News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 19

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#450THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 2:53pm

tl;dr

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

FindingNamo
#451THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 2:56pm

In case anybody's keeping score, Jason's above post is 591 words. A page of 8x10 paper with text typed double-spaced is 250 words.

Jason, can you just go to a J/O party to whack off?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Jason Bennett
#452THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:01pm

I would humbly mention I type over 100 words per minute. So, posting is no biggie for me, just takes a minute...I just mention this because if I didn't type so fast, I'd be too busy to post...

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 03:01 PM

chellie
#453THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:04pm

Well, Jason, one thing I can say about you...you certainly have no lack of self-importance.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#454THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:04pm

Oooooooooo what a catch!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

julesboogie Profile Photo
julesboogie
#455THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:05pm

Jason...my bad. the witch hunt, bash... line was intended for others, not as one of your quotes. i didnt make it clear that i had moved to a different thought.

please accept my quick and sincere apology. THE END

hey ripley, thats how its done. hehe.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#456THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:07pm

For all we know, Alice felt horrified within 2 milliseconds of what she'd written. I would expect she did, frankly. But, I would also imagine many friends might have said, "If you say anything else about it, it will just draw attention to it."

That might be true, except for that incredible non-apology she posted which both drew attention to it and expressed no such horror.

I think most people agree that she's not homophobic and just made a very unfortunate remark. If she had been quick to issue a simple apology that didn't read as sarcastic, I sincerely doubt it would have been the issue it apparently can't stop being. We all know that everyone screws up and says the wrong thing at some point. But we also know that people should apologize when they do it, and that is all anyone expected of her.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#457THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:08pm

Well, Jason, one thing I can say about you...you certainly have no lack of self-importance.

Too true. AND I KNOW SELF-IMPORTANCE!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#458THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:09pm

You know she's reading this thread. One can only imagine what she's thinking...

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

FindingNamo
#459THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:16pm

She's thinking, "This is why I NEVER read message boards."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#460THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:18pm

Alice, if you're reading this: JASON BENNETT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#461THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:19pm

I think she's thinking: I'm gonna show RobbieJ my tits!

At least, that's what I hope she's thinking!

julesboogie Profile Photo
julesboogie
#462THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:20pm

I know what i'd be thinking.

"You cant BUY this kind of publicity!"

In a week or two this will all blow over... Ripley will go back to being a beloved broadway celeb, and tons more people will know who she is. Thats the way this stuff works.

THE END

chellie
#463THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:21pm

She's thinking...
"FYI BI__H IS TO WOMEN WHAT 'F_G' IS TO THE GAY COMMUNITY. THE FACT THAT IT IS SO WIDELY ACCEPTED MAKES IT MORE INSIDIOUS."
(According to her Facebook.)

FindingNamo
#464THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:21pm

Alice, please call off your caffeinated chihuahua! Now that we've met Jason many of us have an understanding of how you came to use the word "fag" as a dismissive insult.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#465THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:22pm

OWWWW shooting ginger ale out your nose hurts!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jason Bennett
#466THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:25pm

You owe me no apology, jules. THE END

Chellie, I actually feel like I'm a mission in life, but it's very humble one... I mean it's true if I didn't feel I had something to say and offer, it would have been difficult to found a school for New York performers. I would really hope my students, friends and teachers would agree I know I'm flawed, make mistakes, take responsibility for things and I feel a deep sense of humility towards, and obligation to, all the performers I am honored to serve...

It also happens to be the case that I view service as the absolute primary goal of all performers. We serve through entertainment. And what an amazing calling that is.

p.s. - And again, I do not have any kind of active, personal or professional relationship with Alice. And nothing that I have written has anything to do with "reflecting" on her.

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 03:25 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#467THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:26pm

"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches"--Andy Warhol

At this point she'd need one a them carpenter's tape measurers.

"In a week or two this will all blow over..."

NEVER!!!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

perpetualanticipatio Profile Photo
perpetualanticipatio
#468THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:27pm

Updated On: 6/12/10 at 03:27 PM

FindingNamo
#469THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:28pm

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, JASON!

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#470THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:28pm

BWW - The New Grind'r!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#471THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:29pm

Someone really needs to take the crazy lady away from the computer. And Alice, too.

Jason Bennett
#472THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:33pm

Jason, I think you are both articulate and adorable. Sorry everyone thinks this seems to be sixth grade. Are you single?

I don't think most readers are 6th grade. I think most people who are reading this are on the educated, civil "side" if there is a "side" to be on. It's kind of obvious to me from the private messages (and emails from people who aren't registered on here)...people are appalled...

Updated On: 6/10/10 at 03:33 PM

FindingNamo
#473THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:33pm

Just leave.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#474THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:35pm

This thread was worth every minute I spent reading it.

Absolutely classic.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Videos