News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening- Page 7

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening

Damiensta
#150THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/5/19 at 11:45pm

So I guess this play has no cast.... you would think by now they would announce

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#151THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/6/19 at 12:39am

Maybe they're having issues with contracts or other issues in the transfer.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#152THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/6/19 at 7:30am

Damiensta said: "So I guess this play has no cast.... you would think by now they would announce"

No announcement and no discount code either. 

Is it still happening?

nasty_khakis
#153THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/7/19 at 3:14pm

TheSassySam said: "Is it still happening?"

Matthew Lopez posted two photos on instagram today of the first day of rehearsal. Just a copy of Howards End and a photo of a sign with the artwork saying "rehearsal in progress."

Strange they're literally rehearsing and there's not a single cast announcement.  What could they possibly be waiting on?

Harriet Craig Profile Photo
Harriet Craig
#154THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/7/19 at 3:16pm

TheSassySam said: "Damiensta said: "So I guess this play has no cast.... you would think by now they would announce"

No announcement and no discount code either.

Is it still happening?
"

Got a mailer today with a discount code:  HRDRM722. Nothing in it about the cast.

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#155THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/7/19 at 5:11pm

nasty_khakis said: "TheSassySam said: "Is it still happening?"

Matthew Lopez posted two photos on instagram today of the first day of rehearsal. Just a copy of Howards End and a photo of a sign with the artwork saying "rehearsal in progress."

Strange they're literally rehearsing and there's not a single cast announcement. What could they possibly be waiting on?
"

I remember reading that in London Vanessa Redgrave didn't join the company until a few weeks into rehearsals. Could it be they still haven't found someone for Margaret and are holding off on an announcement till then? Still seems very strange but it's the only reason I can think of.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#156THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/7/19 at 11:30pm

So can someone just... like... leak the cast or something?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

nasty_khakis
#157THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/7/19 at 11:56pm

jvoom said: "I remember reading that in London Vanessa Redgrave didn't join the company until a few weeks into rehearsals. Could it be they still haven't found someone for Margaret and are holding off on an announcement till then? Still seems very strange but it's the only reason I can think of."

You can announce most of the cast and then do a 2nd or 3rd announcement later one for more press. Like today say "Kyle, Hickey, etc etc etc" (whoever it actually is) then in three weeks say "Cherry Jones joins the cast of..." (whoever they're waiting on).

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#158THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/8/19 at 9:10am

Not sure why this is taking so long, but obviously someone's deal is holding back an announcement of any kind. I do know, however, that Andrew Burnap is transferring with the production, also being joined by recent Yale grad Arturo Soria. The word has always been that Redgrave is coming too, but I'm guessing the hold up stems from her involvement. Perhaps they are trying to get a "name" to do some performances for her? 

bway4sale
#159THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/15/19 at 9:43pm

qolbinau said: "It's definitely an 'orchestra' show."

Can I ask why you (or anyone else who would like to weigh-in on the topic) think this is more of an 'Orchestra show'? I'm looking at some great Front Mezzanine seats with the discount code but now I'm second guessing. 

I'm also wondering, for anyone who has seen it---- any preference to either side of the theater for seating? I know the set is mostly bare bones but is there an advantage to being house left or right? 

rjm516
#160THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/16/19 at 9:10am

I can't remember any staging that would give a benefit to either side. It's very front-focused as far as I can remember (although I could be forgetting a scene from any of the 7 hours :) ). At least in London, there weren't any bad seats, but definitely being center and closer would be good (although I was in the balcony for part 2 and felt just as intimately connected). 

Now that Kyle Soller was confirmed, I just have to reiterate that if you can, you must see this. Thinking about his performance makes me cry. He is that character for me and I feel like I know him (and every character).

bway4sale
Harriet Craig
#162THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/16/19 at 9:28pm

Silly question:  do I have to jump through the hoops of placing two separate orders on Telecharge to get tickets to Parts 1 and 2? I have placed a ticket for Part 1 in my cart, but all it will let me do after that is check out — there doesn’t seem anything like a “continue shopping” button that would let me select a ticket for Part 2 and add it to the cart before checking out.

I can place two separate orders if I have to, but it would be more convenient to place one order for both tickets. Am I missing something, or is this just a case of Telecharge not being user-friendly?

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#163THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/16/19 at 10:25pm

Right above the seating chart and prices, it mentions buying Part 2 ticks and has a link. I think you are just missing it.  

bway4sale
#164THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/16/19 at 10:33pm

I just bought mine, and I did not see an option to complete your purchase for both parts in one single order. I'm almost certain you have to place two separate orders.

Caution: If you're using the discount code, the link to purchase Part Two from the confirmation page will direct you back to the regular Telecharge and remove the discount code. You'll have to go back to TelechargeOffers, re-enter the discount code and start the process over again to use the code. 

Frustrating... but alas, it's Telecharge after all. 

