News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 37

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#900NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 2:22pm

The article says nothing except for what we already know.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#901NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 2:29pm

Namo, it definitely was a different culture but, as much as I wanna resist the urge to look it up... I can't. Mary was 19th for the year in its 6th season--but it did slip out of the top 30 for its last.

But your point stands--for a long time the way that TV would get ratings on Sat Night was by having their "Saturday Night at the Movies" programming block--usually showing something aimed squarely at families. That's been mainly true of Friday too--I think the last real success there was ABC's TGIF block when someone realized they could have a hit by basically making sitcoms aimed at kids.

beautywickedlover
#902NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 2:44pm

I'm glad to know that we will have closure for the season's final episode.

Updated On: 3/15/13 at 02:44 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#903NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 9:32pm

Late to the party, but AV Club agrees its better, but is tired of "coinflip" storytelling

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#904NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 9:44pm

Here in the UK Saturday nights are a pretty big night for TV, X Factor is on Saturday's as well as things lime Doctor Who

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#905NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 10:33pm

^^^But aren't many of your channels subsidized by the government? Not so much here. Even our "Public Broadcasting Service" is dependent on advertising and viewer donations.

Please forgive me if this is obvious: but the emphasis in the U.S. on the "desired demographic" (ages 18 to 45) results from studies showing that younger people don't control their own purchases (except when it comes to films and music) and that older people are pretty much set in their ways in in terms of which brands they will buy.

(Note to everyone: these are industry generalizations, not my personal opinions.)

It's the middle years when people are most likely to buy a brand because of what they see on TV, so advertisers crave numbers from that group. Updated On: 3/15/13 at 10:33 PM

FindingNamo
#906NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 11:12pm

O.F.F.S.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#907NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 11:37pm

Maybe a GIRLS crossover would boost ratings for Smash- Cousin Debbie can date the psychotic Adam, and Lena Dunham can pee onstage during "The Hit List."

FindingNamo
#908NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 11:39pm

If the tide weren't turning so swiftly on Lena they could hire her to play herself as a big name to take over Karen's role in Hit List.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#909NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/15/13 at 11:55pm

SOnganddanceman--because I have absolutely no life, I googled Saturday Night TV--about when (if ever) it became a wasteland, and besides a lot of articles about SNLive, all I found were articles from around 5 years back from the UK, dicussing about how Sat Night TV in the UK for a while was seen as a dead man's zone, and aside from the family-hit ressurection of Dr Who what has brought it back are reality shows.

(In fact a few recent articles complained about how Sat nights had popular reality shows like Strictly Come Dancing and now were scraping the barrel with Splash, the diving reality show which, shock of all shocks, ABC in the US is doing their version of next month.)

Here's one of the articles

How Sat Night TV regained its Magic

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#910NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/16/13 at 7:12pm

O.F.F.S.

Namo, you are a troll and my in-box is full of requests that I stop feeding you.

I shall comply. But for the record, I'm sorry you are such an unhappy person.

FindingNamo
#911NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/16/13 at 11:25pm

You're not feeding me. I just express my aggravation with about 30% of your ridiculous posts. I'm a very happy person and you really don't want to start playing the "I've received so many private messages" game with me. Believe me. I'm sure you'll need to post the last word on this 48 hours from now after the thread has recovered from this latest of your highjackings.

Meanwhile, back to Smash, is it not on this Tuesday?

Updated On: 3/16/13 at 11:25 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#912NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/17/13 at 1:26am

As far as I know, it's on.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#913NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/17/13 at 7:37am

FindingNamo - believe SMASH will be on Tuesday until April 6th

FindingNamo
#914NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/17/13 at 9:13am

Glad to hear it.

eatlasagna
#915NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 3:47pm

completely off topic and random... i like the leather jacket that Jeremy Jordan wears on the show... does anyone know the brand?

FindingNamo
#916NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 9:59pm

HOLD IT.

Smash is on right now? And it's Tuesday night? NBC, you're deliberately trying to confuse a queen.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#917NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:06pm

I do love a good set of camera angles that disguise the fact the star can't really tap dance. :-p

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#918NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:06pm

Saturday episodes don't start until April 6, Namo!

FindingNamo
#919NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:09pm

I have some sort of mental block. I see that you all said that above. Now. But just a few minutes ago, I'm researching art photography on various websites and my dvr goes on... and well, I am just confused.

Bring on the dueling musicals.

Gothampc
#920NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:11pm

The Gummer girl is on.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

FindingNamo
#921NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:16pm

Technically, is she "The Other Gummer Girl"?

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#922NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:21pm

Meh. That sounds about right.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#923NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:22pm

Wow, we have truly made it! Mentioned on Glee and now Smash!

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#924NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 10:23pm

BWW SHOUT-OUT!!!

Videos