News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 35

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#850NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:09pm

peaches, Those spoilers did leak out yes.

Here Saturday is a "burn off" night. Basically the network is pulling the plug on the show, but wants to air all the filmed episodes. The same thing was done for Made in Jersey earlier this year.

I think NBC should considering canceling all of their scripted shows, save SVU, Parks & Rec, maybe Community, Parenthood, Grimm and Revolution (depending on the ratings when it returns). The network is in such horrible trouble they need to make a statement that they are completely revamping their line-up and image.

Maybe network tv should focus on creating the best reality tv possible and leave scripted tv to the cable channels. Even a wonderful show like Community might be better served by being on TBS on TNT.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#851NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:17pm

I am just happy they are giving the full season regardless of the night. I would have been very sad if they pulled it and we did not see the filmed full season. I bet you they wrapped up the show.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

WhizzerMarvin
#852NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:19pm

They did wrap the show. Luckily they knew it was ending and gave a proper finale to the series. No cliffhangers or disappointments in that sense.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#853NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:28pm

And (hopefully) no chance at a movie!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#854NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:36pm

I'm glad they'll be airing all of the filmed episodes. Good to hear there'll be a finale that wraps it up. I was able to get through most of last night's episode without my attention wandering too much. If Karen goes off to Hit List, I will easily be able to fast forward through that part of the show and watch Tom and Ivy work on Bombshell. While the Hit List songs aren't bad and I'd be willing to buy an album like the Bombshell one, I just can't get through Karen scenes. McPhee's voice is nice, but her acting hasn't improved.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#855NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:44pm

Now that "Hit List" is a go, I assume Krysta Rodriguez (Ana) will be stepping up to take the lead female role since Karen can't do it. Of course, Karen will get jealous once she sees Jimmy kissing Ana.

NOTE: WHAT FOLLOWS IS NOT A SPOILER, BUT SHEER SPECULATION ON MY PART:

Christian Borle is now directing BOMBSHELL. He always wanted Hilty to play Marilyn.

What I see happening is that Karen quits or is fired and replaced by Hilty in BOMBSHELL. This frees Karen to star in HIT LIST where the director is a fan of hers.

(ETA not that SMASH has been bound by rules of logic in the past. But that's my best guess where it is going.)

(ETA2 I now see the above WAS leaked as a spoiler, unbeknownst to me. If it proves true, the show is doing a good job of foreshadowing.)

Updated On: 3/13/13 at 07:44 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#856NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:58pm

It was practically screamed from the scenes for next week:
Karen says to Tom, something like: You always wanted Ivy for Marilyn.

She didn't say it biotchy, just sort of matter of factly, like she was offering a suggestion.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#857NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 8:07pm

I blanked out during that line, dmama, but, yeah, I thought the switcheroo was clearly telegraphed. In fact, it's the only reason for suddenly having the composer direct the show.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#858NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 8:07pm

I think pretty much every casting scenario was already spoiled by this thread.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#859NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 8:33pm

Last Night's episode was by far my favorite of the season. The last minutes or so were just so powerful!! I kept jumping and screaming each time something major happened. It was just sheer perfection.

Looks like everyone's getting their dream:

The Hit List could go to broadway
Derek is directing something edgy
Tom is directing Bombshell
Eileen may be taking over again
Karen might star in the show that she really loves
Ivy might be Marilyn

I couldn't bear the thought of loosing Smash forever!!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#860NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 8:43pm

Personally, the fact that something so Broadway focused got 2 full seasons says alot and I'm grateful for that.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#861NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 8:49pm

Still can't stand how Glee has lasted this long... even with the relative Broadway references and aspects. Random, I know...

sephyr
#862NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 8:58pm

I loved the revamped Never Give All The Heart, it actually interests me now.

I loved Ivy's Number, awesome performance.

I liked the Hit List number, didn't like the staging or costume choices, but I liked the song and thought Katharine sounded nice, Jeremy of course.

Overall, I really liked the whole episode and can't wait to see what happens next week! I'm so glad I actually get to see the show on tv now lol

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#863NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 9:06pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Zadan and Meron trying to get "Bombshell" on Broadway with Hilty as the lead.

SamIAm2
#864NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 9:09pm

I keep wondering what Hit List is actually about. Did I miss it?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#865NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 9:10pm

Yes.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#866NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 9:28pm

SamIAm2, Hit List is based on Rent which was based on La Boheme

SamIAm2
#867NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 9:55pm

Thanks so much, beensince1987.

WhizzerMarvin
#868NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:08pm

I never got the impression that Hit List was based on Rent.

Jeremy rambled the plot to Karen and Derek in an earlier episode. If I remember correctly it's about a composer who is poor/living on the street. He is an incredible songwriter though, and one day some rich UES girl hears his songs and basically steals them. She records them and becomes famous, but he's so in love with her that he doesn't care. His songs become like a drug for her and they have a co-dependent destructive relationship.

I took this as obvious foreshadowing of what will happen between McPhee and Jordan.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#869NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:09pm

They only said it would be like Rent, in that they were ditching the book and just adding a lot more songs.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#870NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:11pm

Yeah, I think beensince was kidding. Someone on here said they felt it was similar to Hedwig, but aside from stolen songs aspect, I didn't really see it.

Whizzer, you left out the part about the Hit List!

WhizzerMarvin
#871NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:14pm

LOL right! Isn't it that all the guy's songs are about people that have done him wrong? His Hit List so to speak, that in turn becomes her hit list of #1 Top 40 songs.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#872NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:14pm

I think he kills people, too? Maybe I misheard that part.

WhizzerMarvin
#873NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:20pm

Ha, maybe he does? I don't remember that part, but to be honest it was very difficult to get through that scene because it was three minutes of Jeremy yammering on about a plot that didn't make sense!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#874NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 10:27pm

I totally remember that being part of it. Whether or not it's a false memory or not, I can't say.

Videos