Harriet Craig
#165THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/16/19 at 10:49pm

Thanks, Pose2 and bway4sale. I should have mentioned in my original post that I’m not trying to do the “Buy both parts and get $100 off” offer (which, as far as I can tell, only applies to mezzanine seats); I’m trying to use the discount code in the mailer to buy orchestra seats for two performances. If Pose2 saw a link to buying Part 2 tickets, I’m sure there was one, but maybe that link only shows up if you’re doing the “Buy both parts and get $100 off” offer?

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#166THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/16/19 at 10:59pm

I apologize, it was not a link, I was mistaken. It states "Telecharge Tip: Don't forget to order your tickets to Part 2".

I hate Telecharge so much. It's the most frustrating experience Ive ever had buying anything online. Ticketmaster is wonderful, I let a sigh of relief when the shows I attend are on their site.

Since Telecharge has never fixed an issue with my account (Unusual activity?) I have to call them and they have to "force" my credit card through manually. So, I did not purchase them on the website. Once again, Im sorry for the confusion!  Bway4sale is correct in what you have to do to get the discount. Good luck!

Updated On: 8/17/19 at 10:59 PM

Bwaydreamer3 Profile Photo
Bwaydreamer3
#167THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 1:11am

Can anyone share more details about the "Buy both parts get $100 off" I'm still waiting for a discount for this show (the mailer code wasn't eligible for my dates) and this might be a decent one. Thanks! 

Harriet Craig
#168THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 8:10am

Bwaydreamer3 said: "Can anyone share more details about the "Buy both parts get $100 off" I'm still waiting for adiscount for this show (the mailer code wasn't eligible for my dates) and this might be a decent one. Thanks!"

The discount code for that offer is IHTCX812. It’s good for mezzanine seats at performances through November 16.

bway4sale
#169THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 8:48am

^ The $89-99 Front Mezzanine seats under this offer/discount are a steal, I would think.

Front Mezzanine at the Barrymore is fantastic. 

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#170THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 10:21am

Looking at the availability it appears as though they are A LOT of unsold tickets. The mezz is practically empty. Will probably wait to rush this one or tdf.

Would be great if they did some kind of box office promotion

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#171THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 10:46am

Bwaydreamer3 said: "Can anyone share more details about the "Buy both parts get $100 off" I'm still waiting for adiscount for this show (the mailer code wasn't eligible for my dates) and this might be a decent one. Thanks!"

None of the codes are valid for Saturday, but HRDRM722 discounts orchestra as well as mezzanine.

Bwaydreamer3 Profile Photo
Bwaydreamer3
#172THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 11:12am

I tried the $100 off and I think it worked for my date (which is a Saturday) but the tickets were still pretty expensive imo THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening I really wanted to buy my tickets ahead, but I may rush this show too. Unless I can find someone to buy my tickets at the box office 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#173THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/17/19 at 11:18am

Bwaydreamer3 said: "I tried the $100 off and I think it worked for my date (which is a Saturday) but the tickets were still pretty expensive imo THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening I really wanted to buy my tickets ahead, but I may rush this show too. Unless I can find someone to buy my tickets at the box office"

HRDRM712 isn't valid on Saturdays. IHTCX812 has 11/16 on there, but none of the seats are discounted. If that's the day you were looking at, that's why the seats seemed expensive.

Updated On: 8/17/19 at 11:18 AM

Posner11
#174THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening
Posted: 8/19/19 at 4:04pm

Ok now you know you have most of the knockout cast we had in UK in the West End you need to book - trying to keep any spoilers out of seating recommendations - but don't read if you want everything to be a surprise - have no worry this play holds a lot.

The Barrymore holds 1032 against the 900ish the Noel coward did  - looks like Barrymore has only two levels while Noel had four. Presuming the Barrymore is a bit wider so this should help visuals on the side if you have seen any pictures of the west end you will know the set is deceptively simple but there are actions on both sides which did get cut off in some seats at the Noel.

Like a great many I saw each part twice- the view from the circles/mezzanine allows you to see all and the play unfolds a bit like a film, it is however wonderful to be up from stalls/orchestra and see the actors and the interaction up close.

Possible spoilers for seating - the front stage will be fairly low those in front row will have some actor cut off  - there was a fair few comments from people if seats mid stalls at the Noel with limited view due to the low theatre rake and the stage design - hopefully the Barrymore has a more decent rake to it . Couple of advantages for front row seating in part one left side AA to B 101 to about 105 have chance of getting object a cast member throws out into the audience - For part B other side possible AA to B 110 to 114 may have very close interaction with cast member - this may have changed for Broadway. For the nude scene the one guy is left corner stage as you look at it from the seats - if you are in the odd 1,3,5 etc  number seats possible you may have a more limited view if this is important to you - as previous poster has said despites warning posters up this is the only full nude but thankfully its the guy you will want it to be.           It is worth maybe booking and getting a seat you know is comfortable - part 1 has two intervals but part 2 only 1 and a very short pause. Also note while most of the play is front stage there is some major plot issues performed in the back central stage so important your seat does not cut that view of which it may on some side seats.At a push I would say try for the front Orchestra and enjoy being up close to the performance 

Videos