Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

“OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027 — Page 2

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#27

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

RUkiddingme said: "I realize the last round of sex & city wasn't that popular but didn't know the cast were now temps at HBO."

Sarah Jessica Parker was promoted to full time this past June and Cynthia Nixon is part-time and only gets scheduled hours between projects. When she’s doing stage work in NYC, she does the morning shifts and never is scheduled to work on matinee days.

#29

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

TheQuibbler said: "People seem to want these pro shots but then don’t actually want to pay for them or for the streamer that produces them. Such a weird reaction on this thread so far."

You don't understand. I'd gladly pay for it. I've bought pretty much all of the recently released proshots on physical media as soon as they became available. But given how rarely I actually use the streaming services I do subscribe to, I'm not going to sign up for a whole-ass subscription to a service I otherwise have little interest in just for the sake of one proshot.

Updated On: 9/10/26 at 08:38 PM

#30

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

While I’m not sure where “the Broadway pro-shot I’d like to watch is on a major streaming service I don’t want to subscribe to” ranks on the list of first-world problems, I am certain it’s on there.


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
#31

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

HBP said: "They recorded it in London, I believe. Cole, Tony, Bianca are all in it from the original cast."

It was recorded in London at the beginning of August with Cole, Bianca, and Tony, as well as Giles Terera as Abe (since Conrad was in previews for DISRUPTION) and Michael Urie as Booth (since James was in pre-production for his new show TRULY, HOWARD HUGHES)

Having seen Terera live, he plays it very much like Phillip James Brannon does. They could pretty much be mirror images of each other performance-wise and he worked so well opposite Mason Alexander Park because of his stately stoicism


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Updated On: 9/10/26 at 09:58 PM

#32

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

I guess I'm one of those people who loves the option of subscribing to a service for a month—often at less than the cost of a movie ticket—to get access to a show I want to see. Seems like a deal, takes me no more time than buying a movie ticket online, and I can watch other thins while my access is running.

#33

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

OH, MARY! A hilarious re-imagining of Mary Todd Lincoln as a woman desperate to become a cabaret star, set in the weeks before her husband's assassination. Filmed live from the Trafalgar Theatre in London on July 28 & 29, 2026.

Here is the cast:

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

#34

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

JSquared2 said: "uncageg said: "KevinKlawitter said: "Always a streamer I don't fricking subscribe to"


Same here! And not doing a free trial just to see a show or movie.


"

JFC... no one needs a proclamation that you're NOT going to be watching or attending something --- just don't go or don't watch! I didn't notice them asking anywhere for RSVP's.


"

Touch grass, babe.

#36

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

MysteriousLady said: "Y'all are really balking at paying $8.99 for one month of access to HBO to watch this plus a giant library of other stuff???"

The original comment was more one of frustration that, yet again, something they wanted to see was going to be on a streaming service they don't have. That was the gist of it. No heavy invective about inordinate prices or an argument that they deserve to see things for free. It was sort of a tossed-off comment, and I'm surprised people have overreacted to it so much.

That said, anyone is within their rights to note they won't sign up for another platform just to watch this, whether because they just don't feel like paying for another streaming service or for a more serious reason like having enough expenses that even the marginal cost is not something they feel like they can take on. It's really no big deal for them to make this choice, or to say so.

I happen to be lucky that my bf shares his streaming services with me, that he has HBO Max, and so I will be able to see this. And I really want to see it. But if weren't for that, I'd have to miss it, too. And I'd be bummed out about it, but that's how it would be.

Updated On: 9/12/26 at 10:26 PM

#37

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

I seem to recall you mention that you are never able to get to New York due to expenses. I'm glad you will be able to see this on your friend's account. It's a wonderful play and I hope the joy of seeing it live translates to the small screen.

#38

Re: “OH MARY!” film to play on HBO Max in 2027

MysteriousLady said: "I seem to recall you mention that you are never able to get to New York due to expenses. I'm glad you will be able to see this on your friend's account. It's a wonderful play and I hope the joy of seeing it live translates to the small screen."

You're completely right. It sucks. I love Broadway, and I love theatre. Haven't been there since the mid-to-late 80's. Can't wait to see Oh, Mary!

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59