News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for magicmanst

Member Name: magicmanst
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Doc and Video Podcast on B'way Fanatics Launches - I Hope I Get It
 Oct 24 2006, 08:56:17 PM
The Site - www.ihopeigetit.com

I Hope I Get It is an upcoming online documentary that explores the hidden culture of Broadway fanatics and the discounted tickets that keep them going. Discover the true theater devotees as the try their luck at ticket lotteries, wait in line for twofers at TKTS, and make it to the theater early for Standing Room Only. I Hope I Get It will also show the discount ticket phenomenon from the other side of the ticket booth, with interviews from dedicated

re: If you could have two Broadway performers switch roles for one night...
 May 29 2005, 01:47:43 PM
Christina Applegate and Charlotte D'ambrosse.

I would love to see Charlotte conquer the part of Charity again, and think that Christina would a WONDERFUL Roxie Hart.

re: Does Christina have a chance of taking home the Tony?
 May 7 2005, 01:47:11 PM
And the Tony goes to: Victoria Clark

period.

re: Chitty Chitty Bows
 May 6 2005, 04:44:19 PM
If you've seen Chitty, you know that the car really IS the star of the show.
re: Brooklyn Tour
 May 6 2005, 04:39:30 PM
A woman much smarter that I once said something about Brooklyn the burrough...."There are only two reasons to go to Brooklyn-You live in Brooklyn, or are f[expletive deleted]ing someone who lives in Brooklyn." The same goes for the show....There are only two reasons to go to see Brooklyn the Musical-You're in it, or your f'ing someone in it.
re: The 'Phantom' Chandelier
 May 6 2005, 04:37:22 PM
I can't wait for the phantom revival in 15 yrs. when they redo all of the effects, and that mofo comes flying down faster than Bobby Boland closed
re: Spamalot Recording!
 May 5 2005, 12:24:40 PM
this is one show you MUST see to appreciate the recording
re: How often is DRS On TKT?
 May 5 2005, 12:21:27 PM
They were there last sat. mat
re: Most shocking Tony moment
 May 3 2005, 08:10:26 AM
Let's also remember that the reviews for wicked weren't that great...mixed at best, while the Q reviews were, pun intended, golden.
Spelling Bee Review Predictions..
 May 2 2005, 05:19:09 PM
Hey guys, how do you think the Spelling Bee reviews will fare? i'm predicting very good, but not as strong as the off broadway ones. Your thoughts?
re: I've Now Seen All Of The Shows That Should Be Nominated for Best Musica
 May 2 2005, 02:14:47 PM
Having seen all four, I think it's going to go to Spamalot, but should go to Bee. I found be to be, by far, the most entertaining. Light was a beautiful show, and will def get best leading woman, but the show isn't commercial enough for a best musical nod.
re: Spelling Bee
 Apr 29 2005, 12:38:42 AM
having seen all of the new shows this seasson, Spelling Bee was, by FAR, my absolute favorite. Out of Spamalot, DRS, Light, etc. It was the only one I walked out of humming a tune from, and the only one I've seen more than once. Granted, Spellbound is one of my favorite documentaries, but I found Spelling Bee to have the heart and charm that most other shows lacked.
re: Which theaters have *AWFUL* partial view seats?
 Apr 29 2005, 12:35:00 AM
The Virginia Theater Front Row are TERRIBLE! I saw Little Shop from the front row, and couldn't see a goddamn thing. Thankfully, the show was at about 40% capacity, so we just moved to the balcony.
re: Spamalot SRO?
 Apr 26 2005, 09:55:04 PM
Hey guys, what time does the box office open Tomorrow(Wednesday)? What time should I get there for SRO?
re: GREATEST IDEA FOR THE NEXT MEGA-MUSICAL
 Apr 25 2005, 02:37:34 PM
My pic for must-see productions:

First Wives Club, the Musical

and

Like a Prayer: The Madonna Musical
(tagline: Life is a Mystery...)

I'm such a genius :-P

re: For those who have seen the original musicals this year
 Apr 25 2005, 02:34:09 PM
I found the score to Spelling Bee to be far stronger and more memorable than DRS. I liked DRS, but to me it lacked that special dab of creativity and originality to make it special. Spelling bee has truckloads of both, not to mention a killer cast, excellent direction, a catchy score, wonderful book, etc. The transfer to Circle also went remarkably smoothly. One vote for bee!
re: Can Robert Goulet Save La Cage?
 Apr 21 2005, 11:56:37 AM
They should have gotten either Harvey or Nathan Lane for Georges. The fact that they staged this revival with no big star spelled disaster from the start. I thought the direction in this revival was particularly clumsy and straight forward as well, not to mention the terrible set pieces. Boo
re: Sweet Charity - a quick review of Christinas debut
 Apr 21 2005, 10:56:38 AM
She must have been under tremendous pressure...The show didn't sell many tickets with Charlotte, they needed her in ASAP~

As far as the ending goes, there's no way you can tell me the fairy godmother ending is even remotely decent! The original ending is quite possibly THE worst final minutes of any show at all. The new ending, while lacking that "oomph" to end a show, sure beats a fairy godmother flying down and telling Charity tomorrow will be better.

re: I left SWEET CHARITY at intermission
 Apr 14 2005, 02:42:10 PM
I still say that this was a stellar production of Sweet Charity. It seems to me that those who have disliked it have more problems with the show than this staging. it's certainly not a show for everyone, but if you like the material, I couldn't imagine you being unhappy with this Broadway production. The dancing is ridiculously good, and the performances are all top notch. I also found the ending very fulfilling. It's a tough show to end, as the journey we watch Charity take part in lacks a
re: LcZees SWEET CHARITY - Wed. Nite
 Apr 14 2005, 02:36:58 PM
The biggest problem with O'hare in this show is that he is so unnattractive. There is no way that Charity would fall for a guy that looks like O'hare. I thing the part of Oscar needs to be played by someone that is somewhat attractive in a nerdy-esque kind of way.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You