pixeltracker

Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple

Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple

jim coleman
#0Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 2:49pm

According to Broadway.com, Joe Mantello is slated to direct.

BatonMan
Updated On: 2/10/05 at 02:49 PM

commasplice
munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 3:37pm

Atleast Joe Mantello is directing, but I have a feeling that Lane and Broderick will be doing the same exact roles they did in THE PRODUCERS. Maybe not Broderick, but Lane is the same in everything, so I'm expecting no different in this. I'm not so excited...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#3re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 5:18pm

i like Lane and Broderick lots...

next thing you know they'll be getting married

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#4re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 5:28pm

how come these news stories never mention that Lane and Broderick were also in THE LION KING together?

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#5re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 5:55pm

well they were never really "together" recording that- voice actors in disney movies rarely even see each other until it opens

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

#6re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 6:56pm

I am SO SICK of them. This is boring.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 7:10pm

I am too. And I've never seen either of them in anything that's impressed me. BLAH.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

superperson
#8re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 7:12pm

I'll go if they have rush tickets or standing room. The Producers was glorious, and I really doubt this'll come remotely close. I remember there was talk they'd switch parts every once in a while, I'd love to see Nathan as Felix and Matthew as Oscar.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 7:54pm

No one can beat Matthau & Lemmon. The thought of paying stratospheric prices for them (Lane & Broderick )is a turnoff. Thanks but no thanks

Poster Emeritus

pab Profile Photo
pab
#10re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 10:15pm

Before there was Matthau & Lemmon there was Matthau & Carney, the first brilliant team to do the show.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#11re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/10/05 at 10:59pm

Wow, if you've seen them in anything, you've seen them in everything. Big whoop, I won't buy a ticket.

Mahatma Kane Jeeves
#12re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/11/05 at 12:02pm

Just what the stage needs, yet ANOTHER version of this golden moldy; classic play that's been done absolutely to death and beyond. I know i'm in the minority here but i consider Nathan Lane to be infinately annoying, unfunny and grating.

Brush up your Shakespeare, and they'll all kow-tow!
Updated On: 2/11/05 at 12:02 PM

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#13re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/11/05 at 12:59pm

Many years ago there was a televised version of the play THE ODD COUPLE.........I believe it played on a cable channel....I cannot recall who played Felix, but I vividly remember Charles Nelson Reilly being an ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT Felix Unger....

Seeing that performance of Reilly's made me understand why he is one of our country's most respected and important teachers of acting.

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#14re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/12/05 at 5:14pm

Still think it would be better to reverse the casting BrodricK as Oscar & Lane as Felix. Think of the "hauwnk" Lane could do! Lane just looks like a Felix to me!

apdarcey
#15re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
Posted: 2/12/05 at 5:23pm

uh. this is old news and they bore me so much. though broderick in the foreigner is greatness!

Videos