XANADU rush?

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#1XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/27/07 at 11:08pm

Does anyone know if it exists? And if so, what's the deal?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/27/07 at 11:17pm

I looked at the sign today. Pending ticket availability, they MAY have student rush available ~ it was either $26.25 or $26.50. But there are no guarantees if it's available on any given night.

Tickets are sold 2 hours prior to curtain if they have them.

You have to show student ID and (they're being ageist here...not grasping that you CAN be older and a full-time student) proof that you're under 25.

I can't remember if they said 1 or 2 tickets.

But they stressed that it is not guaranteed at every performance. And NOT to call the box office to see if it is. You have to show up 2 hours prior to curtain to see.

(corrected spelling. I don't like my old laptop. GRRR)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 5/28/07 at 11:17 PM

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#2re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/27/07 at 11:27pm

Thanks jordan! Very detailed and helpful.

Having said that, does anyone know if there HAS been availability? Has it been selling out in its first week?

JohJoh525
#3re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 12:32am

I got student rush for Xanadu on Thursday...

Jordangirl is right... 26.50, I think. 2 hours before curtain time. 2 tickets per ID. Must be 25 or younger. My student tickets were onstage seating.

Luckydave14
#4re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 12:39am

I got onstage student tickets for Saturday night. They were onstage seats and even though they are supposed to be sold 2 hours before, the guy let us have them at 10:45am.

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#5re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 7:28pm

So do you think if I went tomorrow afternoon, I could a rush ticket around 4:30? I can't get there for 5.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 7:39pm

Is Xanadu's onstage seating arranged like Spring Awakening's? Also do cast members sit in the seats?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#7re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 7:57pm

It said "Sit onstage with the gods: on the poster at the box office, so I assume that you will be sitting with actors.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#8re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 10:51pm

Does anyone know how long Xanadu has been running for the first couple previews? I want to rush this week.

Whatever happened to class?

Luckydave14
#9re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 10:55pm

The onstage seats are general admission, first come first serve. The ushers let you pick where you want to sit onstage. There are around 5 seats that the audience can not sit in as the cast sits in them at one point. But they only sit in the seats for a few minutes.

The show was approximately 90 minutes.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#10re: XANADU rush?
Posted: 5/28/07 at 11:15pm

Luckydave or anyone else who has sat onstage,
What is the view like? Are you just looking at backs the entire time? Would you recommend sitting there? And is there a clear reason why there are audience members onstage other than the novelty?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Videos