News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for taperina

taperina Profile Photo
Member Name: taperina
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Last Performance of Wicked in Toronto
 Jan 2 2007, 07:56:11 PM
That is surprising. I guess they had their formal good-byes when they left bway, but I thought for sure they would do something during the curtain call. I saw the show on Dec. 20th and again on the 30th and they were pretty emotional both times (mostly megan...sho was wiping megan's face at the end of for good). I can only imagine what the last show was like. Where else in the show were they crying besides for good?
Last Performance of Wicked in Toronto
 Jan 1 2007, 07:46:06 PM
Did anyone catch the last performance of Wicked in Toronto? I saw the 3rd last show (as well as several others before that) and they were all amazing. Just wondering if they did anything special during the curtain call for Megan and Shoshana yesterday?
re: The Lord of the Rings Musical in Toronto?
 Dec 31 2005, 07:20:52 PM
Try this link
http://www.mirvish.com/Lord/

re: The Lord of the Rings Musical in Toronto?
 Dec 31 2005, 12:59:12 AM
It's starting at the Princess of Whales theatre Feb 2nd...same theatre where the Lion King/Hairspray played. Check out www.mirvish.com and click on the LOTR pic.
Has anyone seen Annie Get Your Gun in Toronto yet?
 Aug 13 2005, 11:39:44 PM
It's now been extended another week until Sept. 3rd...
Has anyone seen Annie Get Your Gun in Toronto yet?
 Aug 13 2005, 01:30:28 PM
I am a fan of Louise Pitre's and went to see the opening night of Annie Get Your Gun at Massey Hall in Toronto. I ended up with free tickets since a friend of mine is part of the orchestra. The show was great! I was a little unsure about Louise playing Annie, but she was fabulous. They put a wig on her btw to cover her silver hair. Billy Ray is good, but he has a very quiet voice and Louise really overpowers him. Their "Anything You Can Do..." is hilarious. It's neat how the orchestra is
re: Which Actor Has the Most Reliable Attendance Record?
 Jul 27 2005, 12:36:24 AM
Carolee Carmello...unless she is on her holidays that lady is always there!
re: Things to do in NYC
 Jul 3 2005, 03:43:21 PM
I love going to Serendipity when I'm in NY for Frozen Hot Chocolate. It's a neat place to visit, but you need reservations well in advance (I made mine 2 weeks prior to my trip). Right on the same street is Dylan's Candy Factory which is another fun place to visit.
re: Little Women Tour Cast
 Jul 3 2005, 03:36:43 PM
I think Steve will be wonderful as Laurie. I saw him in Urinetown in Toronto last summer and in I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change in April. His CD is great as well...what a voice! I know Steve as well as his wife and they are such nice (and extremely talented) people.
re: Little WOmen tour cast/ Laurie
 Jul 3 2005, 03:32:50 PM
Stephen is a great performer. I saw him in Urinetown as well as I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change back in April. I have his CD as well and I think he has a great voice. I know Steve as well as him wife and they are wonderful people. Hope I can see the tour at some point. I'm sure he will be great.
re: No pictures allowed though - only 'of them, not with them.'
 Jul 1 2005, 06:36:27 PM
I have no idea...when I was at Avenue Q less than a month ago, I asked Stephanie and Jennifer if I could take pictures "of them" and they both said "do you want to be in it with me...let's find someone to take it". Same thing with Carolee Carmello at Mamma Mia and Shoshana at Wicked. I haven't heard of the "only of them" thing...
re: Offensive?
 Jun 25 2005, 05:13:38 PM
I agree...if anything I think Avenue Q is educational. For example you end up thinking "ya everyone is a little bit racist". I think there is a lot of truth to that statement in a world where we attempt to be so politically correct...you still think it sometimes. I agree that If you were gay is one of the least offensive songs. It supports Rod being gay...what is more accepting than that? If everyone in the world was as accepting as Nikky, we'd have a lot less problems...ha ha ha. While so
re: Theatre Aquarius Sweeney Todd - I'm Doing It.
 Jun 21 2005, 09:42:37 PM
I live just outside of Hamilton and I used to do summer sessions at Theatre Aquarius as well as at the Sanderson Center in Brantford. I've had my dance recitals at Theatre Aquiariu since I was 8...love that theatre! So beautiful and it has a great stage! When will the performance of Sweeney Todd be? Do you know yet?
re: My Les Mis Obsession is Coming Back
 Jun 19 2005, 09:54:01 PM
Les Mis will be playing in Toronto at the Princess of Whales Theatre in the fall.

www.mirvish.com

re: Hairspray Lotto?
 Jun 19 2005, 09:50:17 PM
It may have changed now that Marissa is back. I was there when Carly was still on. I personally didn't mind the rear mezz seats. It was really far away, but I could still see everything just fine. I had seen the show before in Toronto so I didn't mind if I wasn't seeing it up close. I've never tried standing room at that theatre though so I can't really compare.
re: Hairspray Lotto?
 Jun 19 2005, 05:02:53 PM
My friend and I went at the end of May (right after we lost the Wicked lottery) and were surprised when we got to the theatre and no one was there. We asked at the box office if they had a lottery and the guy said "we did have one 15 minutes ago and no one showed up so do you want two lottery tickets"? I don't know if that's typical or not but even by the time the show rolled around there were only 2 other people in "lottery row" with us. It was on a Wednesday, but still...
That was about

re: What's Your Favorite Broadway Line?
 Jun 19 2005, 01:13:04 PM
Thought of another one from Hairspray:

"I too feel not good, may I also come check it out?"

and...

"There will be armed guards there". "With arms!" oh Penny how I love thee

re: What's Your Favorite Broadway Line?
 Jun 19 2005, 01:03:48 PM
From Avenue Q:

"There is life outside your apartment...there's a pigeon squashed on the street...ewww""

"I'm going to jump...don't do it! Okay"

"Hey guys whatcha laughing about"
"RACISM!"
"COOL!"

Wicked:

"We can't all come and go by bubble"

"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so...some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know".

Mamma Mia:

"Screw em if they can't take a joke"
re: Behind The Scenes With The LION KING Tour
 Jun 16 2005, 09:44:20 PM
I got to go backstage at the Princess of Whales Theatre in Toronto when Lion King was playing there. The sets and costumes were amazing up close. It was so neat to walk out onto the stage and to climb "pride rock" (until they told me I had to get down for insurance reasons).

re: How much Broadway personnel did you meet?
 Jun 13 2005, 10:09:20 PM
I've met more people in Toronto than I have on bway...but here is my bway personnel list:
Louise Pitre
Tina Maddigan
Donna Murphy (I met her twice and got to go up to her dressing room to see her the second time...that was amazing!)
Jennifer Westfelt
Stephanie D'Abruzzo
Jennifer Barnhart
Jordan Gelber
Shoshana Bean
Carolee Carmello
Judy McLane
Liz McCartney

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You