Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The CHICAGO 30th anniversary reunion

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#1

The CHICAGO 30th anniversary reunion

Bebe Neuwirth, James Naughton and more are reuniting for a Chicago 30th anniversary celebration

Thirty years is the real story to me. That 1996 revival was supposed to be a limited Encores! transfer and it has now outlasted basically everything, largely by being cheap to run and infinitely re-castable. The reunion is a nice moment, but it also underlines how much of the show's survival has been about the replacement machine rather than the original company.

Does seeing Neuwirth and Naughton back in it remind people how good it can be, or just how far the production has drifted?

#2

The CHICAGO 30th anniversary reunion

I don't think the production has drifted at all. I've seen it 39 times at the Ambassador and I have yet to see a bad performance. I'm especially reminded of this during the entre'acte when the performers act as if they haven't heard the music in ages and they are so beyond thrilled to start Act 2 that they can't contain themselves.

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59