News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022- Page 2

THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#25THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 1/28/22 at 4:04pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/New-Preview-and-Opening-Dates-Announced-for-THE-MINUTES-on-Broadway-20220128

Steppenwolf's production of The Minutes will now begin previews on Broadway on Saturday, April 2, 2022, and open on Sunday, April 17, 2022. The play was previously scheduled to resume performances at Studio 54 on March 19, 2022, and open on Thursday, April 7, 2022.

The cast features Noah Reid (Emmy Award-winning "Schitt's Creek"THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022, Tony Award nominee Ian Barford (Linda Vista, August: Osage County), Tony Award winner Blair Brown (The Parisian Woman, Copenhagen), Cliff Chamberlain (Superior Donuts, Homeland), Tony Award nominee K. Todd Freeman (Airline Highway, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest), Tracy Letts (Lady Bird, Ford v Ferrari), Danny McCarthy (To Kill a Mockingbird, The Iceman Cometh), Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller (Waitress, Beautiful), Sally Murphy (Linda Vista, August: Osage County), Tony Award nominee Austin Pendleton (Choir Boy, The Diary of Anne Frank), Jeff Still (To Kill a Mockingbird, Oslo).

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#26THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 1/28/22 at 4:34pm

I am so glad that this is coming back. I saw this back in 2020, and I found it to be a great piece of theatre in every way. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 1/29/22 at 12:52am

Will be stopping by the box office to get my ticket next week. This was tops on my list before the shut down.

Just give the world Love.

BoringBoredBoard40
#28THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 1/29/22 at 1:42am

What a cast, also does Austin Pnedelton ever stop working, just saw him in a show this week and I'm sure he will direct 5 things before this starts previews lol

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#29THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 1/29/22 at 11:12am

Worth noting for anyone who may inquire that this IS NOT a Roundabout production and is only leading Studio 54, so no HipTix or anything of that nature.

That being said, even the atrocious rear mezzanine seats start at only $39

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#30THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 1/29/22 at 4:45pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "What a cast, also does Austin Pnedelton ever stop working, just saw him in a show this week and I'm sure he will direct 5 things before this starts previews lol"

Austin Pendleton is on a Lois Smith-style run. Perhaps he'll win a Tony at 90.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/15/22 at 2:05am

I was going to buy a seat in the rear Mezz at the box office but haven't been able to get there. Decided to just buy it online and it looks like they have taken the rear Mezz off sale. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#32THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 1:49am

PaulRajeshMEzra said: "
Exploring the inner workings of city council meetings, secrets begin to unravel as a newcomer to the small town of Big Cherry asks the wrong questions. The Minutes first began previews at the Cort Theatre on Feb. 25, 2020, with performances suspended ahead of its original opening night on Mar. 15, 2020.

Casting for The Minutes’ Broadway return is to be announced. The 2020 Broadway cast included Tracy Letts as Mayor Superba, Armie Hammer as Mr. Peel, Jessie Mueller as Ms. Johnson, Ian Barford, Blair Brown, Cliff Chamberlain, K. Todd Freeman, Danny McCarthy, Sally Murphy, Austin Pendleton and Jeff Still.

Anna D. Shapiro directs The Minutes, with scenic design by David Zinn, costume design by Ana Kuzmanic, lighting design by Brian MacDevitt and sound design and original music by André Pluess. Though The Minutes is being performed at Studio 54, azar echat The Minutes is not a Roundabout Theatre Company production.
"

The cast has been announced.

quizking101
#33THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 6:43am

I was poking around last night while buying my ticket and it appears the rear mezzanine is going to be closed for the duration of the run, BUT the rear mezzanine is open for purchase for opening night (April 17th).

FWIW, I got a front mezzanine seat for $39 plus fees with the code MIDM114 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

hollebolle
#34THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 8:57am

quizking101 said: "I was poking around last night while buying my ticket and it appears the rear mezzanine is going to be closed for the duration of the run, BUT the rear mezzanine is open for purchase for opening night (April 17th).

"

What dates are you looking at? I bought rear mezz tickets a while ago for a Saturday night in May and they're still available for that performance. I just check a few other dates, and it looks like it's on sale for Friday/Saturday/Sunday shows.

