Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop

Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:05pm

I don't know but I would love to see her back on the stage. I can definitely see her in the Lily Tomlin role, that's great casting. Now, Bebe Neuwirth is involved in this project, what role is she playing? I saw the movie a while ago but don't remember any major female role that would make a Broadway star like Neuwirth be part of the project. I assume they have added a new major female role. I'm quite interested to see how this project will turn out.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Julian2
#2re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:15pm

There's the secratary they send to Germany, and the Boss's Wife, I guess on of those.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:17pm

I think there's a female office snitch, or something of that nature.

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#4re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:34pm

Janney can sing, if I'm not mistaken.

For me...those three leads sounds fab...

And Neuwirth should (would?) be a gas as Roz, Mr. Hart's snitch.

I just want to hear Hilty rip into 9 to 5...as great as she was (IMHO) in Wicked, I think that role has the potential to make her a star.

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#5re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:42pm

I agree that Neuwirth would be great as the snitch.
Very a la Lilith (from fraiser)
I think this could turn out to be very good, and I'm throughly excited to see the final product!

P.S. this is my first official post, however I have been a longtime "lurker."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:49pm

Thanks for posting!! YAY, finally something official :)

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#7re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/8/07 at 10:09pm

I am so excited for this show, for some reason it doesn't seem like that great of an idea to me, but I think I'm gonna end up loving it. Plus, since I am one of the few people who enjoy country, this should be interesting!

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Gelfling Profile Photo
Gelfling
#8re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:29am

I hear Janney sing with a big band at a charity function a few years back and she has a really nice voice... I think you can hear her sing a little in one West Wing episode but I couldn't tell you which right now...

after all not everyone who can sing makes it his/her profession re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop

I wish she was surrounded by better actresses though... Hilty and Block are a little subpar I think.

"What book of rules says that theatre exists only within some ugly buildings crowded into one square-mile of New York City? Wherever there's magic and make-believe and an audience, there's theatre..."

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#9re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/18/07 at 8:53am

I liked her rendition of, "The Jackal!" Oh wait, what was lipsynching. Still fab.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 6/18/07 at 08:53 AM

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#10re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/18/07 at 8:57am

The Jackal is and will probably always be one of the funniest things I've seen on television. Between Allison's performance and Rob Lowe's white boy dancing along with it...oh man.

I miss The West Wing.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#11re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/18/07 at 9:35am

Maybe Neuwirth is playing the drunk secretary, portrayed by Peggy Pope in the film.
re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#12re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/18/07 at 9:58am

Can't wait to see Janney as Prudy Pingleton!

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

Thesbijean
#13re: Hilty, Block, and Janney are 9-5 trio in upcoming Workshop
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:25am

Neuwirth is playing Roz.

Sources tell me that the role has obviously been beefed up from the film version, and that the big showstopping number belongs to her...

Videos