News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Goodbye ALL SHOOK UP (3/24 - 9/25)- Page 15

Goodbye ALL SHOOK UP (3/24 - 9/25)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#350re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:01am

It's certainly up there, IMO. The Hilton is stunning. But it's also fairly young.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#351re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:03am

what would be your favorite theatre? and what is current;y playing there, cause i don't really know most of the theatres by name...

luvtheEmcee
#352re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:08am

The Palace; on sentimental value, and because it's beautiful. Being there just brings back a lot of warm fuzzies. Studio 54 used to be up there, but without the table seating, it's lost a lot of its charm.

Updated On: 9/11/05 at 02:08 AM

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#353re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:12am

I would definitely agree that the palace is by far my favorite, it's unbelievably gorgeous. whenever i'm in there I feel like it coudl be 1890 or something. And I always wonder how people could see from those boxes that are now just used for sound equipment right by the stage lol, and kinda wish i could sit there just cause it looks like such a cool spot. I haven't been in the Studio 54 theatre.

luvtheEmcee
#354re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:15am

It looks funny now - just like any of the other theatres, I guess. Except that it still has leopard print carpet, here and there. It used to be very unique - you really felt like you were someplace else. It sort of gave off that gritty feeling, rightfully so, but it had a lot of dicey charm. Nothing so special anymore.

Those boxes are cool because they're deceptively close; odd angle, but you're like... on top of the stage.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#355re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:21am

yeah, it kinda makes me think of those boxes that are onstage in Phantom.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#356re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 7:54am

That picture made me so sad! The producers need to do something to fill up that theater!!

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#357re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 10:40am

That picture just breaks my heart! Poor ASU! Poor ACTORS in ASU!

Go see All Shook Up!

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#358re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 12:12pm

What's weird is that when i was there last weekend, it was the fullest I'd seen it in ages, I mean it was like March. I was told there were 1200 people there and normally it's like 400. So...basically they sohould do whatever they did last weekend to get people there (was it the fans? i love my fan!) Anyways go see ASU! It's so amazing!

Blue J
#359re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 12:19pm

The fans are awesome! Haha! My friends and I tried so hard - for weeks - to get one and could never find them on TKTS, but we finally did.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#360re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 12:22pm

I was trying to get one for ages too! Finally i saw a lot of people with them walking around times square so I ran to TKTS, and they weren't handing them out but there were a bunch like stacked in eth gargabe so I went through and found teh non wrinkled ones. lol. Very embaressing. lol.

popular_elphie
#361re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 12:41pm

I had to do the same thing! They always ran outta fans by the time I got there, so I had to look around TKTS for some unbent ones.

Also, one of the first times I saw ASU, I had 2 fans with me, and Cheyenne saw them and said he had to get one for his mom and where could he find them. I ended up giving him one of mine :).

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#362re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 1:05pm

that picture makes me soooo sad. it's sooo heartbreaking

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

BSoBW2
#363re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 1:25pm

It really is sad.

I did my best to whore the show yesterday in the city.

Here's one convo:

OLD LADY: Hmm, do they have that witches show up there?
ME: Wicked?
OL: Yeah.
ME: Nope, it always sells out.
OL: Oh. What's it about:
ME: Pre-qual to Wizard of Oz.
OL: Oh. Maybe I'll see Hairspray.
ME: You should see All Shook Up. (pointing to the Palace) It's a great, fun show.
OL: What is it?
ME: It's Elvis music. You like Elvis music?
OL: No. I mean yes. But not as a story.

She got quite bitchy too!

BroadwayBettini2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBettini2
#364re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 1:49pm

OH, that picture makes me sad.

gotta bump this thread, it was all the way at the bottom.

"You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?" -Bernadette Peters SUPPORT ALL SHOOK UP!!!

popular_elphie
#365re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 3:20pm

BUMP! See ASU!

Keep this thread alive, guys!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#366re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 3:27pm

I got a free ASU poster!!! The promo one with Jenn and Cheyenne- I got it at the street fair on 3rd Avenue today from the people at the theatremania booth. And I got a Rent one too. So cool :)
I'm going to have the ASU cast sign it when I'm there this week and next week (since jenn is on vacation this week when I see it next)

Rentaholic2
#367re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 4:00pm

uh, bump.

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#368re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 4:31pm

bump... heart ASU

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

popular_elphie
#369re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 5:05pm

To keep this thread up top:

What's everyone's favorite moment in ASU? Mark spoiler where needed.

I have 3:
- The dance break in C'mon Everybody. The music is just so infectious.
- The end of "Can't Help Fallin' In Love", when they call out the names (Sandra!Chad!Sandra!Ed!). Everyone singing together is just...guh.
- Burnin' Love. That song makes me so happy.

hearthatstrue
#370re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 5:13pm

Um. Wow. That's hard. Let's see...

-"Heartbreak Hotel." Mainly toward the end when the cast starts belting out "Now if your baby leaves you..."
-"C'mon Everybody," particularly the stepping part.
-"Can't Help Falling in Love"
-"I Don't Want To," especially when Chad is on the carousel.
-"Jailhouse Rock"
-Sharon belting her heart out during "There's Always Me." I'm always ready to stand up and cheer.
-"If I Can Dream." I love the motorcycle angels, cheesy as they are.
-"Can't Help Falling in Love (Reprise)." It just makes me so happy!
-The ending.

I really just should have said the whole show.

Updated On: 9/11/05 at 05:13 PM

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#371re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 5:29pm

all of it.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#372re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 5:31pm

I agree with Kim- I love the whole thing! Everything makes me smile!

Blue J
#373re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 5:34pm

Definitely all of it, although there are a few scenes that truly stand out. If I *had* to pick a favorite, I'd probably say the Act 1 finale, "Can't Helping Falling in Love", where all the cast is on stage. It's just awesome and I totally love it! All their combined voices are so powerful.

kate2
#374re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/11/05 at 6:17pm

i LOVE the whole thing! but the Act 2 opening, "all shook up" is fun! gaaah i cant just pick one its all amazing!

Videos