News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 125

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Alexander Lamar
#3100Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 7:49pm

I think this is the most important question - How/where are phones charged?

bemily
#3101Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 7:52pm

Hello! I apologize, I've been reading this board for a while but I only just joined. I also apologize for the fact that I'm not entirely sure how posting on here works so I hope I'm doing this right.  I have a question! I know at this point it's terribly hard to estimate how long of a wait there is, but if anyone would like to hedge a guess what do you think my odds of getting in by Thursday would be if I'm in line by like 8pm tomorrow? I'm coming from like the very top of northern Maine and my friend can't meet me til later on Tuesday so I'm a bit nervous about this endeavor haha. Still want to try though!

on a similar note to that last part, will it be any problem for my friend to join me in the line later on? We wouldn't be going for more than 1 ticket each and we wouldn't be swapping out or anything like that, she just has to work until Tuesday early afternoon so she can't come join me right when I get there. I hope that's okay!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3102Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 9:06pm

Alexander Lamar said: "I think this is the most important question - How/where are phones charged?

"

People bring portable chargers Or charge them at the Marriott Marquis.

northlandfan
#3103Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 10:45pm

Where was your seat and were there any understudies?Is the price still 477

Updated On: 7/2/16 at 10:45 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3104Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 10:52pm

vomsy said: "Quick(ish) update- I got to see the show today! Around 15 tickets went out for today's matinee, including 3 premiums that were sold about 2 hours before the show.

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!  so glad to hear!  and so glad you had the entire cast!  I hope people bought those last minute tickets on StubHub because they were priced alright!  The evening was another story.

This sounds a lot like what happened during the Memorial Day weekend, when it was a ticket festival.  I guess no friends and family want to come see Hamilton during the holidays!  They are like "Nah!  that's alright Uncle Lin...I'm going to the beach!".

GREAT FOR THE CANCELLATION LINE!  Everyone must've been over the moon!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3105Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:19pm

And incase anyone is wondering what SRO looks like, I took a picture myself when I was there earlier this week.  Not the best but you'll be in The Room!Hamilton Cancellation Line

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3106Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:23pm

northlandfan said: "Where was your seat and were there any understudies?Is the price still 477

She stated the entire cast was there in a following post.  That was a lucky bunch this afternoon!

lafayettelove
#3107Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 12:38am

If I wanted to see the show again, should I go like a weekend in August or miss school in October? I just don't want to wait overnight because everyone I knows is impatient and won't do it with me. 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3108Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 1:15am

northlandfan said: "Where was your seat and were there any understudies?Is the price still 477

I believe the premiums are now $549 and regular $199

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3109Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 7:02am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "And incase anyone is wondering what SRO looks like, I took a picture myself when I was there earlier this week.  Not the best but you'll be in The Room!Hamilton Cancellation Line

"

Standing room looks great! Sure, the second floor on stage is slightly cutoff but not fully. For $40 to be in the room where it happens? I'm in! :)

Tkristop
#3110Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 8:14am

Just saw on Twitter it appears Daveed is out today for sure.  Leslie and Chris have July 4th shows out of town tomorrow so they may be out, too.  Saw that the Clintons were at the show last night.  Best of luck to all you in the line today!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#3111Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 9:14am

I'm pretty sure that Andrew Chappelle was on for Anthony Ramos at yesterday's matinee, but everyone else was in.  Not sure about last night.

Presumably, Hillary Clinton is going to be at the fundraiser on July 12, so she'll have seen the show twice in 10 days.  I think we have a real Hamilfan! 

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"
Updated On: 7/3/16 at 09:14 AM

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3112Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 9:45am

mikem said: "I'm pretty sure that Andrew Chappelle was on for Anthony Ramos at yesterday's matinee, but everyone else was in.  Not sure about last night."

You are correct about Andrew Chappelle, I missed that change when looking at the cast list for the show. Premium tickets were $549 and standard are now $199. My seat was row F and I actually ended up sitting right in front of Alex Lacamoire which was pretty cool.

My brother did say that from standing room the top level of the set was cut off so he missed anything going on up there but he didn't have any complaints about that- just said it means we'll have to come again when things slow down a bit! 

