News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 21

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#500THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:57pm

Well, the "website" for his "school" certainly will have more "hits" than usual today. That's a kind of "success."

And you remember that old moral from Aesop; "an actor and his money are soon parted."

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Jason Bennett
#501THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 3:58pm

Although I didn't come on here to discuss my school, people keep asking about it...so, I'll answer:

chellie wrote: We "free" your talent. We help you cultivate your own artistic vision and statement. Our work is clear, intense and practical. Our work will empower and "liberate" you.

I "wonder" why there are so many "quotes"?

Jason responds: Good question. I used quotes around terms like that because I consider them what I call "acting buzz-words." Oh look, put that in quotes, too. And what I mean by that is that I don't think anyone can ever be truly "free" or "liberated."

I mean, really, what exactly does that even mean? It would be more precise if I had written "more free" and/or "more liberated." But, that doesn't exactly sound efficient and clear, either. So, I went with the quotes. In my experience, it isn't confusing to people who know a significant amount about creativity. THE END

Thanks for your question and thoughts. I appreciate the feedback and am humbled you are reading through our web site a little. I certainly didn't expect anyone to.

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 03:58 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#502THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:00pm

Wow!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#503THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:00pm

I went to the movies this afternoon and saw ROBIN HOOD which I quite enjoyed! But it seems I missed some sh*t going on here. Anyone want to give me the readers digest version so I can jump back in?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#504THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:01pm

The Great I AM came to pay a call.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#505THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:02pm

This thread reads like a f*cking James Joyce novel.

Jason Bennett
#506THE END

Ok, and now the conversation has died. Hey Jason i dont know if you intended take the heat off Ripley, but you have definitely succeeded in that. Im just sorry that you now have to suffer. Cant we all just go back to witch hunting...i mean discussing Ripley.

Jules, I'm not suffering at all. I'm amused. THE END

And I'm getting lots of work down while I'm reading, I've caught up on almost all my emails and phone calls!!!!

When I've "complained" it's about low-life posters, not because I'm in any pain...

It's quite clear when a poster knows something about civility, respect and ACTING and PERFORMANCE and when they don't...'in these here parts!'

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#507THE END

Oh Jordy honey, there is no Reader's Digest version. The reamblings contained herein are beyond encapsulation.

....but the world goes 'round

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#508THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:03pm

Or you just specify what from which you are liberating. After all, we all have an inner Symbionese Liberation Army.

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#509THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:04pm

I don't require my students to wear formal dresses or suits and call me Mr. Bennett whenever they address me, as did at least one very famous teacher.

I do not call myself a "master teacher" while screaming at the top of my lungs and throwing things across the room, as one older teacher is known to do here in the city.

I do not scream at my performers, ever. I do not insult them. I hardly ever get angry while I'm teaching -- and these are ALL things ALL the major teachers of the 20th century did.

And what's your point? That not doing those things makes you a better teacher? That's doubtful. All it proves is that you don't do some things that other teachers do/did. Now go give yourself a big pat on your humble back that you have a different style of teaching than some others do. Big F'ing deal.

Not everyone responds to your kumbaya, were all delicate sensitive flowers, and that we should never have to hear negatives about ourselves, style. Frankly, I think it's pretty much a load of bull****. If I were still taking classes, you'd be the last person I'd seek out...actually I wouldn't seek you out at all.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#510THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:05pm

Does Lupone? Does Patti have an inner Patty?

chellie
#511THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:06pm

Jason...when you say "low-life posters"...care to say who you deem as a low-life and who you don't?

FindingNamo
#512THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:07pm

Everything about Jason is that he's better. People who think he's an insufferable bore are "low lifes."

It's a good thing I never encounter people like Jason Bennett in real life or I'd end up on the cover of a tabloid: Gay Held in Gay Bashing.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#513THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:08pm

There's something vaguely Scientologist about all this.

Paging Milton Katselas....

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#514THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:09pm

THE END

Did someone say a gay wanted to be held?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#515THE END

OMG, I was just going to say that Borstal. This ego is unnatural. It's.....alien!

Jason Bennett
#516THE END

To answer your question, Phyllis -- although I did not come on here to talk about my school -- A fundamental point of any meaningful performer-training is removing blocks to the full expression of one's talent...as such, it is "liberating" and "freeing." This is true of giving a great performance, too, of course.

Ego dissolution is quite an amazing experience to have while performing, where you feel like "you" aren't doing it anymore. It's almost as if the performance is moving through you. Most great performers I know talk this way about how it feels to really "nail it."

No one teaches acting, really. What we can do is facilitate removing the blocks to full expression, etc., as I said above. And we can teach tools great performers use to create imaginary worlds and characterizations. But, I don't think anyone can actually "teach acting," in the literal sense of that phrase. But, again, as throughout my school's web site, I have to choose between using words and phrases people recognize, and speaking with utter psychological or methodological precision...there are ups and downs no matter which choice I make here and there...

It is a difficult venture, to use English or any verbal language, to describe creative processes, which are symbolic and imaginal.

It is very humbling to try and communicate creative process on a message board, when some posters are so unfamiliar with such things. This isn't a judgment, just a rather clear reality.

Find more typos? I'm passing them on to assistants. THE END

Updated On: 6/10/10 at 04:09 PM

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#517THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:13pm

How did the theatre ever survive without your insight?

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 04:13 PM

FindingNamo
#518THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:14pm

You learn whatever you need, tools from Jason Bennett's evolving synthesis of all the great acting systems, combined with his own revolutionary work.

Well, you know, we all wanna change the world.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 04:14 PM

chellie
#519THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:15pm

Jason, I'm disappointed that you didn't answer my question.

If I were still taking classes, you'd be the last person I'd seek out...actually I wouldn't seek you out at all.

But...the actors at Jason's school are "respectful, political, intelligent, diverse, very ambitious, driven, ethical and full of life -- they are fun." EACH and EVERY one.

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#520THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:17pm

But...the actors at Jason's school are "respectful, political, intelligent, diverse, very ambitious, driven, ethical and full of life -- they are fun." EACH and EVERY one.

Sounds like an advertisement for a preschool.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#521THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:18pm

I know it's over and I love me some Alice, but since when is throwing the word "fag" around considered "respectful, political, intelligent, diverse, very ambitious, driven, ethical and full of life"?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#522THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:20pm

He just has to add "...each in their own special way."

Jason Bennett
#523THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:22pm

Chellie, I appreciate your recent question. But, it doesn't feel useful to engage with you. Sorry.

Updated On: 6/10/10 at 04:22 PM

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#524THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 4:23pm

Why do I think I saw Jason Bennett in Waiting for Guffman?

Videos