News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NBRISBY

NBRISBY Profile Photo
Member Name: NBRISBY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best One Hit Wonder!
 Sep 3 2004, 12:37:05 PM
Well, if we're including those people, Loretta Devine probably counts, no?

I'd have to say while Jennifer did go into Chicago...she hasn't originated anything since Dreamgirls...on Broadway (I saw her off-bway of downhearted...omg...brilliant). When will someone write her a new Bway show...it'd sell like hotcakes, I'm sure.

re: Fall Preview
 Sep 3 2004, 12:24:21 PM
I'm not looking forward to 'night Mother because I've seen too many bad productions of it, and the show is ruined for me now. I'm almost at the same point with 12 Angry Men.

I"m VERY MUCH looking forward to:

Pillowman
Reckless
Streetcar (maybe one of the best plays ever written)
The Coast of Utopia (when will this open??)

re: Fall Preview
 Sep 3 2004, 12:13:52 PM
Great article...thanks for the post!

Looking forward to: Little Women, Brooklyn, Spamalot, CCBB, Charity, and La Cage

NOT: 'night MOther.

Sweep: I anticipate it to be an even year...with La Cage winning revival and Brooklyn winning best new musical.

Best performances: Sutton, Eden, and the Spamalot boys

re: obsessed?
 Sep 3 2004, 11:57:41 AM
I am currently listening to Shoshana Bean's "Ain't No Way"...and have been listening to it (and very little else) for about two weeks now.
re: No Strings
 Sep 2 2004, 06:56:59 PM
This show is one of those that should be more well-known. Encores had a production of it not too long ago with Maya Days. I think the recording of the show is not as good as it oculd be, but the show itself speaks through the recording...I'd get it if I were you.
re: Annie Debate
 Sep 2 2004, 06:48:23 PM
I vote for anything with Audra McDOnald.
re: how would you have voted in 1991?
 Sep 2 2004, 05:39:50 PM
It's a four-way tie!
re: Sorry - Wicked question for Rosh Hashanah
 Sep 2 2004, 05:37:26 PM
Yeah, Shoshana's a Jew, too. Maybe the show will close for the New Year de la Jews.

=)

re: favorite caroline songs
 Sep 2 2004, 04:48:32 PM
WELL, maybe next time you'll know better than to do something so dumb as express a minority opinion! Geesh, that was stupid.
re: Shoshana Bean
 Sep 2 2004, 04:35:21 PM
She has, of late, been in Hairspray...covering like...every role. She was also in the recent off-Bway cast of Godspell. She sang Bless the Lord. Now she'll be covering Idina in Wicked.
re: Sorry - Wicked question for Rosh Hashanah
 Sep 2 2004, 02:24:19 PM
I'm a bad Jew. Mom works for Jews for Jesus...I think as her spawn, I am a bad Jew. We also only celebrate Passover...nothing else. Bad Jew. Bad Jew.
re: Sorry - Wicked question for Rosh Hashuna
 Sep 2 2004, 01:58:32 PM
Yes.

http://www.roundhilljamaica.com/customWeddings/wedding_1.html

Sep 2 2004, 01:56:43 PM
Wow. Tough question. Eden's got a great voice, and so does Shoshana. Eden's is more traditional musical theatre than Shoshana's...although Shoshana can sing in almost different voice depending on what she's singing, so I don't know. I'd say they are just different.
re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
 Sep 2 2004, 01:53:59 PM
I'd also think about the last track on the Heather Headley pop album. Great song for a wedding.
re: Cheyenne Jackson interview on Playbill.com
 Sep 2 2004, 01:42:30 PM
It's so sad. He told me he was in love with me. I was like, "OKay, but I don't know you." It was odd, but...he is nice, i guess.

nathan
(wishing this story were true)

re: Dreamgirls Appreciation Thread
 Sep 2 2004, 01:36:24 PM
and still Diana Ross, who has mentioned her distaste for the show, covers "Family". Bizarre world. Maybe she doesn't know where the song is from. She's never seemed like the smartest oar in the rowboat to me.
 Sep 2 2004, 01:33:19 PM
also, some people drop the H at the end of hoshanah...particullarly those whose language is based in latin.
re: rudest people at stage door
 Sep 2 2004, 01:10:53 PM
Seth Riggs could be called a criminal for what he's done to some voices. And, most Bway people don't have time to cook b/c they are always in rehearsals for the show...they have put-in rehearsals, brush-up rehearsals, rehearsals for new readings, auditions, meetings with agents/managers, headshot appointments, and a number of other things to keep them constantly on the go. It's a fun life, but it is not a life where you work a mere 8 hours every day.
 Sep 2 2004, 01:08:41 PM
NO, Eden is not her cover anymore. Shoshana Bean has taken oevr for Eden. Shoshana is ah-may-zing. Check out her website www.shoshanabean.com.

Listen to Ain't No Way and just think what she'll be doing on Defying Gravity and No Good Deed!

But, I think Shoshana's a Jew, too, but...how good of a Jew is now the question. =)

re: Dreamgirls Appreciation Thread
 Sep 2 2004, 01:02:27 PM
How does someone get a copy of those Tony's, so we can see the great miss jennifer live? I saw on the Dreamgirls website (linked above) they have the audio of the performance...which sounds amazing, but some of us like to watch perfection in action by miss holliday.

I guess besides going to the museum of tv, there is no way to watch it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You