News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?- Page 2

Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/22/15 at 8:53am

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 10/22/15 at 08:53 AM

ghostlight2
#26Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/22/15 at 8:55am

The odds are very good that Ms O'Hara will be in. There's nothing to be nervous about. Actors get sick, but she's a very healthy woman as a rule. No actor wants to miss a performance, but sounds like she is wisely taking care of her voice rather than try to push through it and make it worse.

"Does LCT typically offer refunds or exchanges?"

Officially, according to their website linked in one of my earlier posts, unless you are an LCT mermber, no. In fact, it's a fallacy that any theater HAS to give refunds or exchanges, whether the name is above the title or not, but they usually do, if it isn't inconvenient. Worst case scenario, you can past date the ticket, but that is all up to the theater's discretion.

Good luck.

eta: just saw Dottie's post. Kelli was only scheduled to be out Saturday night. Liza's Headband said she would be back on Tuesday. She wasn't. She missed Sunday, Tuesday, and after struggling through yesterday's matinee, was also out last night, all of those absences unannounced. That is unusual for a woman with her work ethic. 

...but this back and forth is getting silly. She will be in or she won't, and no one will know for sure until the 25th.

Updated On: 10/22/15 at 08:55 AM

UnwoundFantasies
#27Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/22/15 at 10:21am

She has bronchitis, says the LCT box office when a friend went yesterday. I would imagine she'd be better by Sunday. Like ghostlight said she's a very healthy person. Obviously everyone gets sick but there's nothing you can do about it now. Just show up early on Sunday and have a good back up plan if she's out (though I recommend seeing the show regardless) and yes LCT will give you a refund if she's out.

FindingNamo
#28Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/22/15 at 11:39am

If you've been following the travails of Broadwayworld since the head band creeped on the scene and stunk up the joint, you'll remember the more he claims to know something for sure, the more wrong he is. 

All my love,

FN

cc:CC

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 10/22/15 at 11:39 AM

KelliOMG Profile Photo
KelliOMG
#29Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/23/15 at 1:36am

Any update about tonight? Was Kelli out again tonight?

UnwoundFantasies
#30Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/23/15 at 12:41pm

Kelli performed the Wednesday matinee and Thursday night, she was out Wednesday night. 

bwayalltheway
#31Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/24/15 at 12:00am

Anyone know if Kelli was in on Friday? I want to rush the show tomorrow, but don't want to see it if Kelli will be out. 

UnwoundFantasies
#32Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 10/24/15 at 1:52am

Kelli was in the show tonight. 

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#33Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 12:16pm

Wanted to bump this as I was at KING AND I last night only to find that Kelli was sick. Does anyone know if she's been out the whole holiday weekend, or just certain performances? The production is fantastic and Hoon Lee is a spectacular King, but I couldn't help but feel I was missing something since I came primarily to see Kelli. 

I'll echo the praise for Analisa Leaming, however I felt read she really young in the part - more like Maria in THE SOUND OF MUSIC than the older, widowed, authoritative Anna. That said, everything else was top notch and Leaming gave an incredibly polished performance. I'm wondering if it's worth a return visit just to see Kelli's Tony-winning performance (and her supposed chemistry with Lee).

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#34Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 12:19pm

Not sure if this used to include last night's performance, ABB2357, but this is what's currently listed on the show's Telecharge page:

*Kelli O'Hara will not appear in the following performances:
- Tuesday, January 5th
- Tuesday, January 19th
- Tuesday, February 2nd
- Tuesday, February 16th - Sunday, February 21st
- Sunday, February 28th
- Saturday, March 5th (matinee & evening) & Sunday, March6th
- Friday, March 18th
- Thursday, March 31st -  Sunday, April 3rd

Updated On: 12/28/15 at 12:19 PM

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#35Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 12:20pm

Interesting. I did check those dates before buying my ticket... According to the box office, she was ill.

RyMickey
#36Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 12:42pm

Kelli performed on December 26 at 8pm -- and she sounded top notch.  Obviously, I don't know about the matinee, but she wasn't out the entire holiday weekend at least.

UnwoundFantasies
#37Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 1:47pm

Last night (12/27) was the only holiday weekend show she missed and it was not a scheduled absence. 

Yes! Kelli's performance is definitely worth seeing, as well as the production a second time!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#38Is KELLI O'HARA missing a lot of performances?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 2:18pm

Cue the Merman/Martin citations. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Videos