News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 123

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3050Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 4:00pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Aaron Burr would wait on line for Hamilton tickets. Alexander Hamilton would just go write his own damn musical."

yet Burr won the Tony against Hamilton, Dewey, Georg, and Tevye! Hehe Hamilton Cancellation Line

mailhandler777
#3051Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 4:10pm

I love how these kids just disappear or delete their posts after not getting their way and making themselves look like fools. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3052Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 4:42pm

http://variety.com/2016/legit/news/hamilton-tickets-broadway-cost-wait-lin-manuel-miranda-1201805901/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3053Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 5:20pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Aaron Burr would wait on line for Hamilton tickets. Alexander Hamilton would just go write his own damn musical.

Burr would "Wait For It" via the line.  Hamilton would have been "Non-Stop" and go directly to StubHub, LOL! 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3054Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 5:46pm

LizzieCurry said: "http://variety.com/2016/legit/news/hamilton-tickets-broadway-cost-wait-lin-manuel-miranda-1201805901/

Wow!  At that wait rate, one will need to be in place or have line sitter hired no later than Tuesday-Wednesday to have a possibility of getting in Saturday night.

And what if all the house seats for Sat night are used by the RTT friends and family, all lotteries claimed and maybe just a pair of premiums are the only ones to come out that night being that's it's Lin's departure performance.  Dang!  That's gonna be one angry mob!  

ashk8177
#3055Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 5:57pm

And what if all the house seats for Sat night are used by the RTT friends and family, all lotteries claimed and maybe just a pair of premiums are the only ones to come out that night being that's it's Lin's departure performance.  Dang!  That's gonna be one angry mob!  

This is speculation, but I can't imagine that many, if any, tickets would go out on July 9, maybe even the couple days before. I bet that they will all go to family, friends, or celebs. You never know, but I think you are right about this. 

"

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3056Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 6:01pm

I keep trying to buy last minute tickets on StubHub etc... (I'm talking about 10 minutes before showtime) but since I'm only a single person, my options are limited (most tickets are sold only in pairs). Is anyone interested in meeting up with me at the Marriott and purchasing tickets together? Two days ago there was a pair for less than $500 each, but I wasn't going to buy the pair just for myself. Anyone into that idea?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3057Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 6:16pm

CercleRouge said: "I keep trying to buy last minute tickets on StubHub etc... (I'm talking about 10 minutes before showtime) but since I'm only a single person, my options are limited (most tickets are sold only in pairs). Is anyone interested in meeting up with me at the Marriott and purchasing tickets together? Two days ago there was a pair for less than $500 each, but I wasn't going to buy the pair just for myself. Anyone into that idea?"

If I were you I'd go to the cancellation line an hour ago and gauge interest whether any of them are willing to buy a pair of tickets on stubhub with you. 

From my recent cancellation line experience, the first 5-7 people tend to be deadset confident on buying cancellation tix. Then those numbers 7-20 who are unwilling to sleep another night will go for premium tix or cheap enough stubhub tix. 

I've been following stubhub ticket sales this week and saw a $599 orchestra seat for yesterday's matinee and $1685 orchestra seat for yesterday evening's show. I normally look within the last 10 minutes before start of performance. Seems to me matinees tend to be cheaper in the reseller market?

ashk8177
#3058Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 6:24pm

CercleRouge said: "I keep trying to buy last minute tickets on StubHub etc... (I'm talking about 10 minutes before showtime) but since I'm only a single person, my options are limited (most tickets are sold only in pairs). Is anyone interested in meeting up with me at the Marriott and purchasing tickets together? Two days ago there was a pair for less than $500 each, but I wasn't going to buy the pair just for myself. Anyone into that idea?

Have you checked for tonight? I see several singles available in the $700 range (after fees, which is about what the $500 ones would be). One is a box seat, but know that the top level box is so high you are almost looking over and down at the stage. The bottom level didn't look too bad. 

CercleRouge
#3059Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 7:03pm

Yeah not a bad idea to approach the cancellation line, though of course if someone leaves the line to join me in a StubHub search, there's still obviously no guarantee they will get in.

I wasn't able to get here (the Marriott) until 6:45 today, but as of right now there's a pair in Front Mezz center, Row E, for like $500 each. Annoying, again, that I just need a single ticket.

I saw that box seat earlier but didn't get a chance to do anything before it disappeared.

JulyOwls
#3060Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 8:04pm

CercleRouge said: "I keep trying to buy last minute tickets on StubHub etc... (I'm talking about 10 minutes before showtime) but since I'm only a single person, my options are limited (most tickets are sold only in pairs). Is anyone interested in meeting up with me at the Marriott and purchasing tickets together? Two days ago there was a pair for less than $500 each, but I wasn't going to buy the pair just for myself. Anyone into that idea?

