News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Petrichor

Member Name: Petrichor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mike Pence Gets  Nov 19 2016, 02:59:32 PM

Trump and Pence seem like the kind of people who would make it their priority to get rid of anyone and anything that they simply do not like with a cold vengeance, including Hamilton for "harassing"  them or bruising their egos...which kinda scares me.

LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016  Sep 4 2016, 07:59:59 AM

So glad I was finally able to see Les Miserables. Brennyn Lark as Eponine was fantastic. Everyone was! I agree it should have been a 'permanent' Broadway show like TLK and Phantom are.

Lion King: is it getting worse?  Sep 1 2016, 09:09:22 AM

I can't say whether I agree or not because I saw it in 2014 on a school trip. I was moved by it, as were my friends, and I enjoyed the show. The only thing I can comment on was that at some point early on in the show the Timon puppets hand actually fell off on stage. I think it was fixed during intermission but I can't remember for sure, so in that sense yeah maybe the puppets could use some maintenance. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Aug 26 2016, 04:15:19 PM

Oh man, totally bummed out that I'll be missing Renee Goldsberry now! Was so looking forward to seeing her as Angelica not even two weeks later.

Most anticipated production for the 2016-2017 season?  Aug 12 2016, 06:04:59 PM

Anastasia is my most anticipated. Also looking forward to Singing' in the Rain, Sunset Blvd, and Miss Saigon.

Shows where you prefer a different recording from the original?  Aug 12 2016, 05:58:00 PM

I prefer the RENT film soundtrack over the original Broadway cast recording, probably because that's what I heard first and became more accustomed to. The exception being that I like the original Seasons of Love over the film's version.

Same goes for Phantom of the Opera. 2004 film soundtrack for me, also same reason as above.

Lastly, I absolutely love the Wicked recording and the cast is fine as it is, I just prefer Rachel Tucker's voice as Elphaba. If we could

What Broadway  Jul 31 2016, 10:24:06 AM

Bright Star! Miss that lovely show.

Also, would have liked to see Tuck Everlasting, the set looked gorgeous.

Audience Rewards - Points and Cash  Jul 26 2016, 06:54:42 PM

dramamama611 said: "I've never been disappointed with my seat assignments from AR, either.   

"

Figured I should ask, you do not get to choose your seats from a seating chart by using AR? Thinking of using points for the first time. Also, is there a confirmation page before you're locked into your seats?

Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?  Jul 23 2016, 06:03:03 PM

Waitress, Bright Star, and The King and I (2015).

New playbill design?  Jul 1 2016, 08:28:46 PM

I'm not really sure how I feel about the new design. Some of them look neat, depending on the color scheme or image, but as a whole I don't think I like them. The white border kinda balanced everything out nicely for me. It'll take some getting used to.

Broadway Shows for Dad  Jun 27 2016, 09:41:25 AM

Fiddler on the Roof?

Thank you, Bright Star  Jun 26 2016, 04:50:45 PM

I'm so glad I convinced my friend to see this with me, it was sort of on a whim as well. I still find myself singing the songs to myself. Hopefully Carmen Cusack can land another role on Broadway soon, hers is not a voice I will soon forget!

LCT'S KING AND I closes on June 26th ~ Discount Code  Jun 26 2016, 12:35:03 PM

What an absolutely gorgeous show. The costumes and stage were breathtaking. So many beautiful voices.

Unfortunately the person I went with put me in a foul mood and kinda ruined the experience, which is a shame because I know I could have enjoyed this so much more. I've wanted to see this show for a very long time. I'm very sad this is closing.....would have loved to go back and see it again.. broken heart

Cats $199  Jun 21 2016, 02:13:16 PM

I would either wait or try to find seats that aren't in orchestra.

Honestly I was really excited to grab tickets for this show as soon as possible, as I had never seen it, but I actually decided to hold off for a bit.

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 16 2016, 07:09:04 PM

I hope it's not animated! I'm not really much of a fan of modern day animation, some animated films look great while others don't, and I have a feeling this would just end up looking like a reskinned Frozen(sorry to all Frozen lovers!). It would just be too much of a hit-or-miss, and with the direction I'm hoping the film goes in, target audiences would be pg/pg-13 or up.

It'd be neat if the film combined the musical with the darker elements of the novel,

Cats revival seeking real cats  Jun 16 2016, 12:48:20 PM

My cat would like to join. Where do I sign him up? Maybe he could bring home some money.

Breaking News: Broadway's BRIGHT STAR Sets Closing Date  Jun 15 2016, 11:23:13 PM

I just saw a Bright Star video ad for the first time on a Youtube video. It must be an older one because it didn't mention June 26th being its final performance...just thought that was odd.

What's Next for the Cort?  Jun 15 2016, 10:03:22 AM

Is the Cort theatre the only theatre in NY with such an odd layout? Of course the double-sided downstairs bathrooms being a noticeable one, but I've never walked into a theatre so small(again, is it really small or just a weird layout?) where the seats and stage area are just a couple of steps beyond the entrance door. 

Breaking News: Broadway's BRIGHT STAR Sets Closing Date  Jun 14 2016, 07:42:35 PM

What a shame, I so badly wanted this show to have a long and successful run. I'm glad I got to see it, though. Here's hoping the brilliant Carmen Cusack and co. will find other roles soon!

LCT'S KING AND I closes on June 26th ~ Discount Code  Jun 14 2016, 05:13:54 PM

Got tickets to see this show on its last weekend!

Does anyone here have any experience with stagedooring for this show? I'd like to try it but I don't know who comes out, or if anyone comes out. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You