News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ratherbewhaling

ratherbewhaling Profile Photo
Member Name: ratherbewhaling
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Santino Fontana On TV Now  Jan 8 2016, 05:04:20 AM

He's also on "My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," As a fan of his, it's great to see him having all this mainstream success, even if his presence will be missed on stage.

Should Lea Michele come back to Broadway? In what? (No funny girl please)  Jan 8 2016, 03:14:48 AM

I honestly would like to see her in a revival of Mack and Mabel. I'd love to hear that beautiful score get a chance to shine on broadway again. I think she could pull it off plus I don't think that show would be revived without a "star."

Final If/Then Show  Mar 26 2015, 05:33:46 PM
Here is video of the curtain speech from Kitt & Yorkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiLBQId8BrQ

Great Broadway Moments Ed Sullivan Show PBS special--4 DVD set?  Mar 11 2015, 06:53:05 PM
I watched that last night as well. It made me wish that there was a champion of broadway on TV today like Ed Sullivan had been back then.

I decided to get the dvds since my family always donates to pbs every year anyway, why not get something out of it

I did some looking around for the actual contents of the gift, and The DVD package is not just those four Ed Sullivan dvds, it also includes:

12-DVD set, The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection
Here are 6

What to see on Mon 6/23.  Jun 14 2014, 02:12:26 AM
Heathers has a Monday show though I'm not sure elderly people would appreciate it
Neil Patrick Harris, Idina Menzel, Sutton Foster, Sting, Fantasia, Wicked, Rocky and More Will Perform on Tony Awards  May 29 2014, 04:07:46 PM
Sting gets to perform but not Bridges
the Music Man  May 12 2014, 12:01:38 PM
I know they will probably cast a "name" but I would love to see Laura Osnes as Marian. She has said it is her dream role and she does have a previous relationship with NBC.
If you could pick one 2014 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?  Apr 28 2014, 09:28:57 PM
Jake Epstein, best featured actor

Broadway Stars in TV Commercials  Apr 9 2014, 03:55:16 PM
Santino Fontana Fontana does voiceovers for Macys and Excedrin

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7gRN/macys-one-day-sale-march-2014

Jessie mueller  Mar 7 2014, 04:29:35 PM
I just tried to get tickets for March 26 and telecharge had a notice up "please be advised that Jessie Mueller will not appear at this performance"

same for march 25, 27

Grammy Nominations Tonight: Musical Theatre Album -- Discussion  Dec 6 2013, 11:26:04 PM
I know kinky boots will win but why only three nominations? Cinderella or Pippin deserved that fourth spot
The Newsroom  Jul 5 2013, 12:19:02 AM
I remember seeing Aaron Sorkin on the Colbert Report and learning that he did in fact, major in musical theater.

Colbert even sang a bit of "Finishing The Hat" to him

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/360641/september-30-2010/aaron-sorkin

Favorite Douglas Carter Beane lines.  Jun 4 2013, 06:35:59 PM
From Little Dog Laughed

"We don't have a problem with cell phones in the theatre in this town. We've simply stopped doing theatre all together. Choices were made."

Shaiman's article  May 27 2013, 01:55:18 AM
According to Jeremy Jordan: Sutton was a female Fagin
Into the Woods Movie Cast  May 24 2013, 02:49:10 AM
I would be quite fine with that

I love her version of "I Am What I Am"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFPIrhQyyiQ

Krysta Rodriguez to lead FIRST DATE  May 20 2013, 05:22:45 PM
Being a fan of Krysta, I'm excited for this, and hope it can succeed.

Sure, it seems unlikely but I wouldn't have thought that Veronica Mars fans would be able to raise almost 6 million dollars to finance their movie so I don't want to underestimate cult fanbases

Neil Patrick Harris to Host Tony Awards  May 13 2013, 04:44:14 PM
I wonder why Neil has tweeted a bunch since this announcement but but hasn't mentioned anything about it to his 5,787,170 Followers

Maybe he's as tired of doing it as some people here are of having him

Into the Woods Movie Cast  May 10 2013, 05:52:38 PM
Laura Benanti's TV show just got cancelled, I wonder if she could possibly get a role in this
A Broadway Fable  May 3 2013, 11:48:42 PM
Interesting post, and I agree, this is a bad precedent.
Thoughts on MOTOWN  Apr 4 2013, 08:35:06 PM
We're talking about the future of musicals and every show that you have listed there is from the last decade and has already closed on broadway, except for the one largely written by celebrities so you're not really disproving my point. (the book or Mormon marquee even had the words BY THE CREATORS OF SOUTH PARK on it just in case people didn't get the memo)

Also Light in the Piazza ran for a year at a non profit theatre supported by grants and endowments, so that would not be the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You