleen2
#113re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 9:30am

dId SoMeOnE ReAlLy TaLk LiKe ThIs oN HErE..LiKe WoW

Kringas
#114re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 9:36am

Another vote for Dreamgirls.

It was the first (and so far only) time I've seen a show get a standing ovation at the end of Act One. I was lucky enough to see Jennifer Holliday reprise the role of Effie in Atlanta in 2002. Simply amazing.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

beenthere Profile Photo
beenthere
#115re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 9:49am

cabaret

Lamenting_Alto
#116re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 10:03am

Bye Bye Birdie-
okay, yes, i'm in love with the show but at the end of Act 1 when Conrad is singing One Last Kiss on national television and is about to kiss Kim and then Hugo comes up and punches Conrad, and Rosie abandons Albert in front of all the camera's saying, "Your not alone Albert-you're on television!" its just so hilarious but also a little sad.
that is my favorite Act I Finale.

think about the sun-Pippin-think about her golden glance-how she lights the world up well, now it's your chance...

theatrebabe
#117re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/28/05 at 10:04am

another on for Defying Gravity,and also Fiddler on the Roof.if the last scene (where all the Russians come in and tear everything up and scare everyone off)is done right,it can be really powerful

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#118re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/29/05 at 6:32pm

Now I must add

THE PRODUCERS to my list. Now THAT IS an Act 1 Finale. It was a big and fantastic finale to the first act.

And the DRS Act 1 Finale worked very well on stage.

AvenueQPat
#119re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
Posted: 8/29/05 at 6:35pm

I have a few favorites

Group Numbers
Ragtime
Les Miz

Individual
Beauty and the Beast - Lets admit it....if the beast can act its a powerful number
South Pacific - The reprise of Some Enchanted Evening after Nellie Runs Away

You learn to play the straight man, the lines become routine - never really saying what you mean - but i know the scene will change :)

Videos