pixeltracker

Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?

Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?

bwayfan83
#0Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:15am

I was hoping people here could help me out with something...my brother asked me to sing at his wedding, but I have no idea what to sing. (He doesn't want anything too religious or anything.) I was thinking there must be some great Broadway love songs, which would also be fun to sing. Any good suggestions? Thanks in advance!

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#1re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:16am

Are you male or female?

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

bwayfan83
#2re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:18am

Yeah...that would probably help, huh? I'm female...and more of an alto/mezzo. Updated On: 9/2/04 at 01:18 AM

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#3re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:22am

"There's A Fine, Fine Line".

Seriously, though - how about "A Heart Full of Love" from Les Miz? It's such a gorgeous love song. Or "Sun and Moon" from Miss Saigon.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:24am

I want to dance my first dance to "Lot's Wife"

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:31am

I second "Sun and Moon" such a gorgeous song. Perfect for a wedding. But, I also suggest "Getting Married Today" from COMPANY, just because it's absolutely hilarious, but, no one ever wants to go that way... ah, who cares. I'll sing it at my wedding. re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?

Also, "Marry Me A Little" and "Children Will Listen"... I have no idea why, just cuz' it's beautiful.

and Matt... no words. just laughter.

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#6re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:32am

With You from Pippin -- I sang it at my brother's wedding....

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#7re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:34am

My gay wedding will be 80s-themed, be emcee'ed by a drag queen, and people will be served Indian gourmet, and they'll dance to showtunes and Madonna.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

CATSNYrevival
#8re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:36am

I wanna do the Fiddler wedding dance at my gay wedding. I'm not Jewish, but I'm lookin' for a blind Jew so it could work...

CATSNYrevival
#9re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:40am

Oh, and I'd like to be the first to suggest "Defying Gravity", "Thank Goodness", "As Long As You're Mine" and "For Good" cuz' I know those Wiz-O-Maniacs are gonna find this thread and I just wanted to say it before they do... so haha!!!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#10re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:50am

I wanna sing "The Next Ten Minutes" at my wedding. Awwww, how cute....I know.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

#11re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:52am

Gimme Gimme was sung at a friend's wedding. It was cool, this lady sung it right before they walked back up the aisle.

I second A Heart Full of Love, though. Beautiful song.

If you do a duet, do The Next Ten Minutes from The Last Five Years. An obvious choice (to me at least) but it's so beautiful, sigh, I love it.

TobyRagg Profile Photo
TobyRagg
#12re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 2:53am

"In Whatever Time We Have"-Children of Eden...absolutely beautiful

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#13re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 5:17am

BlueWizard,

Can I come to your wedding? It's like my idea of heaven.

I was thinking of "You Can Be As Loud As The Hell You Want"....for the honeymoon, that is.

"You're Timeless To Me" (or should that be at 50th anniversary?)

For the mother of a Jewish girl of 30 who hasn't been married..."Thank Goodness"

Wait, I think I found a nice one..."You'll never get away from me" from Gypsy.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

NDS34111
#14re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 8:22am

How about "This Is The Moment" from J&H (Michael Ball did a nice version that should be in your range)or "Loving You" from Passion. I also agree with the others who mentioned "A Heart Full of Love."

eyeonbroadway Profile Photo
eyeonbroadway
#15re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 8:30am

Can't go wrong with One Hand, One Heart from WSS....

showstopper
#16re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 8:56am

This isn't a Broadway song but I heard someone sing the song "The Colour of My Love" by Celine at a wedding. It had everyone in tears. You could probably lower the key a little.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#17re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 8:59am

All I Ask of You----From Phantom
I Honestly Love You----Boy from Oz

Blue Wizard, am I invited b/c your wedding sounds like fun!

Jon
#18re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 9:12am

"They Were You" from THE FANTASTICKS

jezzebelle
#19re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 11:21am

I sang "Take Me As I Am" from J&H at a friend's wedding...gorgeous song.

#20re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 11:38am

I could be wrong, but I think a friend of mine mentioned last year that he was singing "All I Ask of You" from Phantom at someone's wedding.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#21re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 11:48am

2nd "All I Ask of You" and "Take me As I Am" Yay!

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#22re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 12:00pm

why should someone' sex matter? I'm a man and I'm singing "So Many People" at my friend's wedding in October...and those lyrics are very sex specific. But I'm singing it as an openly gay man and thats what my friend (female) has asked me to do.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#23re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 12:19pm

Are you singing at Julie's wedding, red?? Yee haw!

As for suggestions, I have two, both by Frank Loesser:

1. For those who do not have a huge range, 'More I Cannot Wish You' from GUYS AND DOLLS is just lovely.

2. If you've a great, full voice with a strong top, I strongly suggest the absolutely stunning 'My Heart is So Full of You' from THE MOST HAPPY FELLA. Get Liz Calloway's Frank Loesser cd to heart just how marvelous it can be.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

shesings
#24re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:05pm

I've done "One Hand, One Heart" at a million weddings - if there is a Unity Candle part in the ceremony it goes perfect there. Short and sweet. I've also done "All I Ask of You" are a song before the wedding on many occasions. Another popular choice "Till There Was You"

Videos