News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalfool

Member Name: musicalfool
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Sep 29 2015, 11:56:08 AM

I totally agree about Odom.  He is truly a revelation and having seen him twice, I cannot imagine another performer in this role.  His songs are the ones I am obsessively listening to on the album.  WAIT FOR IT may be my favorite song of the last decade.

Dear Evan Hansen
 Jul 29 2015, 04:33:24 PM

I also saw the show since I had to travel to DC for work.  I think the music is the strongest element - P&P have done great work here.  Ben Platt is a STAR and I see huge things ahead for him.  His singing is excellent and his acting is even better.  I completely believed him.  I agree with earlier posts that either of the two friends could bring some diversity to the show - it would make it more interesting.  I hope this comes to a small theater in NYC to gi

Best Musicals for Kids
 Jun 17 2015, 03:36:28 PM

It really depends on what kind of kids they are. Some 6 year olds are thrilled to sit quietly through a 2 1/2 hour show and some can't.  If yours is the former, I agree with the posters about Aladdin, and with your choices.  On the Town might even be fun.

Something Rotten Previews
 Mar 23 2015, 09:48:32 AM
Does anyone think they will extend the discount offers, or should I just suck it up and try to go within the current window? I have a feeling they might not?
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/14/14
 Dec 16 2014, 11:29:54 AM
I absolutely loved the music, staging and set. The book is kind of a mess, but i was so happy about the rest of it that I went with it. I would encourage those who are on the fence to take a chance - with or without Sting. There is so much complaining here about the dearth of NEW works - well, here one is!
SIDE SHOW closing January 4th
 Dec 12 2014, 10:02:39 AM
It drives me nuts that everyone keeps blaming the failure of this show on the marketing. If people don't like it, they don't like it. It's as simple as that. I know there are ardent fans, but a handful of superfans does not keep a show open - and it never did.
Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
 Dec 8 2014, 10:55:34 AM
I too loved the show. Fun, silly and very entertaining. I though the score was bouncy and more complicated/interesting than folks here are giving it credit for. To each his own, but I'd easily recommend this one.
Musicals are expensive to run (weekly nuts)
 Jun 16 2014, 02:27:24 PM
This is all fascinating. It's hard to believe ANY show can make it at these costs. bdn223, do you have any idea how much the average musical spends on advertising? I can see that being a huge drain on weekly numbers....
Full Songs from ROCKY the Musical on Facebook
 Apr 15 2014, 08:28:35 PM
I totally agree. Not sure why this score got knocked - I loved it. Particularly Raining and Fight From The Heart. I'd love to see Andy get to sing that on the Tonys.
Idina Menzel on
 Apr 2 2014, 12:46:32 PM
I'm pretty sure shows don't pay for coverage on the Today show. The only costs associated would be if there is a performance where they need costumes, dressers, etc, but they don't pay that to the Today Show.
HBO Releases First Teaser Trailer for THE NORMAL HEART Film!
 Mar 10 2014, 09:38:17 AM
I cannot wait to see this!!
Idina Menzel and Jimmy Fallon
 Mar 4 2014, 10:45:35 AM
Love this and love her. So happy to see her having this moment. Very glad Fallon is back in New York and hope he's going to be a great supporter of theater!!
Rocky - The Musical is on TDF
 Feb 6 2014, 06:20:49 PM
How are preview prices for this show so different than others? I got this direct mail and Bullets and both were $99?
ROCKY: Is there precedence for using photos of non-cast-members as logo/artwork?
 Feb 4 2014, 03:45:14 PM
Those aren't the actors from Germany. The are "generic" people.
Bullets discount code
 Jan 29 2014, 04:53:08 PM
I know there is another thread about this, but the title of the show isn't in the headline and so I thought it might be useful to re-post. I got the Bullets Over Broadway direct mail today. The code is BUDMX101.
What is the Marketing Team for BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY Thinking?
 Jan 28 2014, 10:17:08 AM
Wow. Just wow.
Last night I saw a production of Next to Normal...
 Jan 24 2014, 11:18:50 AM
I think that if a new staging FUNDAMENTALLY changes the fabric of the show (i.e. - not Mimi's pants), it violates the contract of the license.
Amy Adams Singing Defying Gravity
 Jan 14 2014, 08:47:45 PM
Drunk karaoke has never looked more fun to me. Love her.
After Midnight roles
 Jan 14 2014, 12:49:40 PM
For those who have seen/know the show:
How does the rotating star thing work? Are there specific roles they go into or are new parts being incorporated each time?

The Realistic Joneses
 Jan 14 2014, 10:02:56 AM
I don't know much about the story other than what was in the New York Times review, but the cast is fantastic. It's a shame Parker Posey won't come with it, but if it means Toni Colette comes back to Broadway, I'm ok with it! :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You