We bought two portable chargers that we used to keep our phones working and also had a nearby hotel room where we would take breaks to shower and change so during breaks, we'd plug in our phones and re-charge the chargers. The Marriott also has places you can plug your phone in on the 8th floor and a little vending machine of portable chargers you can rent for the day. 

I went to the stage door after the evening show (pure madness) and ran into a couple of the line people then. They told me about 6 tickets went out for the evening show and 2 of them ended up sitting in the same row as Hillary Clinton! All together about 21 tickets went out on Saturday so I think most of the folks who'd arrived Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday got to see the show!

ncgator
#3113Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 10:42am

Having tix for today, sorry to hear Daveed will be out, but Iooking forward to seeing whoever goes on.  Philly and DC are not that far from NYC, so really hoping Leslie and Chris wait until after the show today to head out.  But whatever happens, hapoens - sure it will still be great!

ashk8177
#3114Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/16 at 12:09pm

My last line buddy ended up getting tickets on stubhub, so I am still interested in pairing up with someone this week for the cancelation line. If you are someone who is planning on doing the line anyway and would like your ticket paid for in exchange for me being your +1, please let me know! 

rdsport323
#3115Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 2:09am

so, from Tuesday to Saturday, there are 8 performances, will Lin be performing at all of them?  Does anyone know if he plans on taking any breaks since it is his last week?

what about any of the other principle cast members?

broadwayfever
#3116Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 3:09am

I'm pretty sure he'll be performing in the rest of them. However, according to the security guards at the theater, very few cancellation tickets if any at all will be given out during this week due to friends and family members wanting to see the final shows throughout this week. 

Robbyne
#3117Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 2:07pm

Is anyone from here currently in the line?

Updated On: 7/4/16 at 02:07 PM

mailhandler777
#3118Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 2:31pm

broadwayfever said: "However, according to the security guards at the theater, very few cancellation tickets if any at all will be given out during this week due to friends and family members wanting to see the final shows throughout this week."

Cancellation tickets are ones whose credit cards were declined. How would cast members friends and family get them unless they were in the box office when they got cancelled. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

BroadwaySara
#3119Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 2:40pm

There are many who have been sleeping overnight in the cancellation line.  I saw Hamilton yesterday and at least 10 people who were in front of me in the cancellation line chose to wait for tickets for Tuesday's show, or later.

jdra
#3120Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 2:48pm

mailhandler777 said: "broadwayfever said: "However, according to the security guards at the theater, very few cancellation tickets if any at all will be given out during this week due to friends and family members wanting to see the final shows throughout this week."

Cancellation tickets are ones whose credit cards were declined. How would cast members friends and family get them unless they were in the box office when they got cancelled. 

"

The term "cancellation ticket" is a misnomer. I believe the tickets are house seats that are held back for VIPs and are then released to the cancellation line when they are not needed. There are no credit cards being declined at the last minute.

broadwayfever
#3121Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 2:54pm

mailhandler777 said "Cancellation tickets are ones whose credit cards were declined. How would cast members friends and family get them unless they were in the box office when they got cancelled. "

Cancellation line tickets consists of lottery tickets that are picked up, House seats, premium seats, regular seats, and standing room only tickets. The box office can hold onto those seats and sell them to whomever they want or give them away to whomever they want. In fact, they don't even have to sell it to them, they can simply give it to them by making them comp tickets. All the theater has to do is simply say that there will be no cancellation tickets for this week or a specific day just like when they did that for the filming days. Trust me when I tell you that the people in cancellation line are not a priority.... Family members and friends are.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3122Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 3:06pm

Robbyne said: "Is anyone from here currently in the line?"

I'm in line. I've been here since May 3rd (National Raspberry Popover Day) in order to be first in line to get get tickets on September 23 (National Great American Pot Pie Day) since I just have a feeling that's going to be a great show.

broadwayfever
#3123Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 3:17pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Robbyne said: "Is anyone from here currently in the line?"

I'm in line. I've been here since May 3rd (National Raspberry Popover Day) in order to be first in line to get get tickets on September 23 (National Great American Pot Pie Day) since I just have a feeling that's going to be a great show.
"

Now that's dedication...lol

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3124Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/16 at 3:22pm

Hamilton is life. Life is Hamilton.

Videos