Rear mezz is awful in this theatre, but I'm hoping EE (first row of rear mezz) won't be as bad. In hindsight I should have waited, because (1) discounts and (2) it looks like they changed their pricing structure slightly so now rear side mezz is at the same price point as rear center mezz.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#35THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 9:28am

Got a ticket for opening night in the rear mezz. I’m sure the view won’t be great, but I love an opening night.

kwoc91
#36THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 10:15am

quizking101 said: "I was poking around last night while buying my ticket and it appears the rear mezzanine is going to be closed for the duration of the run, BUT the rear mezzanine is open for purchase for opening night (April 17th).

"

Thank you for sharing the discount code! Just grabbed a ticket. I sat in row DD front mezz for Caroline, or Change and didn't mind it at all.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#37THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 10:28am

I saw The Minutes from the balcony at the Cort (granted, one of the better balconies on Broadway) and it was an excellent view. The show is so engaging that it doesn't really matter where you sit, IMO. Tracy and Anna have constructed one hell of a story.

quizking101
#38THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 10:50am

hollebolle said: "quizking101 said: "I was poking around last night while buying my ticket and it appears the rear mezzanine is going to be closed for the duration of the run, BUT the rear mezzanine is open for purchase for opening night (April 17th).

"

What dates are you looking at? I bought rear mezz tickets a while ago for a Saturday night in May and they're still available for that performance. I just check a few other dates, and it looks like it's on sale for Friday/Saturday/Sunday shows.

Rear mezz is awful in this theatre, but I'm hoping EE (first row of rear mezz) won't be as bad. In hindsight I should have waited, because (1) discounts and (2) it looks like they changed their pricing structure slightly so now rear side mezz is at the same price point as rear center mezz.

"

I bought my tickets for April 19th (a Tuesday). Maybe they opened the rear Mezz for weekends but know the weekdays might be a lighter Audience?

It looks poorly sold right now, so I can see how that might be a possible move

DennisSSebasiStephen
#39THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/17/22 at 2:55am

Tony-winning playwright/performer Letts starred in the political comedy on Broadway, alongside Jessie Mueller, Armie Hammer, Blair Brown, Ian Barford, Sally Murphy, K. Todd Freeman, Austin Pendleton, Cliff Chamberlain, Danny McCarthy and Jeff Still. By confirming the new performance return date, the producers are hopeful that they will be able to maintain the cast.

Directed by Tony winner Anna D. Shapiro, The Minutes takes a hard look at the innerworkings of a city council meeting and the hypocrisy, greed and ambition that bubble to the surface when a newcomer to the small town of Big Cherry starts to ask the wrong questions.

Broadway.com customers with tickets to canceled performances will be contacted with information on refunds or shagle exchanges.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#40THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/17/22 at 9:52am

I despise the rear Mezz at Studio 54, but $39 for my first ever opening night might be too enticing to give up. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#41THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/17/22 at 9:55am

VotePeron said: "I saw The Minutes from the balcony at the Cort (granted, one of the better balconies on Broadway) and it was an excellent view. The show is so engaging that it doesn't really matter where you sit, IMO. Tracy and Anna have constructed one hell of a story."

Agreed - this is one of the most riveting plays I have ever seen.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BCfitasafiddle
#42THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/17/22 at 12:47pm

Is this being considered part of Roundabout's season?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#43THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 2/17/22 at 12:53pm

No, it’s a rental 

hollebolle
#44THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 8:44pm

Looks like they finally closed the rear mezzanine for my performance, too. Last I checked, only 4 seats were sold in that section (two of which are mine). Any idea what they do in this scenario? Would they reassign our seats?

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#45THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 9:08pm

I enjoyed it when I saw it two years ago (was it really two years ago!). I didn't like it as much LINDA VISTA but THE MINUTES is great ensemble based theater in the best Steppenwolf tradition. 

MadsonMelo
#46THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 3/18/22 at 3:48am

"

Probably a dumb question, but in case of telecharge codes, this doesn't apply to box office in person, right?

I saw that they offered rush seats for $35 before pandemic, don't know if they will keep the rush (hate digital lottery) and if the tickets are good. Almost $50 (with fees) against $35 seems ok, but if I could save, it would be good lol

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#47THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 3/18/22 at 8:51am

As long as the box office is open, you can ABSOLUTELY use a telecharge offers code in person at the BO. Just write it down before you go there. 

seussical93
#48THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 3/24/22 at 1:05pm

anyone have any updated knowledge about if they’re offering rush?? 

MadsonMelo
#49THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 4:55pm

Did they just released tickets for rear mezz in the first preview or just didn't sold any single ticket yet? ouch!

I'm going on sunday, but I'll wait for either rush or most likely TKTS - it's bound to appear there, right?

Videos