News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Goodbye ALL SHOOK UP (3/24 - 9/25)- Page 16

Goodbye ALL SHOOK UP (3/24 - 9/25)

BSoBW2
#375re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 6:21pm

When MAMA KOREY enters onstage re: All Shook Up Plea

LET YOURSELF GO - statures

When Cheyenne enters on the bike - that's an awesome effect.

THE WHOLE THING though.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#376re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 6:25pm

They all got so excited when I bough the promo poster the first time and wanted to know if the theatre was selling it, cause they really liked it, and Cheyenne was talking about the photo shoot and trying to give Jen more cleavage in the shot by squeezing her, it was funny. they are all so nice. As for my favorite scenes:
Can't Help Fallin in Love- when the whole company comes in, I just get chills.
Now or Never: How can you not love it?
There's Always Me: once again chills every time
I Don't Want To: Cheyenne is just too hilarious. I die laughing everytime when he gets on the horse.

Blue J
#377re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 6:37pm

Once during I Don't Want To, Cheyenne absolutely lost it. He had just yelled out "The person that makes me feel the burning love is Miss Sandra, right?" and someone in the audience just screamed "Right!"...(spoiler?)...unknowing that the conductor would do it too. Cheyenne just started cracking up and got into a meditation position of sorts - you know, where your hands are like bent towards the sky and your fingers are making an O type shape. Haha, yeah. It was hilarious. He couldn't get back into character and he was talking to the audience by saying stuff like, "Help me out here guys!" Good times, good times. re: All Shook Up Plea
Updated On: 9/11/05 at 06:37 PM

hearthatstrue
#378re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 6:52pm

Oh, I think I heard that story before. Too funny.

Oddly enough, when I saw Justin Patterson as Chad last Tuesday, he didn't point to the conductor. He pointed to the audience, and everyone said "Right." Kind of cool, I thought.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#379re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 6:56pm

I was there for that Blue J. It was quite funny. Another one of my favorite blunders was when the sound system like stopped working and made this loud clicking/ chirping noise that like would stop teh show for a minute at a time, and it happened 3 or 4 times during the show and everytime the mikes came back on sharon or cheyenne would make a joke about the huge mutant crickets it was very funny.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#380re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 7:22pm

I just love the whole show. Go see ASU!!!!!!!

BSoBW2
#381re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 7:31pm

A thousand reasons exist for why you should see this show!
Seeing this show will make you happy and giddy for days!
Until you see this show, you will never know what it's like to have so much fun in the theatre!

hearthatstrue
#382re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 7:57pm

Oh, I like that BSoBW2. Very nice. And I completely agree. :)
Updated On: 9/11/05 at 07:57 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#383re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:03pm

Ok, so there's still no student rush.

I think there should be a $20 rush policy where half hour before curtain, at the box office only, any remaining empty seats in the theater will be sold for $20. I mean come on, $20 is better than an empty seat!!! Hell, make it $30, it'd still be a good deal.

And they should close the balcony completely and just fill up the orchestra and mezzanine.

BSoBW2
#384re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:04pm

yes!

Thanks heart.

hearthatstrue
#385re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:20pm

Liotte, that's a great idea. I really think they should instill the same type of student rush Aida did, though. That was great.

BSoBW2: (I'm seriously going to have to say this to everyone, I think) Call me Stephanie or Steph. Being addressed by my user name always makes me feel really weird for whatever reason.

BSoBW2
#386re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:25pm

Steph it is!

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#387re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:26pm

The problem with your idea Liotte is that you then have people sitting next to each other who may have paid $100, $58, $50, or $20 for the same seat. I mean even if I was on the $20 side, I don't know if I'd feel that was OK, unless there were a set # of student tickets. I think they should drop the balcony prices again.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#388re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:31pm

Most people (us aside of course) who don't know each other don't talk to one another about how much they paid for their tickets.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#389re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:33pm

that's true, it still just seems kinda odd to me. But you're right I would never ask someone how much their ticket cost, although I have been asked before lol. Still I just find that to be an odd, and kind aunfair policy. Maybe they could temporarily institute it to get more people in for word of mouth, and then fade it out... I still think $19 balcony seats are the best bet tho.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#390re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:34pm

I think a front row student rush for $25 (like Aida had there) is the best idea.

BSoBW2
#391re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 8:38pm

Conor - Chitty does it wherever they have seats.

25, or 26.50, for wherever.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#392re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 9:06pm

Bumping back up!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#393re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 9:07pm

I LOVE the idea of a rush, like Aida had...I would DEFINITELY see it even more (and that's alot of ASU! :))

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#394re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:13pm

Bumping this back up!

I really wish that ASU would have student rush. It really is not good that the lowest priced tickets are $39 - you could go try lotto for Wicked or something and get tickets for cheaper. I think they should either implement student rush or put the balcony tickets back to 20 dollars.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#395re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:21pm

Let's start a petition to make balcony seats $20 again! Petitions are fun!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#396re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:25pm

I'd rather petition to have a front row rush rather than the balcony......

BSoBW2
#397re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:27pm

Me too, Liotte, me too!

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#398re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:28pm

I think the balcony one would be easier to obtain, though. I mean, there might be front row seats sold for a lot of future performances already, so it would take longer to get front row rush put in.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#399re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:31pm

I agree the balcony would be easier, but I think it'll look better for them and for the cast to have the orchestra and mezz filled up first.

Plus I think all of us repeat offenders (at least me, conor, bso, syzygy, and I'm guessing some others) like to sit in the front row if possible (or else the front box seats on the sides)

Videos