News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 124

Hamilton Cancellation Line

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3075Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:22am

Wick3 said: "nrubanobroadway said: "Sorry but I'm looking back at page one and wishing I had a time machine right now 

"literally, just after my last post, I checked the website and saw. Gonna try for tomorrow's matinee (hoping the daylight savings plus the awful winter weekend will keep people away, but who am I kidding, I'm looking for any kind of reasoning for why sitting in line for 5 hours tomorrow makes more sense)"
"

I know right? I was going to suggest to you to just buy tix from stubhub similar to what cerclerouge is plannign to do. In fact, why don't you guys pair up together? I know for me, I prefer to buy a ticket from stubhub or TMresale rather than from a scalper but that's just me. Others may feel different.

Also keep in mind they did record the performance. Hopefully someday it'll be on BroadwayHD. Just thinking about it, imagine if BroadwayHD made Hamilton as the first musical on Broadway to be ever livestreamed?!? Wow! At a cost of $10 too. 

"

How is buying from StubHub or tm resell ANY different then buying from scalpers??  The only difference is more people are getting you money.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ashk8177
#3076Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 9:54am

Wick3 said: "CercleRouge said: "nrubanobroadway said: "That's a good idea, Wick3!

I've been casually looking at stubhub tix as well and rarely ever see prices below $400. Stubhub adds 10% fees? 

Nope. They always charge the seller 10%, but they charge the buyer whatever they want, based on supply and demand. I found this out the hard way after seeing a $275 fee on a $200 ticket. I contacted them thinking that was an error, but they confirmed there is no set fee rate for the purchaser. It usually seems to be in the $130-$150  range, but there are exceptions. You can change your search options to show the full price after fees.

"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3077Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 10:14am

ashk8177 said: "Wick3 said: "CercleRouge said: "nrubanobroadway said: "They always charge the seller 10%, but they charge the buyer whatever they want, based on supply and demand. I found this out the hard way after seeing a $275 fee on a $200 ticket. I contacted them thinking that was an error, but they confirmed there is no set fee rate for the purchaser. It usually seems to be in the $130-$150  range, but there are exceptions. You can change your search options to show the full price after fees.

"

Ah I see. I didn't know that. Next time I'll change the option to show full price after fees.

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3078Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:56am

lafayettelove said: "Anyone on the line now??? How is it?? I might join if it's not too terrible but I highly doubt it."

I'm still in line and "the list" currently has 27 names on it for a total of roughly 47 tickets. However, several people behind me in line have expressed reluctance to stay the night so there's a strong possibility they leave after tonight's show.

Last night only 7 tickets went out so there's been a consistent decrease in the number of tickets available which is partially inflating the wait time. We were chatting with RRT staff earlier who think we (#19 on "the list"Hamilton Cancellation Line might get in on Saturday night but most likely not until Sunday. Luckily we aren't picky about seeing Lin so we don't mind seeing the Sunday matinee. 

Updated On: 7/1/16 at 11:56 AM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3079Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:35pm

CercleRouge said: "Actually only the FedEx counter itself at Marriott closes at 7, the computers remain accessible to anyone with a hotel room key, OR anyone who's just sitting in there before it closes. Trust me, I'm an expert. crying

LOL!  I see you have a StubHub crown yourself!  LOL!  GREAT to know one can stay in there after 7pm.  I did see the sign regarding the room key access.  I think there may be a good chance tonight.  Tickets in the rear mezz are starting at $900 but once they start dropping, they will go fast.  If $500 is your threshold, it may be tough.  I paid $550 in May for 4th row and that was the day before the Tony nominations.  The next day, prices were never the same.

Updated On: 7/1/16 at 12:35 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3080Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:36pm

vomsy said: "
Last night only 7 tickets went out so there's been a consistent decrease in the number of tickets available which is partially inflating the wait time. We were chatting with RRT staff earlier who think we (#19 on "the list"Hamilton Cancellation Line might get in on Saturday night but most likely not until Sunday. Luckily we aren't picky about seeing Lin so we don't mind seeing the Sunday matinee. "

But wasn't there 3 tickets given out on wed evening? Wouldn't that be an increase on number of cancellation tix available given there were 7 tickets given out last night? Either way, good luck! I hope you get to see it saturday evening. :)

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3081Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 1:45pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: 
LOL!  I see you have a StubHub crown yourself!  LOL!  GREAT to know one can stay in there after 7pm.  I did see the sign regarding the room key access.  I think there may be a good chance tonight.  Tickets in the rear mezz are starting at $900 but once they start dropping, they will go fast.  If $500 is your threshold, it may be tough.  I paid $550 in May for 4th row and that was the day before the Tony nominations.  The next day, prices were never the same."

Nah I'll go up to 700-800. 

lafayettelove
#3082Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 1:49pm

Did cancellation exactly a month ago and got in, not waiting overnight. I would like to do it again, but seeing the OBC is not a priority, because I already did. Would you guys recommend going after summer is over (in like October) or just going after July 9th??

