Fall Preview

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:01pm

http://www.broadway.com/template_1.asp?CI=41594&CT=49

This great article reviews the wonderful lineup for lineup this fall. Lets post once again what we are most looking forward to, most NOT looking forward to, what we think will sweep the Tonys, and who will give the best performances of the year!

Looking Forward to: BKLYN, Little Women

NOT: Spamalot (sorry; doesnt interest me)

Sweep the Tonys: Little Women OR/& Spamalot

Best Performances: Sutton Foster (Little Women), Eden Espinosa (BKLYN), Tim Curry (Spamalot), & Christina Applegate (Sweet Charity)

Euphegenia_Doubtfire Profile Photo
Euphegenia_Doubtfire
#1re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:09pm

Looking forward to Little Women and Spamalot, yah
NOT: Pacific Overtures
Sweep: Spamalot
Best performances: Eden, Sutton.

I dont verk vith the males cause I used to BE one. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job. I am job.

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
#2re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:12pm

Looking forward to 'NIGHT, MOTHER, LITTLE WOMEN and all of the one-person shows

BROOKLYN looks awful. There I said it.

CJR
#3re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:13pm

Spamalot, definitely re: Fall Preview

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#4re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:13pm

Great article...thanks for the post!

Looking forward to: Little Women, Brooklyn, Spamalot, CCBB, Charity, and La Cage

NOT: 'night MOther.

Sweep: I anticipate it to be an even year...with La Cage winning revival and Brooklyn winning best new musical.

Best performances: Sutton, Eden, and the Spamalot boys

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#5re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:16pm

NOT looking forward to 'Night Mother? Well, now I heard everything.

What PLAYS are people looking forward to?

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#6re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:24pm

I'm not looking forward to 'night Mother because I've seen too many bad productions of it, and the show is ruined for me now. I'm almost at the same point with 12 Angry Men.

I"m VERY MUCH looking forward to:

Pillowman
Reckless
Streetcar (maybe one of the best plays ever written)
The Coast of Utopia (when will this open??)

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#7re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:27pm

I guess if people are going to declare shows failures before the first workshop, we can also declare which will be TONY bound too, eh?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#8re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:46pm

Craig your behind there was already a thread where people predicted all the tony awards this year!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#9re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:53pm

So true, Craig.

I mean...why let Victoria Clark even open in LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA? Who the hell cares if Erin Dilly is a delightful Truly Scrumptious? And just what if THE COLOR PURPLE opens this season with LaChanze as Celie? It's obvious that the only two people that matter are Sutton and Eden! COME ON!

And DEMOCRACY? What's that?

Sorry..feeling a little Zell Miller today.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#10re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:54pm

I gotta agree, Krak.

The plot of "Brooklyn," in that story at least, sounds really stupid.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#11re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 1:57pm

Looking forward to: NYMF, Brooklyn, Bare

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Plum
#12re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:04pm

The plays this year are looking a whole lot stronger than the musicals. I'm looking forward to the Pacific Overtures revival, but the only new musical that looks really good is Spamalot, in a silly Producers sort of way. Little Women has some potential, I guess, but I didn't adore the book and don't worship Sutton Foster, so it's going to take good reviews and/or good discounts to get me to go. My interest level in Sweet Charity is about the same- tentative.

But the plays...ah, the plays. There's Twelve Angry Men, which I'm interested in purely by virtue of the wonderful movie. Gem of the Ocean...well, it's August Wilson. My interest is piqued. Democracy sounds interesting, at least. Then there's A Streetcar Named Desire, Bridge and Tunnel, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?- two classics and one well-received new work. And those are just the ones I can think of offhand.

Yep. Definitely a play season.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:06pm

Looking foward to: La Cage aux Folles, Reckless (Mary-Louise Parker is my favorite actress), Little Women, Laugh Whore, and strangely enough, Spamalot

Not: Good Vibrations, All Shook Up, Pacific Overtures, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (which wasn't in the article was it?)

I'm still on the fence about Brooklyn.

Best Preformances: Sutton Foster, Gary Beach, Tim Curry, and I'm going to say John Lithgow because he always manages to be great in everything he's in.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#14re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:14pm

Looking forward to: Spamalot, Little Women, La Cage aux Folles

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#15re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:17pm

Dirty Rotten.... I won't be suprised if Norbert will have a Tony nom. for this role.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#16re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:14pm

Dying to see how the stars of "Dirty Rotten" come off. Maybe Sherie Rene Scott will finally get nomianted?!

Ustadance
#17re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:20pm

Yo, Al Dente - I've said it before and I'llprobalby have to say it again: You need some serious therapy on that BKLYN hate issue...

MargoChanning
#18re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:40pm

Looking forward to --

Broadway:
Reckless
Night Mother
Spamalot
Gem of the Ocean
Dame Edna
Democracy
Light In The Piazza
Pacific Overtures
Pillowman
Virginia Woolf
Streetcar

Off-Broadway:
A Number (Caryl Churchill)
Rose Rage (Edward Hall)
Ain't Supposed To Die A Natural Death
Four By Tenn
White Chocolate
Richard III (with Peter Dinklage at The Public)
Dirty Tricks (with Judith Ivey at The Public)
Baltimore Waltz (Paula Vogel)
Hot 'n Throbbing (Paula Vogel)
Symphonie Fantastique (Basil Twist)
Peter and Jerry
The Bald Soprano/The Lesson (Ionesco at the Atlantic)
Us by Tim Miller (at PS122)
Doubt (with Cherry Jones at MTC)

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 9/3/04 at 08:40 PM

Plum
#19re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:45pm

Oh, yeah. How could I forget White Chocolate? re: Fall Preview

LadyGuenevere
#20re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:46pm

Looking Forward to: Pacific Overtures, Streetcar Named Desire, Virginia Woolf, Twelve Angry Men, 'night, Mother, maybe La Cage...and I'll probably see Little Women.

NOT: Brooklyn. Plot sounds stupid (especially Act 2), don't like the music so far. It hasn't impressed me. Get it? Good.

Sweep the Tonys: Spamalot.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#21re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:49pm

Ustadance, I like to think I'm just ahead of the times and everyone will be bashing in a month or so... IT will be intersting to see how the bklyn shills on here react to THAT!

Ustadance
#22re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:08pm

I've got it, Al D! You and Lady G need to start dating...you can both sit around and talk about how awful BKLYN is, and how awesome George Bush is...then you can walk off into Fool's Paradise together.

LadyGuenevere
#23re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:12pm

If I'm not mistaken, I'm not sure that Al will agree with me on George Bush...re: Fall Preview

And if you think that anyone needs to go into therapy because they are not impressed with Brooklyn...I know a good doctor that I can recommend to you.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#24re: Fall Preview
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:15pm

Um, yeah. I'll take a pass on the whole "4 more years" thing!

Videos