News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 122

Hamilton Cancellation Line

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3025Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:16am

lizzie222 said: "What is it with all the self-righteous judgment against people doing the line?? "

From one Lizzie to another: I really don't think that's what's been overwhelmingly happening here. And I'm sure plenty of us have not been replying because we just don't really care who does the line and who doesn't, but are curious to see if the RRT implements other changes given recent incidents.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Alexander Lamar
#3026Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:29am

I think the majority of the negative responses have, in fact, been in reply to the self-righteous line folks, who seem to feel like they are owed something because they chose to sleep on the street.  i.e.,  the person who made a blog post saying Hamilton deserved her because another patron didn't know Lin-Manuel Miranda's name.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3027Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:41am

lafayettelove said: "I would recommend doing this after summer is over, because I think the random picking will be done. "

Though the Hamilton producers haven't announced the cast replacements for Eliza and Burr, I'd imagine doing the cancellation line even in the summer will be more manageable. I'm planning to do the cancellation line again after July 9th though not sure which date yet. Definitely not July 12th though since I'd imaging there would be so much security/secret service stuff there. 

I'm curious to also see whether the live performance on wed matinees for Ham4Ham will be as crazy as this past Wednesday after Lin leaves.

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3028Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:11pm

I've been in line at the RRT since 1 am and as of now there are about 40 people in line (at most). Yes, very few tickets were given out yesterday (only 9 total) but the theater honored the line's list and a couple people ahead of me in line said someone from RRT had reassured them they'll be following the list from now on, provided the line cooperates with their requests as well. However, it's also worth noting that the person managing the list right now did say that the theater really doesn't want to deal with the line anymore after what happened over the weekend so the list is still ultimately 99% an honor system. 

lafayettelove
#3029Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:19pm

Wick3 said: "lafayettelove said: "I would recommend doing this after summer is over, because I think the random picking will be done. "

Though the Hamilton producers haven't announced the cast replacements for Eliza and Burr, I'd imagine doing the cancellation line even in the summer will be more manageable. I'm planning to do the cancellation line again after July 9th though not sure which date yet. Definitely not July 12th though since I'd imaging there would be so much security/secret service stuff there. 

I'm curious to also see whether the live performance on wed matinees for Ham4Ham will be as crazy as this past Wednesday after Lin leaves.

"I had thought about that too, but even though you're in the shade on the line, I wouldn't be able to stand July heat, especially in the city  That is just my preference though. But yet, I would do it anyways if I had like a mini around the neck fan  (:

Martin4au
#3030Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 12:41pm

http://www.wnyc.org/story/all-waiting-for-something/

has a little Hamilton line waiting.

I think entire thing is well done.

lizzie222
#3031Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 1:56pm

Alexander Lamar said: "I think the majority of the negative responses have, in fact, been in reply to the self-righteous line folks, who seem to feel like they are owed something because they chose to sleep on the street.  i.e.,  the person who made a blog post saying Hamilton deserved her because another patron didn't know Lin-Manuel Miranda's name.

I think I get exactly what that person with the blog post was saying and where she's coming from.  It's natural to feel a bit more invested when you have fallen in love with a show, know who all the cast members are, have memorized the soundtrack, and are willing to spend several nights on the street in order to have a chance at purchasing tickets at a price that means you can still pay your rent, versus someone who just knows that it's the hottest ticket in town and so it's probably pretty good but doesn't know much about it.  There's no need for you or other posters to slam her for that.  What makes you think you have the right to judge?  She didn't hurt anybody, she was just trying to see the damn show.  Really, what's it to you??  Haven't you ever heard "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"?  There's a whole lot of unasked for advice and needless judgment on this thread, and on the other thread about the person's experience when the line system got destroyed by the RRT.  I'm really just stunned by how many people think that when a person shares their experience, everyone else is somehow obligated to pass judgment.

LizzieCurry
#3032Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 1:59pm

lizzie222 said: "Really, what's it to you??  Haven't you ever heard "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"?  "

And how much constructive criticism and honesty disappears under this mostly useless credo?

Also, it's a cast recording, not a soundtrack.

Updated On: 6/30/16 at 01:59 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3033Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:01pm

I'm stunned that you think that someone should be shielded from adverse responses because they've shared an experience on a public forum.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 6/30/16 at 02:01 PM

lizzie222
#3034Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:01pm

LizzieCurry said: "lizzie222 said: "What is it with all the self-righteous judgment against people doing the line?? "

From one Lizzie to another: I really don't think that's what's been overwhelmingly happening here. And I'm sure plenty of us have not been replying because we just don't really care who does the line and who doesn't, but are curious to see if the RRT implements other changes given recent incidents.