#3083Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 1:49pm

I forgot about fees, sorry I can't really afford that

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3084Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:08pm

Wick3 said: "vomsy said: "
Last night only 7 tickets went out so there's been a consistent decrease in the number of tickets available which is partially inflating the wait time. We were chatting with RRT staff earlier who think we (#19 on "the list" might get in on Saturday night but most likely not until Sunday. Luckily we aren't picky about seeing Lin so we don't mind seeing the Sunday matinee. "

But wasn't there 3 tickets given out on wed evening? Wouldn't that be an increase on number of cancellation tix available given there were 7 tickets given out last night? Either way, good luck! I hope you get to see it saturday evening. :)
"

Oh, it's definitely better than the Wednesday shows, just not quite the average it had been before. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3085Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:52pm

lafayettelove said: "Did cancellation exactly a month ago and got in, not waiting overnight. I would like to do it again, but seeing the OBC is not a priority, because I already did. Would you guys recommend going after summer is over (in like October) or just going after July 9th??"

I'll be going later in the summer after July 9th since a friend is visiting who loves the show (but doesn't care about OBC) so we'll be waiting in cancellation line again. I'm really hoping the wait will not require an overnight wait by then. 

@vomsy, good point. Good luck though and hopefully you guys will get in by Sat eve.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3086Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:48pm

CercleRouge said: Nah I'll go up to 700-800. 

Just say to yourself "I'm paying the 2017 premium seating price for the 2016 cast".

Incase it's the cast that matters to you the most to go and see.   

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#3087Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 7:18pm

vomsy said: "Last night only 7 tickets went out so there's been a consistent decrease in the number of tickets available which is partially inflating the wait time. We were chatting with RRT staff earlier who think we (#19 on "the list"Hamilton Cancellation Line might get in on Saturday night but most likely not until Sunday. Luckily we aren't picky about seeing Lin so we don't mind seeing the Sunday matinee. 

"

Not to be a creeper but your #Hamilquest updates on Twitter are entertaining; I can't wait to see the Sat/Sunday tweets when you get in!

and the lunch vote should always be Shake Shack. Hamilton Cancellation Line

lafayettelove
#3088Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:34pm

How many tickets today??

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3089Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:53pm

Anakela said: "Not to be a creeper but your #Hamilquest updates on Twitter are entertaining; I can't wait to see the Sat/Sunday tweets when you get in!

and the lunch vote should always be Shake Shack.
"

Haha, thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed them. Most of the wait is pretty boring so I've had to amuse myself however I can. 

8 tickets total went out today- 1 premium earlier in the day and 7 other tickets right before the show. I'm still not sure exactly the makeup of those 7 tickets as far as house vs sro.

Updated On: 7/2/16 at 11:53 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3090Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 1:05am

vomsy said:  Haha, thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed them. Most of the wait is pretty boring so I've had to amuse myself however I can. 

How many hours are you up to?  Anyone left the line and gave up?  Anyone already passing on tix for the 9th?  That's a week away soon!

hang in there!

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3091Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 3:43am

No reason to think any of the main cast will be out for Saturday matinee, right?

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3092Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 9:23am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "vomsy said:  Haha, thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed them. Most of the wait is pretty boring so I've had to amuse myself however I can. 

How many hours are you up to?  Anyone left the line and gave up?  Anyone already passing on tix for the 9th?  That's a week away soon! hang in there!
"

I'm up to 56 hours now. We have bus tickets for Monday morning so we're hoping luck is on our side as things are starting to look very tight. No one that I've noticed is waiting specifically for the 9th but I know a couple people willing to wait that long if they have to. I think a couple people may pass on tickets tomorrow and wait for Tuesday so they can see Lin though. 

BroadwaySara
#3093Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 10:32am

How many SRO tix are available each show?

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3094Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 10:35am

BroadwaySara said: "How many SRO tix are available each show?"

I don't know how many are held for cast friends/family and there's also no way to know how many will be released for a show. 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3095Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:18am

vomsy said: I'm up to 56 hours now. We have bus tickets for Monday morning so we're hoping luck is on our side as things are starting to look very tight. 

Wow, Monday is getting close.  After so many hours invested, I hope you get in.  

If it got to the point of missing the show, I'd buy resale.  Back in March, when I didn't get tickets in the cancellation line, I was surfing on StubHub while on line but tickets didn't go under $700 that night when there had been $400 and $300 all week.  So went home exhausted and glad to crawl into my bed.  

lafayettelove
#3096Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 3:48pm

My best wishes go out to everyone trying  to get in before before D-Day 2.0!! Hope you all make it and have an amazing experience!!

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3097Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 6:05pm

Quick(ish) update- I got to see the show today! Around 15 tickets went out for today's matinee, including 3 premiums that were sold about 2 hours before the show. All 20 or so people in front of us passed on them and my brother ended up surprising me and snagged a premium for me as a birthday gift. I went in at the regular time, saw 4 people from the line go to their seats right before show time and then found out during intermission that my brother got in as well as the folks who had been immediately in front of and behind us. At least 7 standing room tickets went out and most of the people in front of him in line passed on them so he and several others grabbed them and made it to their spots right as the opening music started. I'm a little bummed that he spent so much money on me when I turns out we could've both gotten in for SRO but we're both just beyond thrilled we got to see the show at all. It was well worth the wait! 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3098Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 6:44pm

Congrats vomsy!!! After all that wait I think you guys would appreciate a seat vs standing room!

:)

how was the cast? The show?

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3099Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 7:36pm

Wick3 said: "Congrats vomsy!!! After all that wait I think you guys would appreciate a seat vs standing room!

:)

how was the cast? The show?
"

The show was amazing! The entire cast was there for our show which I am so, so happy about and it completely blew me away (no pun intended). In my opinion, it 100% lived up to the hype and I am totally happy with our decision to do the cancellation line. Now we're just trying to figure out what to do with all the extra free time we weren't expecting to have!

Videos