I will be in the line starting Sunday the 3rd (evening). If you found a pair for about $500 each for the Tuesday or Wednesday shows, I would definitely go for that. I would leave the line for a legit, affordable ticket offer.

"

LesMiz24601 Profile Photo
LesMiz24601
#3061Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 8:50pm

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, but is there anyway to find out how many seats go unsold on StubHub/TicketMaster re-sale?

#3062Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 8:54pm

What days does Javi go on for Lin during the week?

lafayettelove
#3063Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 9:18pm

nrubanobroadway said: "What days does Javi go on for Lin during the week?

Sunday matinees  

"

lafayettelove
#3064Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 9:56pm

Anyone on the line now??? How is it?? I might join if it's not too terrible but I highly doubt it. 

#3065Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 10:59pm

Lafayette ove, Obviously now is too early, but I think that it would be a good idea to go for the 7th or 8th since people may pass on tickets to see Lin's last show!

#3066Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:05pm

Sorry but I'm looking back at page one and wishing I had a time machine right now 

"literally, just after my last post, I checked the website and saw. Gonna try for tomorrow's matinee (hoping the daylight savings plus the awful winter weekend will keep people away, but who am I kidding, I'm looking for any kind of reasoning for why sitting in line for 5 hours tomorrow makes more sense)"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3067Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:49pm

CercleRouge said: "I saw that box seat earlier but didn't get a chance to do anything before it disappeared."

I saw that box seat as well but I am 99% certain it was for pickup only; not Instant Download. Given how you only have minutes to get the tix and what not, I'd buy only "instant download" tickets from stubhub.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3068Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:51pm

nrubanobroadway said: "Sorry but I'm looking back at page one and wishing I had a time machine right now 

"literally, just after my last post, I checked the website and saw. Gonna try for tomorrow's matinee (hoping the daylight savings plus the awful winter weekend will keep people away, but who am I kidding, I'm looking for any kind of reasoning for why sitting in line for 5 hours tomorrow makes more sense)"
"

I know right? I was going to suggest to you to just buy tix from stubhub similar to what cerclerouge is plannign to do. In fact, why don't you guys pair up together? I know for me, I prefer to buy a ticket from stubhub or TMresale rather than from a scalper but that's just me. Others may feel different.

Also keep in mind they did record the performance. Hopefully someday it'll be on BroadwayHD. Just thinking about it, imagine if BroadwayHD made Hamilton as the first musical on Broadway to be ever livestreamed?!? Wow! At a cost of $10 too. 

#3069Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:56pm

That's a good idea, Wick3!

Cerclerouge, if you see a pair of tickets on stub hub for under 400 each (I understand that is unlikely), I would love to pair up on July 6th for the night show.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3070Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:42am

THIS sounds A LOT better than asking someone on line to be their plus one on the line as it isn't working anymore with the length of waiting time. I hate to admit, Hamilton has made me the StubHub Queen at home--not a title I was planning on earning.

Do the Marriott FedEx for 7pm performances (they close at 7pm)

Do the Staples on 8th & 48th for 8pm performances (they close at 8pm)

Do StubHub offices on 40th St in the lower level of the Courtside Mariott if too many tickets are pick up only. (They close at 8, have computers, print tickets and are 10 minutes away on foot).

Sunday afternoon, when the OBC was filmed, tickets did get down to $700 and $500.  I was watching while at a Yankee game.

Updated On: 7/1/16 at 02:42 AM

CercleRouge
#3071Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:58am

Actually only the FedEx counter itself at Marriott closes at 7, the computers remain accessible to anyone with a hotel room key, OR anyone who's just sitting in there before it closes. Trust me, I'm an expert. crying

CercleRouge
#3072Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 3:00am

nrubanobroadway said: "That's a good idea, Wick3!

Cerclerouge, if you see a pair of tickets on stub hub for under 400 each (I understand that is unlikely), I would love to pair up on July 6th for the night show.
"

I've yet to see any go quite this low recently, unfortunately. 500 + fees minimum, I think.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3073Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:11am

CercleRouge said: "nrubanobroadway said: "That's a good idea, Wick3!

"

I've yet to see any go quite this low recently, unfortunately. 500 + fees minimum, I think.
"

I've been casually looking at stubhub tix as well and rarely ever see prices below $400. Stubhub adds 10% fees? 

peachesthecat
#3074Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:12am

Kad said: "By all means, wait in line. I haven't attacked anyone for doing so. I don't get it, but whatever, people probably don't get why I've watched the same video of a cat dressed as a bee falling off a chair over and over again.

"

Why would anyone not understand that? I, for one, would love to see this video. I'll wait for approximately as long as I waited in the Hamilton cancellation line. laugh

Videos