Lizzie, have you seen the other thread about the experience of one unfortunate poster when the RRT destroyed the line's self-imposed system??  The OP was very rudely excoriated by other posters for sharing her experience and her disappointment when her quite reasonable expectations (IMO) were destroyed.  I just don't get it.  Don't bother to explain it to me, those are people I'm not interested in understanding.

LizzieCurry
#3035Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:02pm

I did! However, you seem to be thinking this place is a den of anger and meanness, when I assure you, having posted here for 11 more years than you have, it is not.

lizzie222
#3036Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:06pm

LizzieCurry said: "lizzie222 said: "Really, what's it to you??  Haven't you ever heard "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"?  "

And how much constructive criticism and honesty disappears under this mostly useless credo?

Also, it's a cast recording, not a soundtrack.

I believe "constructive" is the key word there.  

And thanks for the correction.

lizzie222
#3037Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:08pm

Kad said: "I'm stunned that you think that someone should be shielded from adverse responses because they've shared an experience on a public forum.

I'm stunned that you apparently think it's necessary to say whatever pops into your head, no matter whether it's valuable, correct, worthy, rude, or useless.  Most people could do a whole lot more listening and whole lot less talking.

mailhandler777
#3038Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:10pm

lizzie222 said: "What makes you think you have the right to judge?"

But it was ok for her to be judging the young couple that hired the line sitters??? Trying to figure out how much they spent on them and the tickets and then her talking crap about them. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

LizzieCurry
#3039Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:12pm

Exactly. It also reminds me of the backlash against this photo:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/04/woman-how-long-is-baseball-game-google.html

In both cases, the audience members were newbies having a good time -- in one, one was unfamiliar with the length of a game, and the other, someone didn't know the name of the star/creator -- and people decided to judge them on that. Go figure. 

You can't go preaching "BE NICE TO ALL" and then be a bad example yourself.

Updated On: 6/30/16 at 02:12 PM

lizzie222
#3040Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:17pm

mailhandler777 said: "lizzie222 said: "What makes you think you have the right to judge?"

But it was ok for her to be judging the young couple that hired the line sitters??? Trying to figure out how much they spent on them and the tickets and then her talking crap about them. 

It's no different than the people on this forum judging her for judging them.  So if you are one of those people who called her out, then you're no different than she is.  People who live in glass houses...

LizzieCurry
#3041Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:19pm

That's not nice. So you shouldn't be saying it.

lizzie222
#3042Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 2:29pm

LizzieCurry said: "That's not nice. So you shouldn't be saying it.

You folks love to dish it out, but you sure can't take it.  Keep racking up your years here, Lizzie.  I'll be moving on.

Peace out.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#3043Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:12pm

Kad and LizzieCurry both consistently offer up intelligent critique here, and never once have I seen either of them be anything approaching mean. If you're really that offended by what they're saying, perhaps that is your problem. 

Updated On: 6/30/16 at 03:12 PM

LizzieCurry
#3044Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:22pm

How complimentary! I beg to differ -- I have been mean here. But not in this thread.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#3045Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:24pm

Ha! I believe you, I just haven't seen it. Hamilton Cancellation Line 

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3046Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:29pm

Kad said: "I'm stunned that you think that someone should be shielded from adverse responses because they've shared an experience on a public forum.

And that the people sharing the experience are also sharing adverse comments regarding people using sitters ahead of them or patrons in the theater.  Should they also be held to just saying nice things and only share essential facts of how the line operated?  I mean, when one puts it out there--that's it!  It's up for debate and discussion.

Updated On: 6/30/16 at 03:29 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3047Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:33pm

By all means, wait in line. I haven't attacked anyone for doing so. I don't get it, but whatever, people probably don't get why I've watched the same video of a cat dressed as a bee falling off a chair over and over again.

I object to the people in line who have a hyperbolic public tantrum over some perceived slight while waiting in line, or the people who think waiting in line makes their experience of seeing the show more authentic, or the people who think they appreciate or get the show more deeply because they chose to wait in some line.

Basically, I object to the superfans who use the fact they've waited in a line on a sidewalk for three days to assert their own... fan superiority. If you're gonna treat yourself like a true believer waiting for Moses to come down from the mountain because you've waited in a line to wait in a cancellation line for a Broadway musical, you deserve a little ribbing.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

lafayettelove
#3048Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:41pm

There is so much beef on here can everyone just get along and wait on the line together in harmony bahah

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#3049Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/16 at 3:48pm

Aaron Burr would wait on line for Hamilton tickets. Alexander Hamilton would just go write his own damn musical.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Videos